PDA

View Full Version : Hitech Sat Installation problem.

johnhenry
17-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I am setting up my satellite Hitechbox HB9000 new receiver which came today, my three fixed LNBS Hotbird 13 east, Astra 19 east and Thor for some strange reason l are only giving me LNB Frequencies from 9750/10600 when I go into LNB frequency to change this seems limited also, the range should be 9750/ 12713. Would appreciate any help please ?

I have my Spiderbox HD9000 on loop from the new Hitechbox and on that receiver all LNBS give me the full rage of frequencies.

jbvid
17-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Hi
Mine is same, Just do a scan, mine found the higher freqs without any probs.
If you need to scan individual Freqs use the Installation / Search Channels menu option.
jb

johnhenry
17-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks jbvid found out what I was doing wrong I should have used DISCqC 1 with A, B, C, D as the switch for the different LNBs on dish , all I was getting before was everything scanning on Hotbird and when you are scanning what you think is Astra 19 east you soon know by the crap channels coming up that you are again scanning Hotbird. So A is Hotbird, B is Astra 19, C will now be 0.8 West Thor. When I scanned just now the quality channels were appearing so I know I was thankfully in Astra 19 and as you said all frequencies came up as you stated, again thanks for your help it stopped me trying everything to find the other Frequencies in LBN setup might be idea to add that to stickie to stop others pulling their hair out. Best johnhenry :chinese-bow-005:

traveller
17-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks jbvid found out what I was doing wrong I should have used DISCqC 1 with A, B, C, D as the switch for the different LNBs on dish , all I was getting before was everything scanning on Hotbird and when you are scanning what you think is Astra 19 east you soon know by the crap channels coming up that you are again scanning Hotbird. So A is Hotbird, B is Astra 19, C will now be 0.8 West Thor. When I scanned just now the quality channels were appearing so I know I was thankfully in Astra 19 and as you said all frequencies came up as you stated, again thanks for your help it stopped me trying everything to find the other Frequencies in LBN setup might be idea to add that to stickie to stop others pulling their hair out. Best johnhenry :chinese-bow-005:

I used blind search and it is really fast, finds everything on each sat.

johnhenry
17-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Well latest developments I am no further forward and I somehow have now deleted Astra 19 east in my frustration. Has anyone set up satellites on a Hitecbox 9000HD using a 4 to 1 down switch ? any info would be very helpful, I have my Spiderbox 9000 on at the moment no problem with any channels from any LNBs. But I must ask these question! did you have to tick the satelites before doing blind search and if you have more than one LNB did you have to set up first before doing blind scan?

traveller
17-05-2016, 07:55 PM
I use a 2 x 1 switch 28e and 13e . 4 x 1 switch should work the same. My post here :- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?174044-Help-to-use-2x1-DiSEqC-switch. As I posted had a faulty switch and got it working. Yes blind search after lnb setup.

rioseco
17-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Well latest developments I am no further forward and I somehow have now deleted Astra 19 east in my frustration. Has anyone set up satellites on a Hitecbox 9000HD using a 4 to 1 down switch ? any info would be very helpful, I have my Spiderbox 9000 on at the moment no problem with any channels from any LNBs. But I must ask these question! did you have to tick the satelites before doing blind search and if you have more than one LNB did you have to set up first before doing blind scan?

Hi johnhenry, I set up my disq the following way [Sat 28.2---mini disq Off---1.0 -D---disq 1.1-off] [Sat 19.2 same as 28.2 only letter B] and for [hotbird letter c] works fine. Just a note if you looping from your spiderbox!!!!! use the same sequence has the spiderbox. Hope this helps

johnhenry
18-05-2016, 03:20 PM
After a late long night I have finally am able to say the satellite side of this box is up and working, I would say this is more an internet TV box than a satellite box it seems the satellite side was put on after the rest of the internet applications were thought out and added. Still have to say for the size of the receiver it holds a lot of surprises on the internet side which makes up for the often quirky satellite setup.

Thought I had better put over my findings which I hope will help others, remember in post #5 I said I had deleted 19e by mistake well it was easily restored by doing a factory restore which at first I was reluctant to do, however when I read the manual it states that after any update this should be done (Please remember that if you do a factory restore you must first save channels lists and settings to a memory stick ) When the factory restore was finished it still had the correct latest update from the firware, and still had the Mscam number, thankfully on the satellite side 19 east was back so I could start again.

What is quirky, is setting up the LNB side as jbvid had said in post #2.
Because I was using a 4 to 1 switch from four separate fixed LNBs I ended up using the DiSEqC 1 for my four LNBS Hotbird set to A, ( Primary LNB) Astra 19e set to B, Thor set to C and finally D set to Astra 28east. This part of using the DiSEqC 1 you do have to set up in the LNB setup, best to do one LNB at a time and scan that LNB before moving on to the next, and especially do not forget to tick the satellite before scanning. ( and as rioseco said if you use a loop through to always set up the same sequence on both boxes).
One thing I have to point out is the very strange colour they have picked out to show the satellite signal strength and the quality strength, firstly they are both the same very pale cream colour, and I have to say both my signal strength and quality strength for this receiver were both 99 percent so it was rather funny now when I think back to early yesterday the colour reminded me of my old sat box's colour when I had no signal or quality and this is exactly what I though at that time, I sat there getting quite annoyed until the signal suddenly dropped and I noticed the movement. As I said 99 percent fills the space when I put on my Spiderbox later my LNBS were giving more natural strengths of 80/90 percent.
Once you have scanned your LNBs and you start setting up your favorites take your time, always wait a moment on each channel as I found out some take a while to clear. Setting up the favorites is also quite quirky or it just might be the way I was doing this, it seems there was a lot of button pushing to achieve each channel.
Well I now have the Hitech up and running I hope in the years ahead internet boxes will be alot easier to manage. It does look as if satellite TV is on the way out which is sad really. I have had a good run in this field since getting into the hobby back in 2008 and will say after setting up the satellite side of this new Hitech- box my Spiderbox 9000HD was like Rolls Royce, well lets get real! a reliable and easy Morris 1000 of which I had three, the oldest 1953. Well do hope my notes help. Best johnhenry.

dog-man
18-05-2016, 03:50 PM
I get my box tomorrow. I assume it will already have the latest firmware / patch on it, or do I have to flash it?

johnhenry
18-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi dog-man you will need to flash the latest Box HB9000 Patch 08/04/16 firmware, I think there is a newer one but it has not yet been posted by blackdevil, but you can read about it in firmware. Best to print out jbvid's set up notes to help you through the process they really are a great help.The box has some really interesting features on the internet side especially for those who enjoy sport. Because you have to use and press the enter button many times in some of the vod features I wonder just how long that enter button will last! Because of the receivers size makes it easy find a place for it, mine is sitting just under the left hand side of my television next to the television stand the gap is only 2 inches.