PDA

View Full Version : Fibo 1.2 feedhorn drain hole ?

cosworth4x4
16-09-2016, 09:35 PM
In the process of tidying up the 1.2 fibo , the feehorn was in a bad way internally badly corroded ive cleaned it all up but i notice what looks like a small hole size of a pin hole it too is corroded and id say possibly blocked.

i think it should be totally sealed up or should it ? and maybe just a casting mark ?

Anyone know , i cant see anything on the fibo forum .

RimaNTSS
18-09-2016, 07:28 AM
and maybe just a casting mark ?I have no doubts those holes are for draining and must be kept clean. On the very first versions of Fibo feedhorns there were no drain holes at all (#1). I just checked on several feedhorns and found out that all those holes are clean except one (#2) which I made clean now. Of course there is no water inside the feedhorns, but just a moisture from condensation as a result of changing of temperature and if feedhorn is sealed then moisture has no way out. So, you better keep those holes clean. :respect-049:
http://pimg.imagesia.com/fichiers/1ab/feedhorns_imagesia-com_1abfw_small.jpg (http://en.imagesia.com/feedhorns_1abfw)

cosworth4x4
18-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Thank you , if all goes to plan i should have it up and running sometime this week to do a comparison with my cm 1.2.

The pole the cm is mounted on is now very rusty so time to replace it before it gives up ,plan is to keep the best out of the 2 dishes and do the swap over at the time i replace the pole.

RimaNTSS
18-09-2016, 07:51 PM
The pole the cm is mounted on is now very rusty so time to replace it before it gives up ,plan is to keep the best out of the 2 dishes and do the swap over at the time i replace the pole. Comparison is good, but sometimes it is not easy to say qualitative difference. I mean, it is not easy to say: System A is working 7% better than system B.
And, BTW, pictures of your rusty pole and installation are missing. Just kidding.

cosworth4x4
18-09-2016, 08:04 PM
You really dont want to see my rusty old pole , thats what my girlfriend says :)

cosworth4x4
19-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Can you actually see through the holes in the feedhorns you have , ive cleaned out the corrotion that was in the hole but its solid cannot poke anything through.

RimaNTSS
19-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I see nothing through the holes (as front of the feedhorn is closed), but it is possible to blow air through the hole.

cosworth4x4
19-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Ok will have to do a little more poking in there as cannot even blow air through it.