PDA

View Full Version : Channel update sat settings disappear

maclads
14-08-2016, 08:12 PM
How come when i download and put a new channel list on my 6000hd all the diseq motor settings go to none on all sats, surly I dont have to manually set the sat settings every time?

Thanks David

Aldo
14-08-2016, 09:31 PM
How come when i download and put a new channel list on my 6000hd all the diseq motor settings go to none on all sats, surly I dont have to manually set the sat settings every time?

Thanks David

Surely you have read this:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

and Yes you do have to store all Sats again, especially if it is someone else's channel list.

echelon
14-08-2016, 10:09 PM

Thanks David

in a word

yes

yes you do

maclads
15-08-2016, 05:11 PM
what a ball ache :banghead: lol

echelon
15-08-2016, 05:31 PM
as is doing your own from scratch , which you would have to do if people werent kind enough to do most of the hard work for you

factory reset your box , then do it all yourself and try to arrange it in the same format as say a compass list

or do as compass does and use the editor to make a new list , then try it on your box

it always amazes me how little work people expect to do with technology, and sly exploit this with their "leave it to us" boxes