PDA

View Full Version : kodi malware ??

JOE.MADDISON
05-04-2016, 12:25 AM
have been using kodi 15 for some time on dell computer without problems,but i have tried to update to 16 with major problems,downloaded and installed ok but has gibberish mixed in to text and all video is overwritten with vertical stripes right across picture,tried to uninstall but wont,get a error message,program may/may not have been removed.....then malwarebytes goes mad with multiple serious malware warnings all high risk.and kodi 16 is still working on the computer with the fault ,tried downloading and installing again,overrites but same faults and same malware warnings if i try again to remove the program....help..:reddevil:..:eek :

seagate1
05-04-2016, 08:35 AM
have you tried going into appdata and delete from there, put in your search bar %appdata% then roaming will appear click on that look for kodi/xbmc and delete the from there reboot pc and all kodi should br gone then run cccleaner or what ever you use, see if that gets rid of it, thank you.

JOE.MADDISON
05-04-2016, 11:20 PM
carried out your instructions,all files appear to have gone,but corrupt kodi still remains went into uninstall programs,but will not uninstall,get message program may have/ have not been removed do you want too remove etc clicked on yes ,disappeared from programs list.but is still there in the start page and now starts garbled,with no files to select...?????

althetaff
06-04-2016, 03:46 PM
have been using kodi 15 for some time on dell computer without problems,but i have tried to update to 16 with major problems,downloaded and installed ok but has gibberish mixed in to text and all video is overwritten with vertical stripes right across picture,tried to uninstall but wont,get a error message,program may/may not have been removed.....then malwarebytes goes mad with multiple serious malware warnings all high risk.and kodi 16 is still working on the computer with the fault ,tried downloading and installing again,overrites but same faults and same malware warnings if i try again to remove the program....help..:reddevil:..:eek :

Had a similar experience with a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF and coincidentally immediately after installing Kodi Jarvis. In my case it was pure coincidence. The graphics was interlaced and blocky and doing odd things and it was down to blown electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard. I replaced these and everything is back to normal.

JOE.MADDISON
06-04-2016, 09:52 PM
checked capacitors,can not see any blown,computer is optiplex755,spent hours removing all files related to kodi from computer, while removing kodi.a part of kodi a pops up with you do not have permission to access ...skip..click to skip ....something hidden appears to be left on hard drive,because i tried to download and install kodi 15 again but get you do not have permission to access ....and malware is sent out and blocked by anti malware so kodi16 must not be compatible with older dell comps and must lock out previous versions....help,,,

willieaames
16-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Seems like you were streaming from a dodgy site.