PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with lnb

arns
23-10-2015, 09:05 PM
I will like to know if is possible use a twin lnb with a motorize dish,I don't need to use two receivers at once is only when i need to move my receiver to another room. Thanks

cosworth4x4
23-10-2015, 09:46 PM
how is the set up on the dish, 1 cable feeding the motor then dish.

1 cable to lnb then a second to motor (36v).

receiver / dish motor set up will help get you a better reply.

arns
24-10-2015, 04:18 PM
how is the set up on the dish, 1 cable feeding the motor then dish.

1 cable to lnb then a second to motor (36v).

receiver / dish motor set up will help get you a better reply.My motor is a Darkmotor, 1 cable feeding the motor then dish.

Mickha
24-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, but only one receiver will be able to control your motor, the one with the cable attached to the motor.
A Quad LNB would do the same, with the option of 4 outputs.

arns
24-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, but only one receiver will be able to control your motor, the one with the cable attached to the motor.
A Quad LNB would do the same, with the option of 4 outputs. Do i have to use a 2 way diseqc switch ?

cosworth4x4
24-10-2015, 06:45 PM
2 option's i can suggest .

1, no new lnb required get a splitter split it before motor then run 1 cable to each room , that will give you full control of the dish motor as well.

2 , leave existing cable as it is , run second direct from second feed on lnb.

first option be cheaper and will allow full control of the dish.

maybe others can give you other advise as well.

arns
24-10-2015, 07:09 PM
2 option's i can suggest .

1, no new lnb required get a splitter split it before motor then run 1 cable to each room , that will give you full control of the dish motor as well.

2 , leave existing cable as it is , run second direct from second feed on lnb.

first option be cheaper and will allow full control of the dish.

maybe others can give you other advise as well. Well the problem is that i have run the the cable under ground already and bought a twin lnb as well.

Mickha
24-10-2015, 07:13 PM
You only need diseqc swtches if using more than one LNB, if using one LNB, twin, or quad, the 2/4 outputs just require a cable, to the each receiver, or each tuner, if the receiver has more than one tuner.

cosworth4x4
24-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Well the problem is that i have run the the cable under ground already and bought a twin lnb as well.

ok you can still use the splitter from were the receiver is now , then run cable from 1st room to 2nd room.

so first option now sounds a lot easier .

echelon
24-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I have a twin lnb on my dish and use a darkmotor too

my main controlling living room box has a coax to the motor , then a short coax to one of the lnb sockets

the slave box in the bedroom has a coax going directly to the second lnb output

a quad could also be used to feed more boxes, with more direct cables

the main control sat box tells the motor where to go, no other box can do that

the other box or boxes can only see the channels on the satellite that the control box has pointed the dish at

so if the control box points the dish at 28 east, all the boxes can receive 28e channels like bbc and itv etc

cosworth4x4
24-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I have a twin lnb on my dish and use a darkmotor too

my main controlling living room box has a coax to the motor , then a short coax to one of the lnb sockets

the slave box in the bedroom has a coax going directly to the second lnb output

a quad could also be used to feed more boxes, with more direct cables

the main control sat box tells the motor where to go, no other box can do that

the other box or boxes can only see the channels on the satellite that the control box has pointed the dish at

so if the control box points the dish at 28 east, all the boxes can receive 28e channels like bbc and itv etc

If ive read it correct , he only has one sat receiver , he wants to move between rooms.

arns
24-10-2015, 08:17 PM
If ive read it correct , he only has one sat receiver , he wants to move between rooms.Yes cosworth4x4 that is what i would like to do,my dish is situated about 30 meters from my house on a garage wall.

cosworth4x4
24-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Yes cosworth4x4 that is what i would like to do,my dish is situated about 30 meters from my house on a garage wall.

so easiest option is going to be a splitter behind sat receiver in room 1, then cable from splitter to second room you will then have full control of the dish in both rooms.

if you decide to use the new lnb you will need to add a new cable from second feed on lnb to second room and no control of dish , it will be fixed on the last position you was on from room 1.

echelon
24-10-2015, 08:34 PM
I would add an A-B switch in the main room, then cable from A to the existing box position, and cable from B on the switch to the second box position in another room

then connect the box to A in the main room and the B cable in the second room, moving the main switch from A to B and back as required , the switches are about a fiver or so

so when the box is in the main room, the manual switch is on A

when the box is in say the Bedroom, the switch will be manually placed on B

arns
24-10-2015, 09:59 PM
I would add an A-B switch in the main room, then cable from A to the existing box position, and cable from B on the switch to the second box position in another room

then connect the box to A in the main room and the B cable in the second room, moving the main switch from A to B and back as required , the switches are about a fiver or so

so when the box is in the main room, the manual switch is on A
'm sorry if
when the box is in say the Bedroom, the switch will be manually placed on B I hope that I not confusing any one, but the cable i laid under ground is a twin cable as well,is a F-Splitter any good. Thanks again

echelon
24-10-2015, 10:27 PM
yes , you are confusing us because you dont appear to be saying exactly what you want to do

the trouble with F splitters is they usually dont have a dc path from both split points, this is important on sat boxes

if you have a twin cable from the lnb and motor to let us say the living room, you will have one in use and presumably one spare

use an F barrel on the spare, running coax from the living room to the bedroom or wherever

before disconnecting the box on the main feed, put the dish on the required satellite

then disconnect the box and take it to the bedroom and reconnect it to this secondary feed direct from the lnb

whilst its in the bedroom, the motor cannot operate and so you can only view the sat the dish is pointing at

it will operate correctly when moved back into the living room

for full control, use an A-B switch on the main feed as I said earlier

A is used for living room , B for Bedroom , this gives full control over the motor and dish and the second lnb feed remains unused