PDA

View Full Version : solo 4K upgrade from Spiderbox?

red5eddie
07-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Hi Guys.
i am thinking of upgrading to Solo 4K from spiderbox 9900HD.
any advice would be appreciated.
What would be the best image, Blackhole or Vix??
Is the EPG the same as Spiderbox, now and next??
Can i watch one program and record another with the standard Solo 4K or do i need to install an extra tuner??
Is the Duo+ a better box than the Solo 4K??
Are there many problems with the Solo 4k??

Thanks for any help available.
All the best Red5.

DCG
07-09-2016, 05:25 PM
the spec for the 4k can be found here

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K-Vu-Solo-4K.html

I would go for the 4k my self but cant fund it at the moment

as for images that's a preference I use black hole others prefer vix or othere images
that's your chouse but its easily changed to try out them all just make a back up first

red5eddie
07-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks DCG, its much appreciated.

rasp
07-09-2016, 06:08 PM

Only You can decide that

YES

Can i watch one program and record another with the standard Solo 4K or do i need to install an extra tuner??
YES

In my opinion NO

NO

echelon
07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Hi Guys.

1) What would be the best image, Blackhole or Vix??
2) Is the EPG the same as Spiderbox, now and next??
3) Can i watch one program and record another with the standard Solo 4K or do i need to install an extra tuner??
4) Is the Duo+ a better box than the Solo 4K??
5) Are there many problems with the Solo 4k??

All the best Red5.

1) different strokes for different folks !! ask 10 people and get 10 different answers

openPLI , openATV , open VIX , blackhole , everyone has their own favourite or some do what others dont do , like 27.5w for example

the choice is yours , its all down to trying them out and finding which suits you the best , like shoes or trainers :)

2) it can be , but normally they use crossepg or similar to get a 24/7 epg , either from the net or downloaded from a sat channel , the choice is yours as you setup the configuration or it has a default option when loaded , so its either preset or manually chosen

I can say that nobody would settle for "now and next" on any VU box

3) if it comes with a twin sat tuner and has 2 separate feeds from the lnb (like my solo2 has) , then yes is the answer (same as sly plus has)

4) no idea , never owned either

5) no idea , never owned either

I have a solo 2 and I am sure they both do the same as mine , and more , so cannot be a bad choice whichever you decide to buy

they are all nothing like your spiderbox , so a big learning curve , but worth it

red5eddie
07-09-2016, 08:25 PM
spot on rasp, thanks.

harddriver
07-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Hi

It reminds me 3 days ago were we have the same Discuss but ...
No the Duo+ is NOT a better Box
No the VU 4K make no Problems in the daily use
The VU 4K comes with 2 FBC Tuners look here how they Works and what they can do :
_http://www.broadcom.com/blog/television-2/broadcoms-full-band-capture-digital-tuning-that-enables-much-more-bandwidth-with-much-less-energy/
Images are a matter of taste some like this some like that i like at the moment BlackHole

red5eddie
07-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Thanks Echelon, and all the rest this has been a big help, and a know a lot to learn but thats part of the fun, it gives me an interest.

red5eddie
07-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks Harddriver, there is a lot of information on the link but i get the idea, its a big help, thanks again.

satwyn
08-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi Guys.

All the best Red5.i use vix on solo4K full 7 day epg

kegnkiwi
08-09-2016, 09:42 PM
I've got the masterg openblackhole back up image on mine at the moment and its good.