PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt S1600 CHD = GI HD Mini?

Wibs
20-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Hi guys,

my Icecrypt has started to play up recently with many freezes on the picture while sound continues OK, and digital artefacts appearing on screen (as you normally see under poor signal condition) while the Signal Level is at 90% and the Quality at 72% (previously, the Icecrypt worked flawlessly at these same levels).

So I decided to get another receiver in case the Icecrypt was on the way out. The first I looked at was the Galaxy Innovations (GI) range of receivers, which also handle BISS and the high symbol rate as used by such services as the Satback service on Intelsat 907.

I scanned the various GI forums to see which models seemed to be the most popular and had the most support, and it appears that the GI HD Mini and GI HD Mini Plus were the ones I should be considering.

I then searched for the manual for the GI HD Mini to see how intuitive the menus were, and how easy to update the firmware / install custom firmware.

Imagine my surprise when I read the manual and found that the remote was exactly the same as the Icecrypt S1600 CHD, and the onscreen menu was identical too!

Are these GI and Icecrypt models made by the same original manufacturer and badged under different brand names?

Wibs

villamarre
21-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Hi wilbs cant answer your question but I too have noticed the similarities after helping someone with a GI sunbird,there seeems to be more functionality on these than icecrypt and very easy to add new codes for satback,I use icecrypts s3200 and have had no problems with these boxes.GI can be founf for €115 so much cheaper and styling is exactly same as ice3250???