PDA

View Full Version : Changed host and the wheels fell off

ianoli
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi guys just having one of those moments. Changed the host in my n line and it has stopped working.

Im running vix, mgcamd 1.35 is active and there where no issues before i changed it. I used dcc to edit the newcamd.list file on the box and when that did not work i tried notepad++ and ftp'd the file that way...nothing.

The guy i get it from advises the line is correct and all his other boxes have had no issues with the change of host.

my line looks like this: CWS = host.dddd.net 00000 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Im sure it is something daft but any help, pointers or ideas would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Ian.

seamouse
01-11-2015, 10:30 PM
well i gave out a host change to my users, example

N: olddns.website.xom to N:new.website.com
i told them all to reboot box and not one has a problem

download the file to pc and edit and make sure is 777 chmod
did he give u right host? or is he pulling legs
loads have been banned on dyndns

ianoli
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Hi Seamouse, the host is .ddns not .dydns? so I assume its ok although I dont know enough to say with any certainty. Changed the chmod to 777 with no luck. I edited my newcamd.list file on my pc and ftp'd it over but still nothing.

Cheers.

ianoli
02-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Anyone got any input on this?

Cheers.

Ian.

Mickha
02-11-2015, 09:02 PM
You could try CCcam, or Oscam, to see if the problem is with Mgcamd, but I personally suspect the problem might be with your provider, or that the line isn't correctly entered.
You could also try a test line, to see that your setup is working.

echelon
03-11-2015, 08:22 PM
also make sure the line with the listening port number has the same port number as the cws line (in case the port number changed)

I have deleted your last post as it breaks the rules and you have been notified about it privately