PDA

View Full Version : Help to use 2x1 DiSEqC switch.

traveller
22-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Hi all,
Got my box from Goldwafers this morning and having problems connecting two now fixed dishes ( 28e and 13e ) using 2x1 DiSEqE switch. I can scan both satellites using an old manual change over switch and get good signals from both but can't get DiSEqE switch to work. I have selected both satellites in the satellite list and then gone to the LNB section and selected mini-DiSEqE to A for Astra and B for Hotbird. Tried most settings, must have missed something. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

By the way it was used on one fixed dish with two LNBs and was working when taken off.

jallen01
22-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a defective Diseqc switch - which type is it ?

traveller
23-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Thanks for replying.
It's a Vialuna Digital Technology DSD 224 WSG 2x1 DiSEqC switch. Have you got a two LNB switch and how is the switch set up in the menus. The e manual on the panel screen doesn't work and the paper manual is next to useless. I really think the switch is ok.
I maybe alone in wanting this feature so this may not have come up before.

traveller
23-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Ok doing a lot of reading and found this about DiSEqC v2 2x1 switch :- Purchased a DiSEqC 1.0 switch and replaced the 2.1 switch with it. Connected the satellite directly to the TV and both satellites came right to life with the TV's auto-tune. To conclude, the Samsung built-in tuner apparently isn't compatible with the DiSEqC 2.1 switch, but worked perfectly with the 1.0 version. He had the basic problem that one sat was visible, ok when swapping over cables like I do.
Has anyone with this great little box have it working with a DiSEqC switch, if so what switch and what menu settings are you using?
Thanks

rioseco
26-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi my man I am using Disq Box 4 in 1 out it is an old one don't know the name[sorry] On the LNB setting I am using for H/Bird 13-- lnb power on -- mindisq off -- disq1.0- C disc1.1 off For the other two the same format with letters attached astra 19-B for astra 28-D Hope that helps

traveller
26-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Hi my man I am using Disq Box 4 in 1 out it is an old one don't know the name[sorry] On the LNB setting I am using for H/Bird 13-- lnb power on -- mindisq off -- disq1.0- C disc1.1 off For the other two the same format with letters attached astra 19-B for astra 28-D Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply. I now know that someone else is using DiSEqC switch. I will try again once I swop over the manual switch to the DiSEqC one.

traveller
26-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Ok all,
It is now sorted. My son dropped of an old DiseqC switch ( no label ) that I gave him a long time ago, made good all connections and changed the LNB settings :-
Hotbird 13e DiSEqC 1.0 port a , signal 99% Quality 99%
Astra 28e DiSEqC 1.0 port b , signal 99% Quality 99%

So it was the old switch and menu settings.