PDA

View Full Version : Problems with factory settings

mdaniels47
25-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Help needed

Iv'e just done a factory reset,But when i try to do an automatic sat scan, It comes up with a box the reads no sat,any ideas.I have done this before and it just resets itself,why not this time.

Thanks

Mike

Aldo
25-03-2016, 11:09 AM
It would appear that you have No Sats positions saved:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

Now to scan, Goto Menu / Automatic Sat Scan scroll down to ‘Scan select’ and change to ‘All Sat’, thats it, go get a coffee while it scans.

mdaniels47
25-03-2016, 11:21 AM
That's what i would normally do,but after doing factory reset,all i get is a screen on all sat sections.displaying No sat,
So i have no idea

Aldo
25-03-2016, 12:07 PM
That's what i would normally do,but after doing factory reset,all i get is a screen on all sat sections.displaying No sat,
So i have no idea

Normally you would have been advised to save your channel list before you did a factory reset, have you tried installing the latest patch and a channel list, that is if you did not save your own.

mdaniels47
25-03-2016, 12:25 PM
I had a problem with green light and red light on and off syndrome,As i do not have an old pc i had to get my local sat shop to use the recovery tool,he sorted it ,but i wanted to reinstall hotbird and astra 1
this is when i did a factory reset to start from scratch

Aldo
25-03-2016, 12:51 PM
I had a problem with green light and red light on and off syndrome,As i do not have an old pc i had to get my local sat shop to use the recovery tool,he sorted it ,but i wanted to reinstall hotbird and astra 1
this is when i did a factory reset to start from scratch

You did not answer the question that I asked you, surely after you got the receiver from the shop all you had to do was install the latest patch and a channel list, as the shop may have only done the recovery procedure, and not installed any patch or channel list, so as I said before try and install the latest patch and a channel on your USB memory stick and load them on to you receiver and see what you get.

echelon
25-03-2016, 01:57 PM
if the recovery tool was used, then install the latest patch and then factory reset it

after that , you will have to set up your motor and also tick the sats required

or use the latest compass channel list and alter the gps settings so your usals are set correctly

mdaniels47
25-03-2016, 02:11 PM
All sorted,thanks for your help

Mike

Aldo
25-03-2016, 03:55 PM
All sorted,thanks for your help

Mike

Maybe you would like to say what it was that you did wrong or did not do, as this may help someone else with a similar problem.

satwyn
26-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Maybe you would like to say what it was that you did wrong or did not do, as this may help someone else with a similar problem.
or maybe not

Aldo
26-03-2016, 01:11 PM
or maybe not

It would appear that the OP does not think so, he's had his problem sorted, and let others look after themselves it seems.

mdaniels47
26-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I sorted it by copying a channel list for Hotbird & Astra from my laptop then inserted it into the usb slot on the spiderbox,then updated software,
Is that ok Aldo