PDA

View Full Version : Useless usals

Graham99
11-04-2016, 12:42 AM
My box refuses to locate to 1e and 26e. It is an utter pain......there appears to be a serious software issue on usals maybe due to the lack of detailed long and lat input. Great box otherwise but sh**e usals control....
Is there a fix?.....without having to climb on the roof and reset the cryptic H2H on the dish?....

Any help would be gratefully accepted....

Aldo
11-04-2016, 01:07 AM
" My box refuses to locate to 1e and 26e. "

Which Sat did you assume was at 1 East, I know Badr-4/5/6 is at 26 East, or is 1East a typo ???

Graham99
11-04-2016, 05:07 AM
Apologies, 1w. Send the motor to 26e and it stops on 28. Send it to 1w and signal strength is too low to. Pick up channels. It is clearly missing these sats though does hit all the others from hellas throught to hispa. Any thoughts as how to resolve?.

crabber
11-04-2016, 08:47 AM
I know absolutely nothing about a spiderbox and consequently have never posted in this section.
However I do know that USALs is brilliant once correctly set up.
Obviously the pole needs to be absolutely vertical first but if it is the dish can be sent to (say) 1 West then adjusted in both planes. All satellites will then be spot on without having to do anything else.

jbvid
11-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Apologies, 1w. Send the motor to 26e and it stops on 28. Send it to 1w and signal strength is too low to. Pick up channels. It is clearly missing these sats though does hit all the others from hellas throught to hispa. Any thoughts as how to resolve?.
Hi
I agree with crabber Usals is fine, no software issue with mine, it runs perfectly from 28e through to 30w, I think your system (Dish and or Motor) need setting up correctly, have a read in this section first.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?11-Dish-Discussions
jb

Aldo
11-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Could it be that you did setup your USAL's @ 1 East instead of 1 West and so when you go to 26 East it ends up at 28 East, which would explain the 2 degree differential.

echelon
11-04-2016, 09:37 AM
works fine on the 6000 , just set the motor side up correctly and input your own gps coordinates into the usals settings boxes and save it

if your motor is not setup correctly then you may need to adjust those usals settings by up to half a degree either way

so if you were at say location 1.5w and 52.2n , put those in and save to start with and test the system on 0.8w and 26e

if the problem still occurs , try changing the longitude value to 1.3w , and 1.7w to see which one improves things

if 1.7w improves it, try 1.6w and 1.8w to find out which works on 0.8w the best, best signal, best quality

once you have the best longitude , save and use it

so if your longitude is 1.5w , try different values between 1.1w and 1.9w, finding the best one

at the end of this process, if your true gps was 1.5w and 1.9w turned out to be the best, then your motor is 0.4 degrees out

if this was the case , I would put my dish on 0.8w fta channel , input my usals as 1.5w as that would be my correct location, then I would slacken the motor and slightly move it left or right until the channel came up with good signal and quality, then I would retighten my motor (a black marker pen helps as you can mark a line so you know where you started from)

satpaul
11-04-2016, 07:31 PM
I have the same motor and usals works faultless on Spiderbox 6000

holmroad
11-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I have the same motor and usals works faultless on Spiderbox 6000

Cryptic H2H?

Graham99
12-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the replies. Dont think my dish is poorly setup as hitting 5w without issue with v strong signal. The signal strength at each end of the arc also good. Will definitely try adjusting the longitude setting to see if this improves the accuracy. If that fails i think it will be back to basics, reset the motor and start afresh....thanks again..

jbvid
12-04-2016, 09:43 AM
My box refuses to locate to 0.8w Thor and 26e.
Any help would be gratefully accepted....
Hi
I assume you have these 2 Satellites ‘Ticked’ as mentioned in the ‘Satellite section’ of the Setup Guide for Spiderbox 6000HD
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161756-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD
jb

Graham99
13-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Yep they are ticked.