PDA

View Full Version : problem with 6000 hd

mdaniels47
28-02-2016, 08:35 AM
My spiderbox 6000 hd just keeps turning itself on and off all the time,Has anyone had this happen to them

jbvid
28-02-2016, 10:02 AM
My spiderbox 6000 hd just keeps turning itself on and off all the time,Has anyone had this happen to them
Hi
This used to happen with a very early patch. Do you have the latest patch loaded? and how many channels installed?
Save your channel list, repatch with latest patch and try one of the premade channel lists in case yours is overloaded (max 6000).
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD
jb

echelon
28-02-2016, 11:23 AM
also disconnect the coax lead from the lnb at the back of the spiderbox and see if the problem disappears, if it does you have a fault on your cable (damp or short circuit)

but as mentioned above, check you have the latest patch on the box checking the date in system info

plus make sure your tv and radio lists dont add up to 6000 or more, ideally stay below 5500 IN TOTAL

mdaniels47
28-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys, but it won't power up long enough to be able to do anything,I have disconnected all cables but still goes on and off all the time

jbvid
28-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, but it won't power up long enough to be able to do anything,I have disconnected all cables but still goes on and off all the time
Hi
Looks like you need to take the Recovery route
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000.
jb

mdaniels47
28-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi
Thanks jbvid but none of the files for the hyperterminal seem to be available any more

jbvid
28-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Hi
Thanks jbvid but none of the files for the hyperterminal seem to be available any more
Hi
Just tried them myself, downloaded ok. Bottom of the listing 2 attached zip files in the attached thumbnails box.
jb

mdaniels47
28-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Hi jbvid

I managed to download it.and then opened it,but it seems its set up for a modem system i have got cable internet,is there any way i can still run it

jbvid
28-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Hi jbvid

I managed to download it.and then opened it,but it seems its set up for a modem system i have got cable internet,is there any way i can still run it
Hi
No, you need to download, print out, read and study all the instructions in the links provided, and yes it is setup ONLY for RS232 cable connection transfer between PC and Spiderbox HD6000.
jb

echelon
28-02-2016, 05:13 PM
your internet connection is irrelevant

the repair options uses a cable between a pc and the box, all explained in the instructions contained with the download

so no usb, no internet , no ethernet , nothing other than what the repair instructions tell you, which is to use the files provided and your own self-supplied cable , the same way we used to program boxes many years ago

dougtheprinter
23-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

I have a similar problem as my Spider 6000hd wont turn on, just a red light, do you think I can recover this the same as above? has anyone had success using a RS232 / USB adapter to repair as my computer no longer has a 232 port.

Thanks in advance, keep up the great work.

Doug

jbvid
23-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

I have a similar problem as my Spider 6000hd wont turn on, just a red light, do you think I can recover this the same as above? has anyone had success using a RS232 / USB adapter to repair as my computer no longer has a 232 port.

Thanks in advance, keep up the great work.

Doug
Hi
Try echelon's post #3 first, then if same use the recovery tool, I wouldn't recommend or guarantee any sucess with with any of the USB adaptors but I will leave that question open in case someone has used one sucessfully (you will need the correct name/make) as there are many different types of adaptors some of which may or may not work.
jb

dougtheprinter
23-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I cant even get into the box to see how many channels etc are on it so it looks like the reset option.

Aldo
23-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I cant even get into the box to see how many channels etc are on it so it looks like the reset option.

Please Read the following threads:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000

and this one:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158068-Com-port-setup