PDA

View Full Version : Clarification re backup Hitechbox

johnhenry
19-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Hi last night had a moment of madness, I was trying out the new editor and while I was learning how to use I uploaded my satellite channel list. Sadly without thinking I did not save and down loaded back to Hitechbox. Went on Hi techbox Satellite tonight and no channel list, a couple of weeks ago I backed up on to a flash memory stick. I checked the stick this evening on the computer to see what is on there, I have BACKUP file which is a datbase.bin file, also Hi techbox BACKUP file which is All_flash_rom.bin file. To load my Satellite list back into the receiver do I use the datbase.bin file? just want to clarify before I go ahead.

jbvid
19-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Hi
Its in the setup guide (Database Bin)
""PLEASE ALSO NOTE: If you have a channel list loaded remember to save it first.
Put a USB Stick in, go to Main menu, To second icon screen, Upgrade and Backup, Backup in USB, Backup Database, use the preset 'database.bin' and press the FAV button on remote to save.""
jb

johnhenry
19-07-2016, 11:05 PM
jbvid thanks for your advice, now up and running again. Decided to make a positive of my stupid mistake by rescanning on all satellites with Blind scan and tidying up my lists, certainly will now backup for the future. Best johnhenry :respect-066: