PDA

View Full Version : Another FireTV stick problem

Satcat
25-03-2016, 02:41 PM
My friend managed to delete kodi from his fire stick so I have been installing it again for him. After doing so I went into system/appearance/settings, and in home window options I ticked to hide Music and pictures. Also in addon options I filled in the 5 videos submenus.
The problem is when I unplug the stick and plug in back in again those alterations have been deleted. The fire stick also give the message that this is the first installation. I wonder if my friend has changed some setting somewhere. Any ideas please?

Sandra
25-03-2016, 03:22 PM
I haven't come across that before but if it was me, for the time it is going to take to work out what is wrong and even then possibly not be able to undo what has happened, I would just do a factory reset and install KODI again from scratch.

Sorry that I can not offer a better solution.

Satcat
25-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Well.....I took your advice Sandra. Did a factory reset, reloaded firestarter and Kodi(jarvis16.0), but the problem is still there. It's a strange one, I would have thought (as you suggested) a factory reset would have sorted it.:banghead:

Satcat
25-03-2016, 06:19 PM
I've got it sorted. I think it must be a jarvis16.0 problem. I uninstalled jarvis, then installed kodi 15.2 did all my setting adjustments and then upgraded via stick to jarvis and all is fine.

I have read elsewhere other people having same problem with jarvis16.0. Good to know it's not just me. As I have said it's ok if you upgrade to it from isengard.

Sandra
26-03-2016, 04:44 PM
That's strange as I have installed a clean version of Jarvis on my own and 5 or 6 other firesticks and boxes recently without that problem.

This KODI stuff has been a steep learning curve for me other the last couple of months since getting my Fire TV Box, at least it seems easier and better than when I tried XBMC a few years back so things have been heading in the right direction.

At least you have got it sorted now so all is good again for your friend :)

Satcat
06-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I have just done a factory reset on my stick and reinstalled jarvis 16.0 and the problem is back (loose kodi settings after unplugging and plugging in again)
I have also just installed kodi for my son on a firetv box with exactly the same issues.