PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom Android Version 965

holmroad
31-03-2016, 01:08 PM
See from another thread that Russell1 is back now, so hoping he can soon post TT Android 965 as TT Go wont work on my partner's Galaxy Tab 3 (states 'unable to connect with current settings') - but the android version works fine!
I also prefer android version on my Galaxy Note 3, so would really appreciate the 'maestro's help here! lol!!
Cheers!:patriot:

Russell1
31-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Here's the Tomtom v1.4 with the UK & RoI v965.7250 map. I have not tested this installation as I use the newer Go version now and get the free map updates with it :) .

http://hugefiles.net/82vwjwcqs0h8

holmroad
31-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Thanks very much Russell1, downloading as I type - hope you had a good break mate?:respect-055:

holmroad
31-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Sorry Russell1, but cannot get it to work mate - installs ok but when entering prog getting message 'Unable to use map 100654' and it wont go any further!
Tried using via both sd card and phone memory too to install via apk (separately of course!)!

Russell1
01-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Sorry mate, don't know why it's not working for you. Have a look at some of the earlier threads for the v1.4 android tomtom and make sure you have got folders in correct location and have followed guides on how to install it.
Have you tried the new Tomtom Go version ?

holmroad
01-04-2016, 12:46 PM
No mate, did everything the same as before, think last maps were Android version 955 I had on - and yes TT Go does work ok on MY Note 3, but NOT on partner's Tab 3, hence the request for the android version 965!
Will try deleting everything and start again then!

holmroad
08-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Sorry Russell1, latest android for 965 still won't open properly after installation - see the apk. remains constant to all versions, but can only assume it MAY be an issue with the maps section mate?
Maybe I'm barking up wrong tree here (as usual!! lol!!), but 960, which DID work had a 'm e t a' within 'tomtom' folder and this 965 doesn't?

Russell1
09-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Don't know sorry, I don't use this version now, I use the new Go version which lets me update the maps every 3 months :)

holmroad
09-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Don't know sorry, I don't use this version now, I use the new Go version which lets me update the maps every 3 months :)

Ok mate thanks - but assume you are still using the same 'source' as previously for the android version, if so can only assume they may have revised their maps folder which could explain the difference between the old and the new android versions?
It's no good though if it doesn't actually work any more, when it did before!

It's also a shame that for some reason my partner's Tab 3 doesn't seem to be compatible with the 'GO' version, assume must be some Samsung software differences between the phones, Notes and Tabs!

Russell1
09-04-2016, 04:06 PM
My tab 3 works with the Go v1.8

holmroad
10-04-2016, 12:25 AM
My tab 3 works with the Go v1.8

Ok Russell1, thanks mate, my partner with Tab 3 is away and before she went away I couldn't get GO to work, but will try again when she returns next weeki!

holmroad
13-04-2016, 11:32 AM
PS: Have tried the 965 android version you kindly posted on my Note 3, a S5 Neo and a brand new S7 Edge, ALL without success Russell1, have tried loading apk. via both sd card and phone memory, none of which work - it seems to install but then get varying messages such as 'unable to connect to internet, please check your internet settings' - obviously weird as it doesn't use internet anyway!! lol!!

sparky_dog
13-04-2016, 06:00 PM
To rule out any suspicions that the 965_7250 map wont work with the 1.4 apk, I have this combination working perfectly.

What I did was download the map on its own from one of the usual places, delete the existing map folder and replace it with the new one. To activate, connect device to PC and use the LATEST FastActivate - I used one dated 29/02/2016. Use option 8 for 'mobile activate'.

Hope this helps somebody out!

holmroad
13-04-2016, 10:31 PM
To rule out any suspicions that the 965_7250 map wont work with the 1.4 apk, I have this combination working perfectly.

What I did was download the map on its own from one of the usual places, delete the existing map folder and replace it with the new one. To activate, connect device to PC and use the LATEST FastActivate - I used one dated 29/02/2016. Use option 8 for 'mobile activate'.

Hope this helps somebody out!

That's interesting thanks mate, after investigating on other forums I've found that this file as posted from Russel's source has been posing probs for most people and your suggestion may well be a way round it and I will five it a try tomorrow, although not too certain where the 'usual places' for latest maps are either!! lol!!
Maybe you mean in another post on here?

sparky_dog
14-04-2016, 07:32 PM
I usually find links to the maps on gpsunderground.

I wonder if it might be worth trying to activate the complete install above using FastActivate? Perhaps the activation hasn't been done correctly?

holmroad
14-04-2016, 09:49 PM
I usually find links to the maps on gpsunderground.

I wonder if it might be worth trying to activate the complete install above using FastActivate? Perhaps the activation hasn't been done correctly?

Sorry mate but not really familiar with 'Fastactivate'! It does make sense though what you are saying, yet as I say there are many reports elsewhere that this latest android version 965 is NOT working!

Russell1
15-04-2016, 07:52 AM
There is an old copy of fastactivate posted here :-
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?171397-Activation-tools-amp-guide-for-updating-tomtom-maps-%28May-2015%29&highlight=fastactivate
You can update it once you open the programme

sparky_dog
15-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry mate but not really familiar with 'Fastactivate'! It does make sense though what you are saying, yet as I say there are many reports elsewhere that this latest android version 965 is NOT working!

Not sure about the version posted here, I didn't fancy deleting and reinstalling again so I just downloaded the map on it's own, replaced the old one and activated it. It's been working fine for me for the last month or so, I did 120 miles with it yesterday!

This is the version of FastActivate I used for the 965 map... despite the filename, there may be a newer version out by now.

sparky_dog
15-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Right, a bit more info. I've been having a look at my phone, to see if I can remember exactly how I did this.

My tomtom is installed to the SD card, there is a folder in the root called 'tomtom'. The map folder is in tomtom/com.tomtom.ukireland/files, I replaced the original 950 map folder with the new 965_7250 map folder. IIRC, the new map folder had no postcodes file, so I copied the 'postal_GBR' file over from the old map folder.

I put 'FastActivate.exe' and 'Integrated_me ta.txt' in the root of the SD and RAN FASTACTIVATE FROM THERE, choosing the 'mobile activate' function.

IIRC, that's how it went on, and it worked first time.

I think the error message you were getting with the full download may be to do with the map not being activated.

sparky_dog
15-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Just reading back through the thread, it occurred to me that the activation files from my 965 map might help you.

Attached is a .rar with the PNA, DCT and ME TA files from my map folder. I think the android device code is the same for all, so it should work if you plonk the files into your map folder?

holmroad
15-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Just reading back through the thread, it occurred to me that the activation files from my 965 map might help you.

Attached is a .rar with the PNA, DCT and ME TA files from my map folder. I think the android device code is the same for all, so it should work if you plonk the files into your map folder?

So assume you are saying that if I load these maps into my mobile alongside latest apk. they should work mate?
(Only thing is surely these three 'lines' are already within the version 965 as posted by Russell1?)

sparky_dog
15-04-2016, 11:24 PM
You need to install the apk as normal, then locate the tomtom folder on your device - it could be in the internal memory or on the SD, depending where it's installed. The map is located at the path given earlier.

Have you checked the map folder to see if the 3 files are actually there? The .dct file only appears once the map is activated. Might be worth temporarily exchanging them for mine, see if it makes any difference? Did I read something about a me ta file being missing from your 965 map?

holmroad
16-04-2016, 11:07 AM
You need to install the apk as normal, then locate the tomtom folder on your device - it could be in the internal memory or on the SD, depending where it's installed. The map is located at the path given earlier.

Have you checked the map folder to see if the 3 files are actually there? The .dct file only appears once the map is activated. Might be worth temporarily exchanging them for mine, see if it makes any difference? Did I read something about a me ta file being missing from your 965 map?

As I say, I believe those three lines in your rar file ARE actually already in Russell1's post, a m e t a file IS actually also within another folder, but NOT the 'usual' one, so unfortunately I stand by what I've been saying all along that this latest android file is NOT loading/installing properly (well it 'installs' on phone but wont open properly saying it cannot open map 100654) as it has done ok on previous file versions 950,955,960!
I have searched elsewhere too and am finding many others are also having this issue with latest android file, so maybe someone will come up with a usable version 965, hopefully before TT issue next version (?970)? lol!!

sparky_dog
16-04-2016, 01:40 PM
There's obviously something wrong with it, but I'm sure the message you are getting is related to the map not being activated, or properly activated.

If I knew what to do with the apk, I would insert my map and activation and try it... but it would take forever for me to upload it from here, we currently have numerous line faults in the village, and our broadband is absolutely ****e.

holmroad
16-04-2016, 10:54 PM
There's obviously something wrong with it, but I'm sure the message you are getting is related to the map not being activated, or properly activated.

If I knew what to do with the apk, I would insert my map and activation and try it... but it would take forever for me to upload it from here, we currently have numerous line faults in the village, and our broadband is absolutely ****e.

Well thanks a lot for listening mate - sure we'll get it sorted, eventually!! lol!!

holmroad
25-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Here's the Tomtom v1.4 with the UK & RoI v965.7250 map. I have not tested this installation as I use the newer Go version now and get the free map updates with it :) .

http://hugefiles.net/82vwjwcqs0h8

Hi Russell1, this link seems to be gone mate, are there any others please?

sparky_dog
25-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Not sure if it's exactly the same, but there's this one

http://sharehost.eu/file/SzhV57av8HgoV4X-8ZSXmw==/TomTom-Android-1.4-APK-UK-Ireland-965-7250.rar

satpaul
26-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Tomtom Go Navigation and Traffic v1.9 Build 1273 Patched

h**p://ncrypt.in/folder-uv3JgHsL

holmroad
26-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Tomtom Go Navigation and Traffic v1.9 Build 1273 Patched

h**p://ncrypt.in/folder-uv3JgHsL

Cheers Paul, downloading using FreeRapid D/L as I type!:respect-055:

sparky_dog
26-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Cheers Paul, downloading using FreeRapid D/L as I type!:respect-055:

Confused now... I thought you said TT Go was no good to you? :confused:

holmroad
27-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Cheers Russell1 - and sparky_dog - but all getting bit technical for ME! lol!!
Whatever happened to the old 'all in one' android updates as originally posted on here by Russell1?

NB: Now also finding I am currently unable to get 'GO' to install/work either, so getting quite frustrated with it all guys!! lol!!

holmroad
28-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Confused now... I thought you said TT Go was no good to you? :confused:

No mate, never said 'GO' is no use to me, but just prefer the old Android versions Russell1 used to post as GO is different to actually manage and use, whereas the other is much more like my Start 25 device technology!

I have actually got GO on both my Note 3 and my partner's S7Edge, as I can't get the 'usual' latest Android version 965 to open properly any more once installed!

The one YOU kindly posted won't open properly either!

http://sharehost.eu/file/SzhV57av8HgoV4X-8ZSXmw==/TomTom-Android-1.4-APK-UK-Ireland-965-7250.rar

sparky_dog
28-04-2016, 09:50 PM
The one YOU kindly posted won't open properly either!

That's obviously a dud too, same source I guess.

I can only refer you to the answer I gave above m'lud... you'll have to do battle with FastActivate. :banghead:

holmroad
29-04-2016, 12:01 AM
That's obviously a dud too, same source I guess.
boage the laest
I can only refer you to the answer I gave above m'lud... you'll have to do battle with FastActivate. :banghead:

Cheers again mate, maybe TT have managed to successfully sabotage latest 'android' versions, since as I've mentioned previously, it does seem fairly universal for them not to work as it did in previous versions!

sparky_dog
29-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Cheers again mate, maybe TT have managed to successfully sabotage latest 'android' versions, since as I've mentioned previously, it does seem fairly universal for them not to work as it did in previous versions!
I can't see it - it works absolutely fine for me, as shown again below

It's an issue with that download, there's something wrong with it.

As I said earlier, I didn't use this - I downloaded the map on it's own from gpsunderground, replaced the old 950 map and activated it.

holmroad
30-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Ok mate, will try playing around with it later, see what happens - but hopefully newer maps will be out soon anyway!! lol!!

holmroad
22-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Wonder if we'll finally be able to have access to a 'proper' android version 975 of TomTom UK & ROI as we used to prior to the past three or four versions which never worked for me?

(i.e. NOT the current 'GO' version)

Russell1
22-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Found this on another site :-

TomTom Android 1.4 APK + UK & Ireland 975.7685 (18-08-2016)

http://ncrypt.in/folder-6getSrBg
Password: download

holmroad
24-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Found this on another site :-

TomTom Android 1.4 APK + UK & Ireland 975.7685 (18-08-2016)

http://ncrypt.in/folder-6getSrBg
Password: download

Sorry Russell1 but cant get this d/l to work, either via FreeRapid downloader OR direct from URL as free version simply won't go through after entering Captchas etc - even turned off MWB without success!

Russell1
25-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Well I just tried it without any problems - entered ' download ' into the password box, entered captcha code & the got all these links (had to disable adblock plus for that site though).

http://uploaded.net/file/0swnurxs
http://uploaded.net/file/756pisgp
http://uploaded.net/file/0u6ukgcv
http://uploaded.net/file/kdb8t8d2
http://uploaded.net/file/gv21qj3a

I even downloaded the last file to test it for you as it is only @ 15mb, but I don't need it as I would never go back the this old version, the latest new Tomtom Go Mobile versions are so much improved.

holmroad
26-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks again Russell1, downloading 1st link as I type!!:respect-055:

holmroad
29-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Think its newer models of Samsung phones not accepting android version of TT as both my s6 Edge + and my friend's Galaxy S5 Neo it states 'not working' or 'unable to connect' despite GPS being set as 'on' etc etc!!
However I tried it on old S3 Mini and it works perfectly!!

Architect
31-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Always used google maps in the past but willing to give this a try, thank you for sharing