PDA

View Full Version : New project - install motorised dish

Burnham
07-03-2016, 03:10 PM
I need to install a motorised dish in another place. I have a spare 1m Lenson Heath dish with polar mount and a spare jack motor. Have put up similar sysems many times - so I know the steps.

But I don't have a spare vBox - and a new vBox will cost the same as a new DiSEqC motor. So I am considering getting a DiSEqC motor - that's new area for me and I have some questions.

First consideration is the weight of the 1m Lenson Heath dish which is 6kg. The specs of the DiSEqC motors say they will take up to 20kg - seems to be a good margin - any comments?

Secondly what make/model of DiSEqC motor do people recommend. Sponsors have all the well known makes in stock.

Mobley2
07-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Do not see it as a problem, I used a Lenson Heath 1Mtr dish for years on a Stab motor, the only reason I am not still
using it is because the arm rusted through where it went under the dish. I have been using the Darkmotor Supreme for
about 2-3 years now without problem, it is more than capable of handling the dish. I would recommend it, and the price
is surely a bargain.

regards mobley2.

jallen01
07-03-2016, 08:49 PM
I think there are a few Darkmotors going quite cheap on that place .co.uk today.

Aldo
07-03-2016, 09:12 PM
I think there are a few Darkmotors going quite cheap on that place .co.uk today.

There also many members of this forum who like to use goldwafers as they are our forum sponsors.