PDA

View Full Version : How to store satellites and use my hdd

cricketbattony
17-03-2016, 02:05 PM
good afternoon all friends

i would like to know how to put new/store satellites on my box ,currently i am using my sly fixed dish with my vu duo2 and would now like to get the box setup on to
my motorised dish.the motorised dish was used with a spider box 9000hd using BillyBits channel list and everything works great the dish moves to the correct satellites on Disqec not usals.
i would like to use my spiderbox on my fixed dish.

i am using a VIX image on my duo which i am very happy with cos it is so user friendly for a bonehead like me,hence my next request of help how to setup my hdd and how to record it is a fitted 1tb from our sponsors

thank you for all previous help

cricketbattony

echelon
17-03-2016, 03:29 PM
the easiest method of setting up a vu is to follow the NUMPTIES guide which is a sticky thread, to download and use the latest catseye list from the E2 SETTINGS forum here on pimps, choosing the list you require depending on the satellites you wish to view , then following the setup procedure depending if its a fixed dish or motorised setup

you mentioned a duo , this is the duo 2 forum, not the duo forum, but the principles are the same anyway , so you probably use lnb 1 input for the motor and lnb 2 input for a fixed sly dish , choosing the correct details in system setup for each of the 2 tuners , where tuner 1 is simple - motorised and tuner 2 is simple - single satellite 28.2e

the sticky threads do explain these things, so not sure why you have not read them ? especially the DUMMIES GUIDE sticky thread

your hdd may need mounting , formatting and choosing as the destination for recordings (so hdd/movies is probably the folder it may be set to)