PDA

View Full Version : Playing Mpg 4 from USB on Spiderbox HD9000

Rakewell
02-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Hi all! Happy New Year!

I'm new to the forum and trying to help my Dad out with his Spiderbox. He downloaded an Old Mother Riley film from an open archive in an Mpg4 format which plays fine on his PC but won't play on the Spiderbox from a USB ( no problems accessing the USB drive or opening other files). There is a message which comes up saying 'this will be supported later' when you try to open the file from the USB. The manual for the HD9000 says it supports mpg4 and I was wondering if this needs a firmware update or maybe I need to enable a menu function to allow the playing of this file type? Any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Good wishes to all.

Bruce

echelon
02-01-2016, 07:04 PM
I doubt you will get it to work

april 2012 was the last official patch for that box

if you read post #2 in here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?130612-Setting-up-your-SpiderBox-Setup-amp-Installation-Guide it was certain AVI files the box supported, so I dont think MP4 will work, perhaps you can convert the MP4 to the avi format mentioned on a pc or laptop and maybe then it will work on the spiderbox ?

otherwise I would suggest using a more modern box or some other box like a dvd player or android box like the mx2, one that will play various file formats to play the file

some modern tv,s will also perform this trick playing files from usb sticks too, as will a spiderbox 6000 (the latest one)