PDA

View Full Version : 6000HD new motor problems

KARABANGA
30-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Hi. Can someone tell me if the new Tm2600 Mk3 motor is ok for the 6000. Reason i am asking is because i bought one of these motors yesterday ( brand new ) and when i connect it to the box it keeps rebooting the box. Tried a different cable but same problem. The cables work fine when connecting to the LNB only. I also tried motor and cables on a TM5400 and works perfect. Any advice appreciated.

Regards.

den123
30-08-2016, 07:44 AM
seems u have a short some where

voyager1972
30-08-2016, 01:28 PM
i used the tm 2600 with my spiderbox 6000hd and had issues with allighnment,,,,the dish would always get off track...couldnt get to the bottom of it,,so i went back and tried the dreambox and zgemma receivers both worked fine with no issues...i put it down to a compatability issues.

KARABANGA
30-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Hi I think also that its to do with compatibility. Motor works fine on different receivers using the same cables. For some reason the 6000 does not like the TM2600 motor. I will try a different patch and see if it makes any difference.

Regards

Graham99
12-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Reported back in April that this box is unable to control my 'cryptic h2h' motor with any accuracy....

See thread on 'useless usals'.

It can find 39,28,23.5, 19, 13, 5w and 30w.....but is useless between 10e and 5w....can find none..
Confident that it's a software issue....

Can it be resolved?.

Graham99.
Beswick.

satpaul
12-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Reported back in April that this box is unable to control my 'cryptic h2h' motor with any accuracy....

See thread on 'useless usals'.

It can find 39,28,23.5, 19, 13, 5w and 30w.....but is useless between 10e and 5w....can find none..
Confident that it's a software issue....

Can it be resolved?.

Graham99.
Beswick.

The Cryptic Stab motor works with any diseqc receiver 100% I have one have set over 100 Spiderboxes 6000's on it with no problems

jbvid
12-10-2016, 02:08 PM
@ Graham99
Hi
If in the UK your reference Sat should be set up on Thor 0.8w ? So you must be able to view this Sat, its the highest Sat on the Arc from the UK.
Thor is the only one worth scanning IMO in your missing range. 10e and 5w.
jb

Satcat
12-10-2016, 05:11 PM
@ Graham99
Hi
If in the UK your reference Sat should be set up on Thor 0.8w ? So you must be able to view this Sat, its the highest Sat on the Arc from the UK.
Only if your longitude is 0.8W If you happen live in SW scotland, it would be Eutelsat 5 West.

My longitude is 2.7W so Hellas Sat 3W is my due south, the highest sat on the arc.

KARABANGA
13-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Hi. I know my problem was a while ago but i managed to solve it by changing the power lead.. I was using a different power lead from another receiver and i dont think it liked it. Although the box would come up ok but when trying to use the motor it would reboot itself. As for using USALS in my opinion it should make no difference which satellite you line it up on . In London i have lined up motors using different satellites and still works ok. Important thing to remember is the motor elevation setting and dish angles. Once USALS has found the first satellite the rest should come in although you may need to tweak it a bit until its perfect. Always bear in mind what size dish you have and make sure you have up to date frequencies for the sats you wish to find.. Regards.

satwyn
13-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi. I know my problem was a while ago but i managed to solve it by changing the power lead.. I was using a different power lead from another receiver and i dont think it liked it. Although the box would come up ok but when trying to use the motor it would reboot itself. As for using USALS in my opinion it should make no difference which satellite you line it up on . In London i have lined up motors using different satellites and still works ok. Important thing to remember is the motor elevation setting and dish angles. Once USALS has found the first satellite the rest should come in although you may need to tweak it a bit until its perfect. Always bear in mind what size dish you have and make sure you have up to date frequencies for the sats you wish to find.. Regards.yes true you can line it up on any sat but from 0 position you will need the highest point on the arc here it's 4w amos does the job or even 5w if the dish is too small for amos

satpaul
14-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi. I know my problem was a while ago but i managed to solve it by changing the power lead.. I was using a different power lead from another receiver and i dont think it liked it. Although the box would come up ok but when trying to use the motor it would reboot itself. As for using USALS in my opinion it should make no difference which satellite you line it up on . In London i have lined up motors using different satellites and still works ok. Important thing to remember is the motor elevation setting and dish angles. Once USALS has found the first satellite the rest should come in although you may need to tweak it a bit until its perfect. Always bear in mind what size dish you have and make sure you have up to date frequencies for the sats you wish to find.. Regards.

your reed sensor could be faulty in your motor have two in my garage like that
Also your LNB could be drawing to much power

necpl56
28-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Having issues with my HD6000 and TM 2600 removed motor and will try driving it direct from box to see if it works. Setting it on zero which I did on first installation years ago but wondering now which sat to set it on in North Yorkshire

Mickha
28-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Your Longitude reading is your ttrue south, usually, using USALS, you 0 your dish, and LNB, then use your receiver, once your latitude, and longitude, have been entered, to move it to a satellite of your choice.
In your case you might as well use 1W.
Positive Longitude readings = East, negative = West.

jbvid
28-12-2016, 08:05 PM
@necpl56
Hi
I have the TM 2600 and set mine up to Thor, it has some strong transponders so easy to find, I am in the Midlands.
Mickha beat me
jb

KARABANGA
29-12-2016, 01:59 AM
Hi Any satellite is easy to find really so long as its available for your country and you have correct dish size and up to date frequencies . If you have a motor and using USALS it should make no difference which satellite you line up with - its just a question of getting the elevation and dish angles correct. Remember just by lining it up on 1west does not guarantee anything without making adjustments as you go along... Regards

necpl56
29-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Thanks everybody and are there any strong fat channels on 1 W to lock onto..all angles/ inclinations were ok and only very strong winds used to move it. This was working then just went and dish hadn't moved as all my lining up marks were spot on

Mickha
29-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Try william-1's strongest transponder list:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173344-Strongest-TV-Transponders&highlight=william-1

echelon
29-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks everybody and are there any strong fat channels on 1 W to lock onto..all angles/ inclinations were ok and only very strong winds used to move it. This was working then just went and dish hadn't moved as all my lining up marks were spot on

yes , fta ones include

al jazeera english 12418 V 28000

CCTV News 12418 V 28000

Sly News 12418 V 28000

necpl56
30-12-2016, 01:45 AM
@ echelon Thanks for those and gives me something to start with again. No play in gears so maybe a glitch between the receiver and motor.

necpl56
31-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Latest update..had to reset motor as moving to 0 with the button wouldn't work so reset and it then worked fine both east and west.