PDA

View Full Version : need for speed/

Learning
08-03-2016, 05:12 PM
I can see a speed indicator thats telling me the kb/s are up and down faster than a *****s drawers since im on vermins alleged 70 mb/s tho never had more than 20mb/s is the speed I see the pushed speed to my receiver from the stream

I should add i am seeing between 30 kb/s to 160 kb/s on most streams

whompus
08-03-2016, 05:23 PM
There are too many variables, how many things are sharing your local network and whether wired or wireless, how many people are sharing the link to your exchange 50:1 or 100:1 ratio etc depending on ISP , how many people are sharing the stream and where the stream is on the planet.

Learning
08-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I know iptv can work as blackdevils server shows but the urls I have had shots at have not been something I could reccomend to a mate
I have vm box on my doorstep two miles from exchange one tab and a laptop sharing the alleged 70mb watching a portugese sports prog dropping out every three or four secs purely for educational purposes of course

whompus
08-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Can we assume Kodi is used for educational purposes, if so have you set the cache settings advancedsettings.xml

Learning
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
No m8 im using a box that has a web tv facility and at the mo im watching a mexican provider showing a studio ghibli film averaging 45 kb/s without a drop out for half an hour. I guess its the nature of the beast. Havent a clue what they are saying mind. I dont have a prob with Kodi I know about cache etc . Thanks for your input it was not knowing the upper level needed for a stable pic but this example on here now which is fluctuating between 22 and 88 kb/s but been stable so far against a site i was on earlier that came in at 136 kb/s but kept dropping out every few secs shows it probaby is just the many variables that makes all the difference

Mobley2
09-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Maybe worth trying a test on Speedtest.net, if you have not already done so, also do Pingtest.net
for a better idea of what you are getting.

regards mobley2