PDA

View Full Version : newbie DUO2 tuner question

oxtuggs
30-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Not sure if it's ok to post here, but I am unable to find the option to create a new post. I have just ordered a VU+ Duo2 and it comes with 1 x DVB-S2 tuner can someone tell me if this is sufficient to be able to watch one channel and record on a different channel such as with a Sky box. The Duo will have 2 feeds coming direct from a fixed dish basically the same set-up as a Sky box.

Thanks

Jimdefruit
30-10-2015, 02:08 PM
If the box only has a single tuner then you will only be able to watch one channel and record another channel on the same transponder. However that is highly unlikely because the Duo2 is fitted with a dual tuner as minimum and you will be able to watch one channel and record another channel on the same satellite.

gbmitie
30-10-2015, 04:36 PM
I would double check, the basic config for a genuine duo2 is 1 x twin tuner. Getting a single tuner for this box is a waste of money. Are you sure it is not a) cheap and b) a clone? check on our sponsor for the correct spec and a good price

oxtuggs
26-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the update guys I purchased it from Germany hence only a single tuner, so will be purchasing a new tuner for the box soon.

Nikkas
26-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the update guys I purchased it from Germany hence only a single tuner, so will be purchasing a new tuner for the box soon.

Be sure to check out the forum sponsor for a great deal when you do. :D

Aldo
26-11-2015, 07:48 PM

It will be interesting to see how your 2 purchase prices, compare with the single price from the forum sponsor.

Steve_W
27-11-2015, 09:19 AM
I can vouch for Goldwafers, excellent service...