PDA

View Full Version : How do you hunt for feeds?

alhaurin
29-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Might sound like a stupid question but I don't think people sit there checking every single tp. What sort of gear do you guys use? With more & more clubs running live beambacks (specifically my own team Bradford City who are doing a live beamback from Colchester tonight) I'd like to start hunting myself :)

Mickha
29-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Some receivers have a blind scan option, it will scan all transponders, or those you set, to see if there are any channels to be found, so you just leave it running, and when you return check what it's found.
Of course some receivers are a lot quicker, than others, and some satellites are more popular, for feeds, which helps speed up the process.
For really serious feed hunting you might want to invest in a reasonable PC satellite card, so that you can use your PC, and get obscure channels, that most receivers can't find.
Of course you will also need a largish, motorized, satellite dish, unless you plan to have numerous fixed LNB's, or manually move it from 24.5W to 23.5E, and various other satellites.
Check the feeds section, and see which satellites are most likely to carry feeds, and see if the feed hunter lists his satellite equipment, in his profile.

digicon
29-09-2015, 01:39 PM
You would also scan only certaion Bands of a satellite for instance 10° east you dont blind scan the whole frequency spectrum as you would more than likely get bleed over from 9.0° east , so in this case you would scan 10700-11700 mhz spectrum the reason for this is 1. Most of the Feeds on this bird are in this frequency band and 2. 9.0° east does not use that part of the spectrum for channels on its satellite so no chance of any bleed over.

Some Satellites you would also only scan say either Vertical or Horizontal polarity as feeds again on some Birds only use 1 type of polarity.