PDA

View Full Version : Ares wizard script failed

Sim7alb
24-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Hi . I installed ares last night . Followed all the steps from : file manager/add source . Settings-add onns - install from zip file - ares- script.areswizard0.21.zip - ares addon enabled .... Than program addons - ares wizard - click on it and everything was there .... It was so late so I left as it was to finish it this morning . Buuuuttt this morning when I go to program addons adn select ares wizard the only thing I get is : script failed . Do you have any ideas at all please ? Merry Xmass to all .

Sandra
24-12-2015, 01:49 PM
When I installed it a couple of days back on a friends PC it gave me a message saying something like "If it said it needed dependencies to run both" but it installed OK just using the single script I clicked on but it did take a while to finish, longer than it did when I did it on my Amazon 4K Fire TV Box a few days earlier.

Sorry that I can not remember the exact message.

tlal05
27-12-2015, 09:10 PM
hi guys
had the same issue today and i had to keep trying it on all 3 of my devices (firestick fire tv and m8 box)
there is a new update on a build and everyone is trying to update it at the same time i finally got to install it after 5 hrs today

hope this helps

tlal05

seagate1
28-12-2015, 06:20 PM
i have just installed Ares wizard, just to see what the fuss is about, it tells you to install both modules if your having trouble with installation not had a good look but its a new 1 on me, already had 4 on windows 7 so 5 now im not digging out my x7 that as 4 on it if it still works.

yorike
29-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi Seagate 1, could you please explain what you mean by installing both modules I am new to this Kodi addons I have a Amazon fire stick and have tried for two days but got nowhere #I get into the Ares browser and select the the Spinkz and then install nothing happens and this is on all of them in the ares wizards.Could you please break it down for me to follow if it is not too much trouble for you and many thanks in advance

Sandra
29-12-2015, 12:43 PM
If you have got into the Ares Browser and then seen the list of builds starting with the Spintz TV Premium Lite at the top of the list as in this pic :

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-9ewpmLdTHqd2ZMVHM3Njc5V2M

Then you have installed KODI and the Ares Wizard OK.

Only select one of the builds and then click go right and click on Install then go back to the main KODI home page and you should have plenty of stuff available to watch which you can then add to later as you find more addons and repos.

Are you using just the remote that came with your Fire Stick as you may need either an "Air Mouse" on your Bluetooth phone or tablet to fully control it or a Bluetooth keyboard and touchpad as the remote is a bit limited in what it can do when not using the Amazon apps.

yorike
30-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Hi Sandra,
I have done as above but when I hit the browse build button I get nothing at all. I have reinstall a fresh 15,2 kodi and gone through the guide still nothing but thanks for your reply

Sandra
30-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems as once you have got there it should have worked.

Got me stumped I am afraid :confused:

seagate1
31-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Hi Seagate 1, could you please explain what you mean by installing both modules I am new to this Kodi addons I have a Amazon fire stick and have tried for two days but got nowhere #I get into the Ares browser and select the the Spinkz and then install nothing happens and this is on all of them in the ares wizards.Could you please break it down for me to follow if it is not too much trouble for you and many thanks in advance

hello yorike sorry for late reply. in the zip file of areswizard, you have the wizard its self and a read me, and it tells you if you are struggling with the install please install both modules they are above the wizard file, but like i said ive only put it on windows 7, i think i will dig the x7 out and have a look on there thank you.

seagate1
31-12-2015, 09:18 AM
hello yorike sorry for late reply. in the zip file of areswizard, you have the wizard its self and a read me, and it tells you if you are struggling with the install please install both modules they are above the wizard file, but like i said ive only put it on windows 7, i think i will dig the x7 out and have a look on there thank you.

@yorike ive just installed areswizard on my neoZ64 windows 10 minix box with kodi 16 beta4 like this.

-http://www.areswizard.co.uk/zip/ (press done)
then areswizard press (done)
now go to addons install from zip the you should have in this order

modules
notices-if you get dependencies not met install both modules
script.areswizard0.021.zip install that first that will land in programmes run it ive just installed spinztv.
then the 2 modules, when you put the source in dont put - that in front areswizard zip.
hope that helps you.

PS DONT USE KODI 16 BETA4. ive at to go back to 15.2. thank you.

yorike
05-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Hi Seagate,
I am using Amazon firestick and believe me I have done both modules and reinstalled 10 times still no joy the areswizard comes up and then select the addon I want and then install and nothing happens but I went down to the other addon and presto it started to download Spinz and Chrisb no go but thanks you for your help

seagate1
05-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi Seagate,
I am using Amazon firestick and believe me I have done both modules and reinstalled 10 times still no joy the areswizard comes up and then select the addon I want and then install and nothing happens but I went down to the other addon and presto it started to download Spinz and Chrisb no go but thanks you for your help

ive never used firestick but i have put it on noe z64 windows and now my minix x7 all worked, may i suggest your friend g o o g l e, im sure it will take you to that tube thank you.