PDA

View Full Version : Tivusat smartcard on VU+ Duo2

Victoriandad
26-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Hi All,

I've just setup our new Duo2 to replace our ailing Windows 7 Media Center PC.

I was wondering what I need to do in order to get Mediaset channels (specifically Rete 4 from Hotbird) for my wife (she's Italian) on the Duo2. We have a Tivusat Smartcard that came with a small TELESystem STB that her brother bought for her (he knew that the Mediaset channels would eventually move to encryption, which they did recently).

Tonight, I have setup the Duo2 to access Hotbird(13), Astra1(19) and Astra2 (28) and I get the free to air channels Ok (I'm quite pleased with it actually). I have inserted the Tivusat card into each of the two lower card slots but I get no joy, obviously I need to do/add something more to the mix to get it to work. The Common Interface option in Setup just shows Slot1 and doesn't appear to register the insertion of the card.

I would be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction to get Rete 4 working for my wife. I assume that the addition of a software CAM or hardware CAM is necessary to progress, but I'm a bit naive when it comes to anything beyond free to air channels on satellite.

Cheers,

Sean.

TheGod
27-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi All,

I've just setup our new Duo2 to replace our ailing Windows 7 Media Center PC.

I was wondering what I need to do in order to get Mediaset channels (specifically Rete 4 from Hotbird) for my wife (she's Italian) on the Duo2. We have a Tivusat Smartcard that came with a small TELESystem STB that her brother bought for her (he knew that the Mediaset channels would eventually move to encryption, which they did recently).

Tonight, I have setup the Duo2 to access Hotbird(13), Astra1(19) and Astra2 (28) and I get the free to air channels Ok (I'm quite pleased with it actually). I have inserted the Tivusat card into each of the two lower card slots but I get no joy, obviously I need to do/add something more to the mix to get it to work. The Common Interface option in Setup just shows Slot1 and doesn't appear to register the insertion of the card.

I would be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction to get Rete 4 working for my wife. I assume that the addition of a software CAM or hardware CAM is necessary to progress, but I'm a bit naive when it comes to anything beyond free to air channels on satellite.

Cheers,

Sean.

Software CAM: CCcam2.3
Hardware CAM: TivuSat cam but this is not recognised by most images like for example BlackHole. It is recognised on OpenVix but still some channels don't clear so best option is always to use softcam above.

sonic1
27-09-2015, 08:05 PM
A little search of Oscam or Doscam will do all you need.

Victoriandad
27-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Thank you for the responses, I'll have a dig around and get going sometime during the week. I assume that the original build is sufficient, i.e. I don't need Blackhole or OpenVix, etc?

Cheers,

Sean.

sonic1
27-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Original build will work but makes it very hard, either of the above will make life a little easier.

Victoriandad
18-10-2015, 03:01 AM
Original build will work but makes it very hard, either of the above will make life a little easier.

I'm reluctant to start installing builds like Blackhole, etc.. I'd rather stick with what the machine had originally for now. Maybe I'll upgrade in the future when there's a pressing need.

Anyway, I finally found some time to get around to installing a softcam. I followed the Dummies guide from Lee (GoldWafers) on installing cccam. I acquired enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam_2.3.0_mips32el.ipk, but the remote commands about pressing green then yellow didn't work. I assume those key commands are for the Blackhole image rather then the Enigma one. Anyway, a did bit of digging and I logged in via ssh and tried to install the ipk directly as root by using "opkg install <blah>.ipk". Unfortunately, I got the following:

root@vuduo2:/tmp# opkg install enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam_2.3.0_mips32el.ipk
Collected errors:
* Packages for enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
* Cannot find package enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.
root@vuduo2:/tmp#

Any suggestions, am I going about it the right way?

Cheers,

Sean.

sonic1
18-10-2015, 09:54 AM
It will never work that way as the original image does not recognise the installation of an IPK file, you could manually add the files to the right locations and start it via telnet or edit the required script to enable it from start up.
All of that is beyond even reasonable linux users.
Trust me if you put a third party image on your box you will open up a whole new experience.

Victoriandad
27-10-2015, 10:29 AM
It will never work that way as the original image does not recognise the installation of an IPK file, you could manually add the files to the right locations and start it via telnet or edit the required script to enable it from start up.
All of that is beyond even reasonable linux users.
Trust me if you put a third party image on your box you will open up a whole new experience.

Ok point taken.

Last night I loaded the BH 2161 build and did a basic setup, i.e. scan the satellites and nothing else. I then copied the cccam230 ipk file and installed it using the BH interface. It seemed to work and performed a restart. BH does look nicer that the original.

I inserted the Tivusat card into the top card slot (not the cam slots) and tried some of the Italian Mediaset channels but no go, I looked at the Common Interface menu option but it's not clear if I should be seeing something here, just says "Slot 1", the other option for CI Assignment just declares that there are two slots and that they are both empty. I tried assigning Mediaset to Slot 1 but that didn't change anything.

I also did a bit of digging and I assume that I need to put something in the Cccam.cfg file to get this working, but I'm confused by what is there and I can't find a clear guide on what to do.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

echelon
27-10-2015, 10:53 AM
never tried your card but on my duo1 and solo2 you will find that the card slots may have the actual reader "upside down"

in other words, on some boxes the card goes in "chip down" and on other boxes its goes "chip up"

as you are new to this and have never tried doing this before, perhaps you have made the mistake of making assumptions, assuming the card goes in "chip down- chip underneath" and not considered that it may go "chip up - chip on top" ?

just a thought

not sure if you have to alter the cccam.cfg file for this actual task, but the usual reason people alter the cfg file is when using CS from the internet, which you are not doing. so unless there is a valid reason for altering the cfg file in order to make this work, leave it on its default settings unless told otherwise

before messing with the CCcam.cfg file, make a backup by ftp,ing it over to your laptop to a backups folder

Victoriandad
27-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Just tried that in both slots but no change. :(

In CI Assignment both Slots state that no module found, does this mean that the cam software is not running?

satfoot
27-10-2015, 01:12 PM
A friend has a similar card.
First he uses scam_3.60 to activate it and get a picture.
After about 30 seconds later he then switches to CCcam_2.30.
Works for him.

echelon
27-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Just tried that in both slots but no change. :(

In CI Assignment both Slots state that no module found, does this mean that the cam software is not running?

CI is Common Interface (or CAM iNTERFACE)

CI is referring to the slots where a cam would be inserted, nothing to do with the softcam emus like cccam, nor oscam , nor scam , nor any other software based cam , nothing to do with the cards or card slots either

Victoriandad
27-10-2015, 09:53 PM
A friend has a similar card.
First he uses scam_3.60 to activate it and get a picture.
After about 30 seconds later he then switches to CCcam_2.30.
Works for him.

Thanks for the response. Forgive the daft question but "after 30 seconds", is this every-time he switches channels or every-time the machine powers up. or one time only? This has to be wife friendly otherwise I'll be sticking the machine on ****, it hasn't turned out to be what I had hoped for, i.e. not as much faffing as this :(

sonic1
27-10-2015, 09:58 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161009-Vu-Plus-community-BH-oe2-emus-(2013)-(2014)&p=912638&viewfull=1#post912638

Try installing this, I can't remember but it may work

satfoot
27-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the response. Forgive the daft question but "after 30 seconds", is this every-time he switches channels or every-time the machine powers up. or one time only? This has to be wife friendly otherwise I'll be sticking the machine on ****, it hasn't turned out to be what I had hoped for, i.e. not as much faffing as this :(

First you install scam_3.60.
Then select scam_3.60 and go to a Tivusat channel to activate the card with scam_3.60.
This may take anything up to one minute or so until you get a picture which means that the card is now activated.
Once activated, then switch to CCcam_2.30 and leave it on CCcam_2.30 to enjoy whatever you have on CCcam including your Tivusat card.
Only if the Card needs re-activation need you go back briefly to scam_3.60.
The re-activation will not be required with every channel change or daily but only around once monthly.
Good luck m8.

Victoriandad
28-10-2015, 01:15 AM
First you install scam_3.60.
Then select scam_3.60 and go to a Tivusat channel to activate the card with scam_3.60.
This may take anything up to one minute or so until you get a picture which means that the card is now activated.
Once activated, then switch to CCcam_2.30 and leave it on CCcam_2.30 to enjoy whatever you have on CCcam including your Tivusat card.
Only if the Card needs re-activation need you go back briefly to scam_3.60.
The re-activation will not be required with every channel change or daily but only around once monthly.
Good luck m8.

Works perfectly, I get all the Italian channels I couldn't get before, thanks so much!