PDA

View Full Version : Vu+duo2 Crashing

markinstien
30-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi any pointers would be appreciate,had my box now a couple of months and after the usual steep learning curve got it up and running Picons installed,Favourites sorted however it froze and required re flashing (black hole ) however since putting a new image on every time I start configuring Picons and layout for lcd panel, box freezes crashes, is it essential these are loaded onto memory/USB stick,am I filling up my vi+duo2's memory and killing the box myself?

Mickha
30-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Try running your receiver using just a clean installation, of your preferred image, don't even load any back up, or channel list, instead do a scan.
If the receiver works normally then you know the problem must lie with something you've downloaded, or added, quite often problems occur with incompatible software, including differing EPG's.
If you think the problem involves your USB stick, with your stored Picons, then I would try a different one. I find the cheaper, smaller, USB sticks always seem to work, I tend to use a Toshiba 8GB, and 16GB, bought for a couple of pounds, as they have always worked, so far.

mrdude
30-01-2016, 08:49 PM
The reason it crashes when messing with the LCD is due to the skin, these are the culprits:

(You most likely have an incompatible skin_user file)

/etc/tuxbox/enigma2/lcdconfig
/etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml

I recommend editing your lcd via your web browser (on your pc) using this address:

http://192.168.1.240/lcd4linux/config

Change - 192.168.1.240 - to your own stb Ip address,

Delete - skin_user.xml or get one compatible for your skin (it should stop your box crashing).

Also post the size of the picons your skin uses and I will make an up to date picons ipk file that will install to usb.