PDA

View Full Version : Kodi / Wookie and WSS!!!

captainglassback
21-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Hello Folks. Have almost run out of patience with Kodi / Wookie / The Beast for reliable live sport. Still good fun though! Credit to UK Turk too for a good effort currently. I'm not sure whether dead add-ons are due to duff add-ons or ISP blocking to be fair. (Films etc across the Wookie and Beast look amazingly reliable but that is not for me). Just found WSS as an alternative for live sport. So far it is amazing. (Only tried on a Nexus 7 so far). (Note this is an alternative to Kodi so your Kodi stays intact while you go off for a look at WSS). Get past pop ups, ads and pay options for HD and ... wow!!! I got into it via you this you tube chap..... _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDiU20YDkI

cannydo
21-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Just watched the video m8 I presume you have this up and running and working so what's it like?? If all is well I will have a go at this for young kid I know.

squiddo
21-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Addons come and go.
Try zem for sport. It's in the Shani repository which is in fusion and then international
Or try stael in Phoenix

cannydo
21-01-2016, 10:56 AM
I can vouch for captainglassback app worked a treat on MyGica 1200 I'm going to see if it's possible to install on a lappy for kid.

williamtell
21-01-2016, 02:18 PM
just got the mygica582 off lee and although off to a slow start i,m learning throughout the menu and the new tbbuild it can be a bit ***bersome but its a learning curve so to speak

welshpaddy
22-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Hello Folks. Have almost run out of patience with Kodi / Wookie / The Beast for reliable live sport. Still good fun though! Credit to UK Turk too for a good effort currently. I'm not sure whether dead add-ons are due to duff add-ons or ISP blocking to be fair. (Films etc across the Wookie and Beast look amazingly reliable but that is not for me). Just found WSS as an alternative for live sport. So far it is amazing. (Only tried on a Nexus 7 so far). (Note this is an alternative to Kodi so your Kodi stays intact while you go off for a look at WSS). Get past pop ups, ads and pay options for HD and ... wow!!! I got into it via you this you tube chap..... _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDiU20YDkI can you download the premium app for hd channels and how much does it cost

captainglassback
22-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Sorry don't know anything about the pay options for HD as am delighted with SD performance on a 7" tablet. Incredibly stable performance so far!

welshpaddy
22-01-2016, 08:16 PM
more channels with the hd option especially being sports

captainglassback
24-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Update! This WSS still amazes me on a Nexus 7. With hindsight don't think that you need to download that aptoid stuff. I have now put it on 2 android stbs. I downloaded the mx player apk plus the codec apk for it referred to on youtube and then the WSS 1.4 apk via a PC to usb stick. Stuck it in both boxes and loaded the apps. Unfortunately the ads are a nightmare to get past on the 2 stbs presumably due to the limitations of the remotes and my mini keyboard. Once you are past the ads, if ever you do get past them, then the service is amazing! Really only of interest to sport folk though there are a handful of non sport channels. There are HD channs there but if you want the HD versions of 'those sport channs that folk seem to particularly seek out' then it looks like a pay job.

welshpaddy
24-01-2016, 09:31 PM
im using a wireless mouse on my android set top box got rid of the remote and mini keyboard far easier

oaktye
24-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Very similar to the mobdro app but you need a flymouse to navigate your way round, pity that adblock dont work. Also if you scroll down to the 1- 30 channels some are hd quite good on my fire tv box

welshpaddy
30-01-2016, 04:50 PM
problem with wss channels today can open channels momentarily but then they close again

welshpaddy
30-01-2016, 05:36 PM
seems ok now
problem with wss channels today can open channels momentarily but then they close again

captainglassback
30-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Having a few minor glitches, (WSS), tonight with the late spanish football.....so gone over to Mobdro, (very, very many thanks oaktye post #11 above), and all is fine! BeIn1HD

welshpaddy
31-01-2016, 11:19 AM
i was also having problems with wss but there was an update for it seems alright after update