PDA

View Full Version : Sickly MSCAM

TonyO
29-01-2016, 11:53 AM
My brother and another mate reported that MScam had a very good weekend (13 - 14.02.16) and is working a lot better now, that's very good news for recent buyers.

(previous post)
MSCAM has had a very indifferant week so far, today's worse with nothing opening so far, its up and down like a yoyo, IK$ is still rock solid here on my old box.

johnhenry
29-01-2016, 12:10 PM
I think it was reported recently that mscam was having a work carried out and will be up and down for a while, think it might have been in the Hitech thread!

johnhenry
29-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Yes it was #44

satwyn
29-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes it was #44lets hope there's a cure it's been a long illness need some strong medicine i think looks like blockage

TonyO
29-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Back working again now at 1415pm Fri

satwyn
29-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Back working again now at 1415pm Fristill black screen here

hosemaria
01-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Working on My Spider 6000.. Mini Spider1000s and HitecBox too.

tinto de verano
02-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Hi guys,
Could you please confirm if mscam is now working OK on Spiderbox HD6000?
After praising how good it had been so far... it has been scrambling very often lately.
I thought it was the announced maintenance, then the high winds. Now there is no wind but it keeps scrambling every 5 minutes or so.
Thanks for your help.
tinto de verano

Added later: And of course, now as soon as I change to the SD version of the same channel... it works seamlessly.

Added 2 days later: no, not very stable, not even on SD channels. Scrambling too often. I would like to know if somebody else is having problems. Has the maintenance been completed? In the meantime I will check the cable, but before I call a technician to align the dish... it would be nice to know if mscam is stablefor other people or not. Thanks.

Jock Scot
06-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Hi there. Mscam very sickly indeed, have reloaded firmware, software, channel lists, softcam, checked dish alignment, but nothing helps.
Sometimes OK for a few hours, then intermitant again. quite frustrating.

satwyn
06-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi there. Mscam very sickly indeed, have reloaded firmware, software, channel lists, softcam, checked dish alignment, but nothing helps.
Sometimes OK for a few hours, then intermitant again. quite frustrating.same here across all sats luckily i have a backup so if buying only for mscam forget it and look elsewhere

santa
14-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Already have a 6000 running IKS and everything fine. Have just purchased a brand new 6000 loaded latest Mscam patch and failing to connect after inserting the eight 1 combination.
Will try loading iks and the eight zeros sometime.

satpaul
14-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Already have a 6000 running IKS and everything fine. Have just purchased a brand new 6000 loaded latest Mscam patch and failing to connect after inserting the eight 1 combination.
Will try loading iks and the eight zeros sometime.

Had the same problem Friday with a new Spiderbox 6000 is there a problem with the new boxes connecting to mscam got login failed with all 1's

Aldo
14-02-2016, 02:14 PM
The login should work with 11-11-11-11, at least it did for me.

satpaul
14-02-2016, 02:32 PM
It failed for me Friday on a new box all 1's like I said

santa
14-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Satpaul, tried myself also on Friday too and failed just like yourself but am not at the address where the new box is at the moment.
I will like I said try the iks route when I get back if no connection in the next week or so.
Have posted on Vas**s but no real help there at the minute.

Aldo
14-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Had the same problem Friday with a new Spiderbox 6000 is there a problem with the new boxes connecting to mscam got login failed with all 1's

Could you please say which of the 2 patches it was that you installed, and follow blackdevil's instructions posted here:

Spiderbox/Smartbox HD6000 Patch 19/10/2015

IKS users must use IKS patch
MsCam users must use MsCam patch

Improvements :
Reboot issue from standby fixed (in MsCam patch)
Youtube updated
Youp*rn updated
Red*ube updated

Instructions :
First save your channel list
Go to Network settings & select wired option
Go to Network-Ser*er Setup & turn CCcam, Newcamd lines to off (if you have any)
Load patch
Load your channel list, etc.

hosemaria
15-02-2016, 04:06 AM

There is no problem...with them but some boxes has no mscam in...

they are two options or in s/w or request code from buyers.

satpaul
16-02-2016, 03:48 PM
yes have tested 3 new batch this year all no mscam login fail

satwyn
16-02-2016, 05:02 PM
yes have tested 3 new batch this year all no mscam login failcould try the 1st mscam patch

Unionbass
16-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Santa. I loaded the first patch on one box and everything was fine. Updated with second patch later. I loaded the second patch on another box and log in failed. However, when I loaded the first patch first all worked fine. So I would suggest loading the first patch first, register, and then load the second patch after. Rgds Unionbass

santa
16-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Unionbass, have already tried loading mscam patches 07/23/15 and 19/10/15 and neither connecting after following the usual patching procedure.
Brand new box still in cellophane. Never had problems in the past with iks so probably made a mistake this time in this purchase. We live and learn.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
santa

satwyn
17-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Santa. I loaded the first patch on one box and everything was fine. Updated with second patch later. I loaded the second patch on another box and log in failed. However, when I loaded the first patch first all worked fine. So I would suggest loading the first patch first, register, and then load the second patch after. Rgds Unionbassyes same here but all ok now

TonyO
17-02-2016, 08:55 AM
My brother and a friend of mine as well as me are using the first released patch as well, its opens quicker and clears more channels, it has some quirks in the menus and also can lock up or reboot sometimes but its still better than the latest one.

Tano
17-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Yes you right it's beter than latest one

cutain
20-02-2016, 09:05 PM
not clearing for me the last 2 days I thought there might be a new patch but its still 19-10-2015.

I find ms patch is more trouble some than with iks but iks is not available on older boxes?
is there a remedy

TonyO
20-02-2016, 09:19 PM
IK$ is available for older boxes, I just signed up for another year just two weeks ago.

Aldo
20-02-2016, 09:45 PM
" I find ms patch is more trouble some than with iks but iks is not available on older boxes? is there a remedy "

IKS is still available from the V a s i k s forum, however there is an annual subscription to be paid to get those channels, and you would have to join that forum to get a subscription.

satpaul
21-02-2016, 11:03 AM
All new Spiderbox 6000's are now like the Hitechbox HB9000 you need separate keys for mscam
Got emailed mine

Mobley2
21-02-2016, 11:14 AM
IKS was dreadful yesterday, on my Spider 9000, constant glitching every couple of seconds on 13E.( Eurosport)
Took until mid afternoon to settle down, so maybe there was something going on. Stable this morning

regards mobley2

satwyn
21-02-2016, 12:12 PM
IKS was dreadful yesterday, on my Spider 9000, constant glitching every couple of seconds on 13E.( Eurosport)
Took until mid afternoon to settle down, so maybe there was something going on. Stable this morning

regards mobley2it's still glitching constantly i'm starting to develop a squint

cutain
21-02-2016, 07:50 PM
mine cleared on mscam last night but today it clears for a while then scrambles again,

I did join vasics but if I recall had a fornight to become a premium member,this is a while back though.

what I cannot find is the section for files c lists/firmware that used to be at bottom of spiderbox section.

my box is November 2015 from gw, I want to try the earlier ms patch to see if I get more chaanels as mentioned in this thread

Aldo
21-02-2016, 08:31 PM
" what I cannot find is the section for files c lists/firmware that used to be at bottom of spiderbox section. "

Have you tried here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?574-Files

cutain
26-02-2016, 07:02 PM
thanks aldo exited forum and logon on again files appeared

santa
01-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Unionbass, have already tried this avenue but still no luck and others ways besides.

I know a little off topic but your username has connections for me. Union and Bass that is.
Wondered if it had any connection with drinking beer perhaps.
Cheers for the reply and help in trying to work things out but to be honest with you have more or less given up on the mscam soft.

santa

tinto de verano
25-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Hi.
I would like to ask you what is your current experience with the old Spiderbox HD6000 and MSCAM.
For me, it keeps scrambling every 5 minutes... or every 10 minutes, not stable.
It has been like that for a long time.
By the way, is MSCAM more stable on the new HitechBox HB9000? I might consider getting one to replace the Spiderbox HD6000 even if I still have some 9 months worth of MSCAM... but if it is not more stable...
Thanks for your feedback.
tinto de verano

TonyO
26-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Most spiders work better with Ethernet, wifi seems more open to interference.

tinto de verano
26-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Hi Tonyo,
Using Ethernet (PowerLine), not WiFi.
Some time ago, with gift, IKS and MCSAM it was perfect.
Thanks.
tinto de verano

blackdevil
26-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Probably your problem is the powerline.
Try without powerline or put powerline to one socket and not in multiple sockets (if you have it like this way).

tinto de verano
27-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Hi blackdevil.
Ok,so mscam is working fine. That is what I needed to know.
I will try changing sockets, only one, for powerline.
Thanks.
tinto de verano

jbvid
27-03-2016, 08:37 AM
@tinto de verano
If same, another way to check problem is to move Spiderbox close to your Router and plug in direct with network cable (just for testing)
jb

tinto de verano
27-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks jbvid.
The important thing is that you and blackdevil seem to confirm that mscam is currently working fine.
I will now try to test and fix at my end.
Thanks.
tinto de verano

echelon
27-03-2016, 10:20 AM
@tinto de verano
If same, another way to check problem is to move Spiderbox close to your Router and plug in direct with network cable (just for testing)
jb

or another way is buy a 20 or 30 metre ethernet cable from the *uct*on site (cheap on there) and run it over the carpet in order to temporarily test it wired

I have run ethernet cable (cat 5) to my rooms and use lan splitters where necessary (or direct to the gadget) , leaving only portable laptops, mobile phones and tablets etc using wireless access , I did have some sort of powerline once but had some issues at the time (no idea what they were) - wired is always best

I look at wifi as being ok for using browsers, email checking and similar tasks where its not critical as far as any lags or ecm constraints etc

until it has been tested "wired" then to me its not been "tested" and no conclusions should be drawn when using wifi or powerlines until you have a definitive "wired" test as the baseline test