PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Dark Motor - Latitude scale inverted?!!

jallen01
26-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Bought one of the above (or so I thought?) a couple of weeks ago and am beginning to set it up.

However, when following the instructions in the manual supplied, and the copy posted by WilliamI on another forum, I note that the latitude scale on both sides of the motor mounting bracket appears to be inverted, i.e. the 25deg marking is at the lower end of the quadrant scale and the 75deg marking is at the top!

Thus, when I set it to the marking for my latitude of 54deg N ,the lower end of the motor arm is actually pointing towards the scaffold pole on which is it mounted - this seems totally wrong to me, but is it?

OTOH, is it possible/probable that I have got a clone mount which has been badly manufactured?

Thanks in advance.

John

gbmitie
27-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Its probable the instructions are wrong, it should show elevation so for 54n set motor at 36 elevation go to 0.8w and tweak it, elevation on dish should be 27.4 and not be touched but I tweak that as well. Its a good motor use usals.

Also make sure you have put on motor mounting bracket correctly

gbmitie

jallen01
27-03-2016, 08:24 PM
On another forum I found out that my error had been - and it's so stupid/simple - that I had lined the bolt head on the latitude marking, and not the small edge of the moving part of the motor mount which you can see through the slot above the bolt, and that's why it is set at nearly 61N and not 54N for where I am. TBH, I don't think I ever noticed that edge before until I looked very closely at the photos of the mount that I took this morning!

Now set to 54N and it looks a lot more what I would expect to see (again, done from memory, but I now need to reset it slightly to approx. 51.5N as we are just North of Heathrow).

Thanks again.

jallen01
06-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Update: the "problem" seems to be that the "Supreme" Dark Motor does not "like" the commands sent by some receivers, especially mine, but also some Linux OS machines (as I was told by my supplier, so I can't confirm or deny).

Now replaced by the "Superior" version of the motor, then everything appears to work!