PDA

View Full Version : Channel list php issue

santa
04-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Wondered if anyone out there has the answer as to why when downloading a channel list from Satpimps it always downloads in "php" file format and obviously is of no use.
Just tried again downloading Compasses file of the 18.6.15 but still downloads in php.
Have just found the file on a alternative forum and downloads perfectly ok.
Any help and or advice would be appreciated.

santa:respect-020:

Mickha
04-10-2015, 09:45 AM
If you'd tried a forum search you would discover numerous threads, on this subject.
The problem is your Internet browser, the easiest way is to use a different browser, like Firefox, Chrome, etc..

Aldo
04-10-2015, 10:34 AM
" Have just found the file on a alternative forum and downloads perfectly ok. "

If that is the case then why not use that one, as mickha has stated there are numerous posts/threads ref the same topic. and the problem is with your browser and not this forum.

TonyO
04-10-2015, 11:26 AM
I cant remember how I fixed this when I had this prob, I vaguely remember that if you just alter the extension to .zip instead of .php it will then unzip.

Change the settings in Internet Explorer to default usually rectifies the problem.

Aldo
04-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I cant remember how I fixed this when I had this prob, I vaguely remember that if you just alter the extension to .zip instead of .php it will then unzip.

Change the settings in Internet Explorer to default usually rectifies the problem.

Why does he need to do that when he has already stated:

Have just found the file on a alternative forum and downloads perfectly ok.

santa
04-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Aldo, I only asked the question out of general interest as to why Satpimps download happened to work in a different way to other forums and not help in me actually using the file in the receiver itself.
Think you may have interpreted my question in entirely the wrong sense but thanks for the trouble and time taken in your actual reply although it did not actually explain why one forum site would be any different to the other.
santa