PDA

View Full Version : Echostar 3000ip timer

pibip98
22-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Not a major problem just an inconvenience really. Whenever the receiver is turned off at the wall, the time needs resetting. Is this the way it's supposed to be? All other settings stay in memory it seems :) Many thanks

luis88
22-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Well it's quite a while since mine was last in use but I think that is how it's meant to be. I think that the other settings are stored in a sort of non volatile memory so that it remembers them when the power is removed.
It was a superb bit of kit in it's today, I guess that you use it as a positioner now?

williamtell
22-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Yeah I have one of those in the garage might have a play this year?

pibip98
22-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. I use it as main box and it's done a job the past few months. Looking to upgrade with help from the sponsor etc. Limited knowledge slows that process with me and would prefer to get rid of it and use one box for everything. Not sure yet if any new boxes can move my dish as well as receive etc which this good ole thing does. I don't want to go mad cost wise as satellites not used as much as it used to be but will sort something soon I hope.

captainglassback
22-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm like you pibip98. The trusty 3000ip moves the 1.2 Channel Master daily and for more years than I care to remember!! Mine is same. It loses time / date / year every time powered off but then I never power completely off, (apart from power cuts!).

williamtell
24-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Still on 36v here driving dish with topfield 500cip then changing input for spider to do it's job/ not sure how much longer tho?

joilet666
30-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Not a major problem just an inconvenience really. Whenever the receiver is turned off at the wall, the time needs resetting. Is this the way it's supposed to be? All other settings stay in memory it seems :) Many thanks

Phil, PM me your e-mail address RE - US TV etc. I can't reply as I don't have 15 or more posts. Sorry. I've written you a response but the forum rules prevented me from replying. I have some interesting solutions for your requirements.