PDA

View Full Version : box reset

kmc
27-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Hi
is there any way to reset this box from scratch.Trying to get to the bottom of the non movement of the motor on thor problem.Tried doing a factory reset but only resets so much,just thought a total reset might help.
Cheers
kmc

jbvid
27-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Hi
is there any way to reset this box from scratch.Trying to get to the bottom of the non movement of the motor on thor problem.Tried doing a factory reset but only resets so much,just thought a total reset might help.
Cheers
kmc
Hi
Only three options available really.
1. Read and try this : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173531-software-patch-error-on-new-Hitech-9000
2. or Reload latest patch.
3. or Factory Default from the System Settings Menu.
jb

kmc
27-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi
I've done steps 2(direct download) and 3,will try step 1.Factory default only wipes channel lists and settings,starting to think I have a faultybox.can you load an earlier patch on the box after you have loaded the latest one on
cheers
kmc

jbvid
27-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Hi
I've done steps 2(direct download) and 3,will try step 1.Factory default only wipes channel lists and settings,starting to think I have a faultybox.can you load an earlier patch on the box after you have loaded the latest one on
cheers
kmc
Hi
After the Factory Default goto the setup guide (link below) and follow the ‘Satellite Scanning (Motorized )’ section, Tick only the Sats you want to scan and can view from your location, then scan.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173514-Setup-Guide-for-the-HitechBox-HB9000
jb

kmc
28-03-2016, 12:23 AM
right just an update,have now tried everything,different patches,factory defaults etc etc and the motor still won't move to thor on usals,looks like it's going to have to go back

cheers
kmc

satwyn
28-03-2016, 08:30 AM
right just an update,have now tried everything,different patches,factory defaults etc etc and the motor still won't move to thor on usals,looks like it's going to have to go back

cheers
kmcwill it work on diseqc 1.2 or you can use another sat receiver to move the dish any cheap sat receiver will do until the problem is solved with a software update unless of course yours is faulty can.t test here don't use diseqc type motor

jbvid
28-03-2016, 11:04 AM

cheers
kmc
Hi
Worth trying a 'Motor Reset' in case your limits are reached and it can't get to Thor.
You do say your other Sats are OK, so I would suspect a limit has been reached on the motor rather than a faulty Hitechbox.
jb

kmc
28-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks satwyn,The only way it will move through Diseqc is if I drive it to 0 in the motor menu.

kmc
28-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Hi
Worth trying a 'Motor Reset' in case your limits are reached and it can't get to Thor.
You do say your other Sats are OK, so I would suspect a limit has been reached on the motor rather than a faulty Hitechbox.
jb

Hi Jbvid
The motor doesn't have a reset on it,also Limits are disabled on the box.The motor will go to other western sats no probs and will drive back to Eastern sats ok.Also I have tried my other sat box and that goes to thor no problem.
Thanks for all your help btw,it's appreciated
kmc

rolec
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi KMC Did you resolve this issue as my box is still refusing to move unless i reset limits getting to be a pain

kmc
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Hi rolec,
I didn't mate.I sent it back before it went out of the window.Replaced it with a technomate 5402 M3.
cheers
kmc

adem
17-05-2016, 12:20 PM
How do I break the password of the machine

jbvid
17-05-2016, 05:06 PM
How do I break the password of the machine
Hi
Its 1111 (four ones) but if you or someone has changed it who knows.
If you are desperate you could try the Factory defaults in System Settings or Force Upgrade procedure.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173531-software-patch-error-on-new-Hitech-9000
jb