PDA

View Full Version : S1600CHD low signal quality

djmo121
13-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Hi guys, I have a S3500HDCCI downstairs in the lounge and the signal quality works like a charm on Hotbird 13e.

My issue is when I'm using the S1600CHD upstairs that the signal quality becomes the problem. The signal quality is really bad. I do have Astra 28.2e on both, which work really well. Canal Sports 2 HD literally has 0% signal quality sometimes.

Is it time to call the satellite man or a new satellite box? I am using a dual LNB for Astra and Hotbird.

echelon
13-08-2016, 01:59 PM
try the good receiver in place of the bad one

this will tell you if it is the box , or the feed , or the lnb , or maybe alignment

if the good one (3500) works upstairs , then its a problem with the 1600

djmo121
13-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Thanks echelon. Why didn't I think of that? (stupid me ��)

djmo121
13-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Right, just found out that there's definitely something wrong with the dish or wiring. I did bring the S3500HDCCI upstairs and some Hotbird channels weren't working (as expected). It is strange however that the signal strength was really high but the signal quality was low.

villamarre
16-08-2016, 07:32 PM
how old is the cable as it definitely has a limited life span here in S Spain,are the cables the same age,another way to prove if its cable is swap over at lnb and see if the problem moves to other box,if so then the cable/connector maybe faulty,its worth remaking the connexion before replacing cable,any moisture in cable will knacker it as well.

djmo121
24-08-2016, 08:11 PM
how old is the cable as it definitely has a limited life span here in S Spain,are the cables the same age,another way to prove if its cable is swap over at lnb and see if the problem moves to other box,if so then the cable/connector maybe faulty,its worth remaking the connexion before replacing cable,any moisture in cable will knacker it as well.

Just saw your message. I had another go at my downstairs box. It's seems that the S1600CHD is not a very good receiver. I think I'm going to try and find a better receiver and call the satellite man once I have enough money to pay him.

The cable is new because I had it installed 2 months ago. However I always noticed that the one of the connections from the hotbird lnb was cracked and I thought maybe he didn't install it properly.

It's quite frustrating because the best football games happen on Canal+ Sport 2 HD.