PDA

View Full Version : dvb c / t2 tuner

difficult
08-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

I have got vu+ duo2 receiver and I recently bought dvb-t t2/c tuner. I installed it and I can see receiver has recognised it but it does not signals and i cant tune any channels. I done few settings but noting seems to be working.....

I will appreciate your help

653306533165332653336533465335653 366533765338

mrdude
09-05-2016, 03:58 AM
You will need to put a Cables.xml file on your box so it knows what transponders to scan, also you said in another post you had used a splitter - and were told that cable and Sat splitters work on different frequencies, so you need a CATV cable going straight into your box tuner (without using a splitter) and your Sat cable going to your Sat tuner. You can't put both signals down the same cable (unless you use diplexers).

cannydo
09-05-2016, 12:58 PM
I have a Vu+ Turbo Tuner attached to my Vu SoloSE works a treat and HD channels to boot the lot. I have a vermin modem I put a splitter in one to tuner other to Box. As Mr Dude said you'll need the correct Cable xml file and the correct file for epg put in the appropriate correct folders on your box. Much research required m8 if your stuck pps here are very helpful I also have the files you'll require.

iain66
09-05-2016, 01:27 PM
what image are you using

cannydo
09-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Blackhole 3.0.2 B as it will automatically recognize a usb tuner attached.

iain66
09-05-2016, 04:12 PM
how have you got it configured on the tuner config

cannydo
09-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Configuration Mode Enabled, Used service scan type Provider, Provider to scan (your operator or in my case Vermin 6952)

mrdude
09-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I have a vermin modem I put a splitter in one to tuner other to Box.

The OP originally said in another post he had used a splitter for the Cable & Sat feed, and was then complaining his internet speed was low (probably he should have drawn a picture of how he has it wired up).

iain66
09-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Is there no networkd id for you to change

cannydo
09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
No I have given the exact readings when I enter my tuner set up that's with Blackhole image. If you try a reboot then go back to "Tuner Configuration" you will see DVB-C for your tuner. That's assuming you installed the correct Cable xml in the correct folder.

difficult
09-05-2016, 10:37 PM
You will need to put a Cables.xml file on your box so it knows what transponders to scan, also you said in another post you had used a splitter - and were told that cable and Sat splitters work on different frequencies, so you need a CATV cable going straight into your box tuner (without using a splitter) and your Sat cable going to your Sat tuner. You can't put both signals down the same cable (unless you use diplexers).

wow man... I reallly really appreciate your kind help. i have wasted many hours of my life while sorting these channels out.

I replaced cable.xml file into etc/tuxbox, autobouquets and channels were scanned and FTV are working BUT

Channels are badly breaking down.... WHAT to do now?

can you also tell me where to put linux support apk files to install....?

do you know of any better extension, skins (graphically and informationwise) please

Can you also guide me how I upload channels via dreamboxEIDT with cable channels and autobouquets also work....

I am pretty sure you can guide me through ....

difficult
09-05-2016, 10:40 PM
I have a Vu+ Turbo Tuner attached to my Vu SoloSE works a treat and HD channels to boot the lot. I have a vermin modem I put a splitter in one to tuner other to Box. As Mr Dude said you'll need the correct Cable xml file and the correct file for epg put in the appropriate correct folders on your box. Much research required m8 if your stuck pps here are very helpful I also have the files you'll require.

wow wow ... thank man I just done it .... I really appreciate your help ..... BUT channels are badly breaking down.... any solution please???

3tv
09-05-2016, 11:36 PM
wow wow ... thank man I just done it .... I really appreciate your help ..... BUT channels are badly breaking down.... any solution please???

signal strength might be low. If you have never subbed to vermin then it will need increasing at the cabinet. Don't use a splitter and see if its any better. Are there many FTA channels available?

difficult
09-05-2016, 11:59 PM
signal strength might be low. If you have never subbed to vermin then it will need increasing at the cabinet. Don't use a splitter and see if its any better. Are there many FTA channels available?

Thanks mate, I connected cable direct to receiver, yes channels are working without any glitch and picture breaking down. is that mean splitter is faulty.

Is there any splittler with signal booster?

Can i use dreamboxedit to upload channels including sky, iptv with cable channels?

cannydo
10-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I think you are going to need a booster check your splitter I had originally put a splitter in which each port was getting 3dB per port. I managed to get a splitter which each port was 5dB done the trick for me. I will attach the cable xml file which goes in ect/tuxbox and I will give you the file for epg which goes in usr/crossepg/provider. There's no more files you will need that I can think of but you defo need a booster of some kind.

difficult
10-05-2016, 10:55 PM
I think you are going to need a booster check your splitter I had originally put a splitter in which each port was getting 3dB per port. I managed to get a splitter which each port was 5dB done the trick for me. I will attach the cable xml file which goes in ect/tuxbox and I will give you the file for epg which goes in usr/crossepg/provider. There's no more files you will need that I can think of but you defo need a booster of some kind.

thanks for your reply. I have already ftp cable file into etc/tuxbox thats only way I could scan ftv vm channels. That file was bit old but worked. Do you think if I need to replace it?

you sent me two files, is there any difference between them?

is there possibility to get cable channel bouquet?

cannydo
11-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Just try the Cable xml I sent you and see if there's a difference in the amount of channels. As for your second question I would of thought it obvious with the name rytec in the file that this file is for Bouquets just enter it per instructions and go to Crossepg and select it.

difficult
11-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Just try the Cable xml I sent you and see if there's a difference in the amount of channels. As for your second question I would of thought it obvious with the name rytec in the file that this file is for Bouquets just enter it per instructions and go to Crossepg and select it.

I have tried it, dreambox edit cant read cable xml or rytec_virgin_uk_xmltv.conf file..... am i doing anything wrong here?

cannydo
12-05-2016, 08:37 AM
It maybe Dreambox Edit I have very rarely used it I use DCC Dreambox Control Centre in fact any FTP should work.

difficult
12-05-2016, 08:32 PM
It maybe Dreambox Edit I have very rarely used it I use DCC Dreambox Control Centre in fact any FTP should work.

I am ready using DCC E2 V1.40 but dreameboxEdit is far too easy way to edit channels and make your own choice and mix up with iptv etc.

What I am looking is, mix all movies, sports, news channels etc than I will be easy for me to watch tv.

Can you also forward me some good HD iptv.ipk files please or let me know where I can download them PLEASE

cannydo
13-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I have helped you as per your thread and I am quite happy with Catseye Channelist although I have made a Favourite Channel folder before. I did it via the box not an editing program an as for IPTV I have no need of this so I'm afraid I can't help you any further. There will be instructions on the forum someplace I suggest you do a search. Good luck on your endeavors to get your box to perform how you desire.