PDA

View Full Version : tried putting kodi to a firestick ,,no joy

paulupton123
12-05-2016, 06:59 PM
i have loaded kodi many times to a firestick following the tutorials at seo Michael etc....
admit that it was over 2 months ago
tried to download for a friend today ,,followed the tutorial ,,
got to part where it said click on ARM ( android)
but for some reason it stopped
trie to re install es file etc etc
again same thing
Have amazon done something to stop kodi loading??
or is there some thing I need to change
here is what I followed,,,
https__://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

no underscores after https

kegnkiwi
12-05-2016, 08:13 PM
I installed via adbfire. Here is a how to on youtube.

https__://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYuenZ2pLQ

I still have 15.1 isenguard installed and its working fine. One thing to know make sure you extract adbfire and do not run if from zip. It would not connect to my firestick until I unzipped it fully.

paulupton123
12-05-2016, 08:50 PM
thnx
tried tutorial
when it got to bit about downloading abd fire from google
gave the incorrect address
__jocala.com as option and not the one on the u tubeeee video thus it did not work
thnx anyways

kegnkiwi
12-05-2016, 09:04 PM
h***://jocala.com/

Goes to the webpage ok for me. Scroll down and click on download for windows if that is what you are using.

Takes you to androidfilehost site and then click download. I just started it and it started downloading ok. I cancelled it as I already have it.

paulupton123
12-05-2016, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=kegnkiwi;949830]
h***://jocala.com/

Goes to the webpage ok for me. Scroll down and click on download for windows if that is what you are using.

Takes you to androidfilehost site and then click download. I just started it and it started downloading ok. I cancelled it as I already have it.[/cheers well done I did it ,,have a gd night

Satcat
13-05-2016, 09:31 AM
i have loaded kodi many times to a firestick following the tutorials at seo Michael etc....
admit that it was over 2 months ago
tried to download for a friend today ,,followed the tutorial ,,
got to part where it said click on ARM ( android)
but for some reason it stopped
trie to re install es file etc etc
again same thing
Have amazon done something to stop kodi loading??
or is there some thing I need to change
here is what I followed,,,
https__://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

no underscores after https

What you have to do (that is not shown in the above link) is, after selecting ARM, scroll right down to the bottom toolbar and click on the "more" button (bottom right with 3 dots above it) and then select "open in browser" and load it from there.

simon 2003
13-05-2016, 12:15 PM
i got held up with this last night ,using this es downloader the arm file just didnt work,but i can confirm what satcat says worked first time . kind of clunky with the firestick remote though

paulupton123
13-05-2016, 09:02 PM
What you have to do (that is not shown in the above link) is, after selecting ARM, scroll right down to the bottom toolbar and click on the "more" button (bottom right with 3 dots above it) and then select "open in browser" and load it from there.
had a quick go but it did not make sense wen I clicked the three dots /more
will try again tomorrow I can see this is not straight forward at all

paulupton123
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM

I have done wat u said

and guess wat it doesn't install kodi
instead it downloads sumit called mobile step
so either ur missing something very important out or this is not safe

I have tried three times and two friends have followed your steps with same result

paulupton123
13-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I have done wat u said

I have tried three times and two friends have followed your steps with same result

we all agree looks suspicious

can anyone else on here confirm about this as it looks like a virus

lots of words
e.g
breadcrumb
hansel and Gretel

Satcat
14-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I have done wat u said

I can't understand that. You defiantly highlighted Andriod ARM and accepted it before moving down to "more"?

cannydo
14-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Don't know if this will help you or not depends on what you want really paulupton123. I just did 2 sticks last night via adbfire one stick was not for having it and as before I just Factory Reset the stick and Kodi loaded no problem. Like I said this depends if you use the other features of your firestick.

paulupton123
14-05-2016, 10:40 AM
I can't understand that. You defiantly highlighted Andriod ARM and accepted it before moving down to "more"?
yes I did

just comes up with open file

and its all a word script
that looks very much like a virus
have had 3 other friends look and they all agreee

simon 2003
14-05-2016, 10:48 AM
had a quick go but it did not make sense wen I clicked the three dots /more
will try again tomorrow I can see this is not straight forward at all

sorry mate but that makes perfect sense ,if you are in ES file explorer at the bottom right corner theres a button with 3 dots above saying more,
,i flattened my stick the other night and ran into this problem ,just click once on android arm its quite clunky with the remote but with patience can be done ,then just keep clicking left till it leaves the browser screen and is in the ES options pane on the left then scroll all the way down then all the way right and click more ,then scroll up to open in browser ,you may get an option to open in ES browser just once or everytime ,up to you then a box appears that installs kodi ? i did this last night on a firestick for a mate done and fully loaded in half an hour

paulupton123
14-05-2016, 11:00 AM
sorry mate but that makes perfect sense ,if you are in ES file explorer at the bottom right corner theres a button with 3 dots above saying more,
,i flattened my stick the other night and ran into this problem ,just click once on android arm its quite clunky with the remote but with patience can be done ,then just keep clicking left till it leaves the browser screen and is in the ES options pane on the left then scroll all the way down then all the way right and click more ,then scroll up to open in browser ,you may get an option to open in ES browser just once or everytime ,up to you then a box appears that installs kodi ? i did this last night on a firestick for a mate done and fully loaded in half an hour
agree with everything u said except
the bit at the end where it says install kodi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it says
install mobile
then wen u open it
all it says is the scripts

simon 2003
14-05-2016, 11:20 AM
strange mate ,maybe install factory defaults on the stick from settings and start again
like i said did it last night kodi fully loaded up in about 30mins

steps i used for anyone who needs it takes 5mins

1,connect stick to wireless
2,go to settings and developer options and set both options to ON
3,goto search and search for ES Explorer follow steps download and install
4,open ES scroll down to add ,then add kodi url,,h**p://kodi.tv and name kodi below and accept
5,scroll down left pane in ES to kodi and click,kodi website should open in main pane.
6,scroll all the way up then keep clicking right on controller untill you can see that the curser is in the webpage
7,goto downloads one of the top tabs ,
8,scroll across to current build Jarvis 16.1 Andriod until arm option is highlighted and click once
9,now keep clicking left on controller until you are in ES left hand pane .
10,scroll to the very bottom until you are in bottom pane,and scroll right to MORE and click
11,A small box opens scroll to OPEN IN BROWSER and click
12,an option may appear that says open in ES just once or everytime choose either
13 ,kodi should start installation follow on screen options ,accept all choices .
14 ,done kodi should be in apps

Satcat
14-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Nice tutorial Simon. Just to make it a little bit simpler I would change kodi url, to: h**p://kodi.tv/download which takes you straight to the download page.

robh
27-06-2016, 10:14 PM
there is a new tutorial on u tube showing how to install kodi onto a firestick apparently amazon has blocked es file explorer

Sandra
28-06-2016, 02:53 AM
I wrote this out for a guy on another forum who could not get Kodi on his Firestick.

06-14-2016, 02:30 AM

OK, download ADBlink from here :

h**p://jocala.com/

Install it on your computer.

Download and save on your computer the Android apk install ARM – x86 from here :

h**ps://kodi.tv/download/

It appears that if you are using Internet Explorer the file downloads as a.zip file, but if you are using a different browser it downloads correctly as the .apk file.

If you are using Internet Explorer you need to change the extension from .zip to .apk

On your Firestick you need to find its IP address and set the developer options to ADB debugging ON and Apps from Unknown to ON

Run adblink and click on New and enter any name you like in the description and the IP address of your fire TV stick in the address, leave everything else as it is and then click on Save.

Then click on Connect and you should see the IP address in the connected device window with :5555 behind your stick's IP address and the Status window should say Device.

Then click on Install APK and when the window opens browse to where you saved the Kodi .apk to, then click on Open and click on Yes when it asks if you want to install it in the next window.

You will see a green bar running along the bottom right hand side of the adblink window, it may run through a few times so do not do anything until it finishes and a window opens that will say done.

You can then close that window and click on Stop ADB and then Disconnect.

Kodi is now installed on your stick so set it up as you want with the addons, skins and anything else you want.

The following is to help that same guy back up his Firestick so he could clone his Firestick on to several more for his friends and family.

Then run the adblink program again and click on Connect and then on Backup, click on /sdcard/ in the window that opens and select a folder where you want to save your backup to and click on OK.
It will take a few minutes and again will say Done when finished. As before close that window, click on Stop ADB then on Disconnect but leave the program open.

Power off your stick and place one of the new ones in its place, set the Developer options again as before and find and take note of the IP address, it will probably be a different one.
If it is go to adblink and click on Edit and change the IP address to the new one and click on Save, if it gives it the same as the previous stick you can leave it as it is.

Click on Connect then click on Restore and browse for the folder where you saved the previous back up to and click on select folder and then click on Yes when it asks if you want to overwrite.
Again wait until it says Done then click OK and Stop ADB and then Disconnect.

Check everything is working OK on that stick, it should be and repeat the process for the remaining sticks.

It sounds more complicated than it really is and once you have cloned the first one the others will get done in no time.

Hopefully this may help someone who is having problems getting Kodi up and running. Just remember that the .apk file will download as a zip for some reason if using Interne Explorer, other browsers seem to do it as the correct file extension.

Satcat
28-06-2016, 08:21 AM
It is still possible to use ESfile explorer, but you need to use different url.
h**p://firetvguru.net and install kodi from there.

cannydo
28-06-2016, 09:18 AM
I am still using adbFire with no issues whatsever on occasions I come across difficult sticks I just use my laptop. Here is a video on how to install Kodi to the Firestick by connecting it to your computer of laptop.

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUvcq_HKS1E

Sandra
28-06-2016, 12:31 PM
adbFire has now been superseded by adbLink, they are both from the same developer Jocola.

willieaames
16-08-2016, 02:21 PM
In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the 3 dots. This opens a menu with the option of downloading with the browser. Choose it, and you should be good to go.

maurice
01-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Tried today to put kodi on a new Fire Stick using the "Es Explorer" file but I cannot download Es to the stick
When the Es box appears instead of "Download" it shows "Get" when I press get a box appears saying we cannot complete your
purchase because you do not have valid billing address.
I thought Es was Free!!
Then tried to follow you tube using adbfire but again no luck, the video is still showing the link for adbfire but you get a 404 page.
Can any member update me please on the latest way to install kodi onto my stick.

Regards

cannydo
02-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Here is a link on a how to also links to the needed Programs hxxp://www.htpcbeginner.com/setup-fire-tv-on-adbfire

voyager1972
02-09-2016, 09:20 AM
i mainly use adb fire to install kodi to firesticks,,,,,you could also get one of those ********ing web accounts and upload kodi to the site then use es file explorer to ftp the website....works a treat ..maybe a bit "ott" to setup one ,,,but great if you are doing a few.

maurice
02-09-2016, 11:34 AM
@ cannydo & voyager1972, thanks for your reply's, cannydo I will give that link a go.

My problem now is Kodi is DL'ing has a zip file and will not load. I am using IE and an earlier post explains this problem
I am trying to find a DL not ZIP!

voyager1972
02-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Tried today to put kodi on a new Fire Stick using the "Es Explorer" file but I cannot download Es to the stick
When the Es box appears instead of "Download" it shows "Get" when I press get a box appears saying we cannot complete your
purchase because you do not have valid billing address.
I thought Es was Free!!
Then tried to follow you tube using adbfire but again no luck, the video is still showing the link for adbfire but you get a 404 page.
Can any member update me please on the latest way to install kodi onto my stick.

Regards

go into the amazon account on your pc,,,,the account that you used when setting up the firestick ,,,,then search the appstore for es file explorer....and send it to your firestick.

voyager1972
02-09-2016, 01:26 PM
when you download kodi from the site it is an .apk file

h**p://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

maurice
02-09-2016, 02:38 PM
It say's APK but when I go into my saved file it is a zip file

1600hr CET@ voyager1972 managed to get an APK file from your link above
will try my stick after my dinner

Regards

Sandra
02-09-2016, 05:53 PM
It say's APK but when I go into my saved file it is a zip file

Looks like you are using Internet Explorer to download it as it wil change the extension to .zip

You can just change it from .zip to .apk and ignore the warning when it says it may not work or download it again with Chrome or Firefox as it will then download as the .apk file

maurice
02-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks Sandra, but how do I change it!!! please

voyager1972
02-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks Sandra, but how do I change it!!! please

Rename the file and change the .zip. To .apk ,,,,if you don't see the file extension you will have go into file explorer
And change the folder options ,,,and untick hide file extensions

Sandra
03-09-2016, 02:10 AM
If you can not do it as Voyager has explained just download it using Google Chrome and it will save as a .apk file.

ManikM
03-09-2016, 06:50 AM
the way i do it is very easy.
download "Amazon FireTV Utility App.exe" to laptop on wifi - download KODI ANDROID ARM to same laptop.
then sideload the .apk over to the stick using the firetv app (you must turn on the ADB debuggging mode or whatever its called on the stick first - found in settings)
simples

maurice
03-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Thank you all for your assistance, success, found a APK file on a mirror site and it DL ok and now my stick is
up and running. Going to practice today changing zip to apk.

Sandra
03-09-2016, 03:30 PM
the way i do it is very easy.
download "Amazon FireTV Utility App.exe" to laptop on wifi - download KODI ANDROID ARM to same laptop.
then sideload the .apk over to the stick using the firetv app (you must turn on the ADB debuggging mode or whatever its called on the stick first - found in settings)
simples

The problem that Maurice was having was in downloading the .apk file as a .apk file as for some reason most websites that host it, especially the official Kodi one changes the .apk extension to a .zip if you download it using Internet Explorer and not with a different browser.

Other browsers download it correctly as a .apk

Dreamcatcher
13-12-2016, 11:51 AM
I look back on old posts occasionally to see if anything can be added. Regarding ES Explorer, if you have an account with A****** you get an invoice but for zero cost. In other words it's free.