PDA

View Full Version : Away

Russell1
22-02-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm going away on holiday tomorrow for nearly a month, so I will not be able to post any of the v965 maps which are just starting to be released, but there are no me tas files available for them yet. I will try to post them when I get back unless any one else can help out with any of them.

mrdude
22-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Do people still use tom toms and satnavs? I mean since all that stuff is available for phones and tablets I can't see the need for dedicated satnav hardware?

However, many thanks.

sparky_dog
22-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Surprising how many still use stand alone units, I just recently updated a couple for friends.

I like TomTom, still use it on Android.

holmroad
23-02-2016, 12:31 AM
I love my Tom Tom Start 25 standalone device as my MAIN satnav device, it attaches very conveniently to my windscreen and is very clear displaywise and volume when Serena is telling me where to go, etc!
However, I don't take my TT every time and therefore my mobile, which is always with me, provides a great 'back-up' as and when!
So thanks again Russell!

johnhenry
23-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Yes holmroad I find her voice is quiet, and a pleasing sound, and she has never sent me the wrong way. Only problem I find with the Tom Tom is fitting the screen to that silly adaptor that sticks to the window, because my screen is angled it is difficult to fit when close to the top of the dashboard. The police camera warning certainly needs to be on, as they are putting up a lot of new digital camera's here in Norfolk. Two new one's in the last two weeks, one on a road I use frequently.

dog-man
23-02-2016, 02:34 PM
I still use my old original Tom Tom Go 300.

I update it on a regular basis and it never lets me down.
I won't buy a new one until this one packs up totally. It's only used for long journeys or to somewhere I have no knowledge of.
For unexpected needs for directions, I use my phone.

rickt
23-02-2016, 08:05 PM
I still use mine too ,I have 2 Navigo's 4.3" and 3" screens and use the files from Russell1.

Have a good holiday and take your satnav .......................dont get lost ,we need you here !

traveller
23-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Do people still use tom toms and satnavs? I mean since all that stuff is available for phones and tablets I can't see the need for dedicated satnav hardware?

However, many thanks.

I have had a TT 1005 for the last three years and why throw away a 5 inch display device which has the best live traffic. When it dies then I will go for the mobile route ( good joke, maybe ).