PDA

View Full Version : HD9000: Q 03: STB Smart Client?

tinto de verano
28-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Hi.

First of all, I downloaded the apk file from here, version 1.0.0, and installed it on my Nexus 7 2013, but it would close/crash as soon as I tried to open it.

Luckily it can be upgraded through the Play Store and it solves that problem.

Unfortunately, it fails to connect.

The app can see my wireless network (to which my Nexus 7 is connected), but it fails to connect.

I am wondering...

My HD9000 is connected to the network through Powerline (I do not have Wireless dongle).

I hope that is not the problem.

I mean, do you need a Wireless USB dongle/connection on the HD9000 to be able to used STB Smart Client?

Hopefully not.

Thanks for letting me know and for pointing out how to get STB Smart Client to connect.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
01-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Hi,

Any luck anyone?

Any advice?

Thanks.

tinto de verano

blackdevil
01-09-2016, 09:30 PM
It works with my mobile and tablet. Menu/ Network / Network Control / Web remote --> ON
There is one issue, it doesn't show all channels if you scan too many.
There will be a fix soon.
Do not use the .apk from Play store because it is not compatible with HitechBox.

tinto de verano
01-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Hi blackdevil.
Yes, I had seen that menu option and set it to On.
Ok, I will uninstall the version from the Play Store, and install again the one in here (although when I tried it would close/crash).
Thanks for all your help.
tinto de verano

tinto de verano
01-09-2016, 10:14 PM
I am afraid that after uninstalling the version from the Play Store (which did not connect), I put back version 1 from here and..."unfortunately, STB Smart Cleint has stopped!. Same as before.
So maybe it is not compatible with my Nexus 2013 with the latest software.
Ok, no big deal, I can live without it, but it would have been nice to have it.
Thanks.
tinto de verano

tinto de verano
08-09-2016, 09:01 PM
It works with my mobile and tablet. Menu/ Network / Network Control / Web remote --> ON
There is one issue, it doesn't show all channels if you scan too many.
There will be a fix soon.
Do not use the .apk from Play store because it is not compatible with HitechBox.

Hi blackdevil,

Any update/fix for the app so that it doesn't crash on the opening dialogue and so that it shows all channels?

As usual: thanks for your great help.

tinto de verano

traveller
10-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I am also having problems which I didn't have with Marshmallow but with Nougat it just FC. Nexus 9 wifi, Android 7.0 Build NRD90R, Android security patch 6th September. The play store one doesn't FC but it tries to connect but fails.

tinto de verano
10-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the info.

tinto de verano

traveller
11-09-2016, 09:15 AM
This morning I downloaded the Play version to my Samsung S3 Android 4.3 and this works. I did this on my Tablet and still doesn't connect. I am using ethernet for the box.

tinto de verano
11-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the extra info.

I admit I still have not tried it on my (relatively new) phone (HTC 10, Android 6.0.1) because the apk here was not from the Play Store... I did not want to mess up the phone (not so worried about messing up the old tablet).

I might try the one from the Play Store on on my phone later today and report back.

I am also using ethernet/Powerline for the box., by the way.

Thanks again.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
11-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Hello again.

I could not resist it... I just installed STB Smart Client from the Play Store on my HTC 10... and "Not Connected".

So probably none of the 2 versions of STB Smart Client is compatible with Android 6. Just a guess, as traveller managed to connect with Android 4.3.

Another guess, my WiFi is 5G (Virgin SuperHub2). Maybe STB Smart Client is not compatible with 5G.

@traveller, is your WiFi 5G or 2G?

Thanks.

tinto de verano

blackdevil
11-09-2016, 12:52 PM
We are working of some issues then we will make a new version of .apk
We need a little time.

tinto de verano
11-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Perfect.

No rush.

Still so much to learn and try... thanks for this lovely little box and your great support.

tinto de verano

traveller
11-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Hello again.

I could not resist it... I just installed STB Smart Client from the Play Store on my HTC 10... and "Not Connected".

So probably none of the 2 versions of STB Smart Client is compatible with Android 6. Just a guess, as traveller managed to connect with Android 4.3.

Another guess, my WiFi is 5G (Virgin SuperHub2). Maybe STB Smart Client is not compatible with 5G.

@traveller, is your WiFi 5G or 2G?

Thanks.

tinto de verano

wifi 5G

Thanks Blackdevil for the heads up. :)

tinto de verano
29-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Any news on this?

I just tried installing the Smart Client APK from here... it is not installing anymore on my Nexus 7 2013 (it used to install, and then ForceClose).

I tried the app from the Play Store, and it install OK, it finds the box, although named Avalink SetTopBox, I seem to remember. But I cannot connect to it.

Thanks.

tinto de verano