PDA

View Full Version : what is the best mouse to buy for a firestick (remote mouse difficult)

paulupton123
07-02-2016, 07:35 PM
i have recently purchased a ' REMOTE MOUSE ' for my I phone to work the firestik but it is not easy to use ,,is there any hardware that I could purchase that would / could operate the firestik and would be easy to use just as a normal mouse is say on my laptop that I plug in via a usb hub .. I find touchscreen mouses like the ones built in laptops etc and like the one I purchased ( the remote mouse ) very difficult to use
thnx

Sandra
08-02-2016, 03:24 AM
As you have the stick and not the box you do not have a USB port so you need a Bluetooth mouse not an RF one.

I bought the RF version of this one from **** for just under £8 that said it was Bluetooth but it was the RF version using a dongle, as I had the box and not the stick it worked OK but after contacting the seller and explaining he had described it wrong I returned it and got my money back.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rii-Bluetooth-Rechargable-comfortable-Black/dp/B010WMB6DK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1454897767&sr=1-1

The keyboard is handy for searching for content and it makes it easier for installing repositories and the touchpad worked OK for the mouse part but I tend to use the original remote for most mouse work in KODI and only really use the touchpad part for stand alone apps that need an air mouse to select them.

paulupton123
08-02-2016, 09:05 AM
As you have the stick and not the box you do not have a USB port so you need a Bluetooth mouse not an RF one.

I bought the RF version of this one from **** for just under £8 that said it was Bluetooth but it was the RF version using a dongle, as I had the box and not the stick it worked OK but after contacting the seller and explaining he had described it wrong I returned it and got my money back.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rii-Bluetooth-Rechargable-comfortable-Black/dp/B010WMB6DK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1454897767&sr=1-1

The keyboard is handy for searching for content and it makes it easier for installing repositories and the touchpad worked OK for the mouse part but I tend to use the original remote for most mouse work in KODI and only really use the touchpad part for stand alone apps that need an air mouse to select them.
thank you for your reply
but am I right in thinking there is nothing I can do unless I change my stick to a box ???( and I do not know what a box is// i'm guessing it is a different version of a firestick ?? is this right Sandra ?

oaktye
08-02-2016, 01:26 PM
I do believe the apple magic mouse works with the firestick ! Look on youtube

Sandra
08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Hi Paul the box is the Amazon 4K Fire TV Box that has a faster CPU and more RAM plus it has a USB port and also a micro SD card slot that can take up to a 128GB card and has the voice operated remote.

Unfortunately they usually retail for around £79.99 but John Lewis has them on sale for £64.99 at the moment.