PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt Installing STC 3250 Combo patched firmware V1.6.70 from USB?

anthoney
16-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Hello as one or two of you already know I'm an ignorant nube so please bear with my basic questions. I don't want to brick my new toy. I have tried to read relavent threads but am still wary of my own ignorance.

I want to install coldasice's firmware on my new STC3250 using USB. My only internet is 4g tethering and my ralink WiFi dongle won't arrive for a month so this is my only option.

I currently have a portable hard drive connected. Can I use this?

Do I have to do anything first? Like change reseller id? Change the bootloader?

As the box supports USB upgrading in the menu is it safe?

File path just says UDA so I put a UDA folder in root and put the file in there?

There are several options to singly select or combine channel list, software and bootloader.

From coldasice's notes on the firmware and that this box supports USB upgrades anyway I'm assuming I can ignore the bootloader option unless advised otherwise.

So after doing a USB backup first I just choose software plus channel list and press start?

Wait for it to do its thing and marvel at the resultant improvement and the work others have put in to make it so easy for me?

Any mistakes there? Any omissions? Any advice at all on ensuring a smooth and above all, safe, upgrade?