PDA

View Full Version : Cams - wrong image in flash and other queries VUDUO2

Robbo79
15-11-2015, 09:32 PM
A few problems

Guys when I press the blue button I get the message wrong image in flash. What has gone wrong and how do I fix this? I have a vu duo 2 which came with black hole and various other bits preloaded by Lee. After many months of it sitting unused due to lack of time and work commitments. I have finally started playing with the box and trying to get upto speed. Is this a quick fix or is it a start from scratch reflash the box and follow the sticky fix?

i feel comfortable to probably do this now.

if I need to do this how do I back up what I have currently first? and how to restore a back up.? I am currently watching a lot of the free german channels (trying to learn german) so i dont want to totally end up with nothing. Obviously i want to use the box to its full potential by utilising the other features.

also it is mentioned in the stickies about passwording the box. How do I do this.

Thanks for your help guys.

Still learning so please be patient. Hope to get there with your help.

echelon
15-11-2015, 10:07 PM
no idea what your error message is, sorry

so check the menu and look at the info and tell us what version of the BH image is in the flash ?

ftp in and backup your CCcam.cfg file located in var/etc

no idea what the "bits and pieces" will be but you may need to back them up too, depending what they are ?

to password the new image in the flash , you telnet in using VuCC and open a telnet session
type passwd and press return , put in your new password twice and its done

after that, when you ftp in , you need the username admin and the new password

I would note your usals settings if you have a motor, then start from scratch with maybe BH216 (or 215) and load in the latest catseye settings list, add your usals and then start installing cams like cccam v2.30 for BH (linked in the sticky threads)

backup the CCcam.cfg file the cccam installer installs, then ftp your old one in (if it contains any personal c lines or n lines)