PDA

View Full Version : Motorized dish with spider box

Glennlfc
30-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Hi all, firstly I'm new to all the forum so I do apologies if this post is in the wrong place or has been covered before, secondly I'm fairly new to the sbox so go easy on me lol ...

Ok I have a sbox with a standard sly dish, what I'd like to know is I'm looking to upgrade the dish to receive more European coverage, i.e. Russian channels Italian French Spanish etc. I understand that a motorized dish is a necessity but what size would be best and what brand. I live in the north west.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satwyn
30-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi all, firstly I'm new to all the forum so I do apologies if this post is in the wrong place or has been covered before, secondly I'm fairly new to the sbox so go easy on me lol ...

Ok I have a sbox with a standard sly dish, what I'd like to know is I'm looking to upgrade the dish to receive more European coverage, i.e. Russian channels Italian French Spanish etc. I understand that a motorized dish is a necessity but what size would be best and what brand. I live in the north west.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthe dish should be 60- 100cm with a diseqc motor a fixed dish can also be used with multiple lnbs on an extension bracket

johnhenry
30-09-2016, 09:20 PM
My setup is for a Spiderbox 9000 HD using a 80 cm dish with 3 LNB'S fitted. I set up on 13e as my primary to align the dish, then i fitted my secondaries 19e and Thor 0.8w all connected to 4 to 1 down switch fitted to the frame of my dish. I scanned each satelite on to my receiver first starting in with position 1 Hotbird 13e, position 2 Astra 19e, position 3 Thor 0.8w, As for my Astra 28e i ran this from my sky mini dish (Sky LNB with 4 connections 2 of which went to HD Skybox for Sky+ the third connection on the Sky LNB is a spare) the 4th Sky LNB connection is then connected to the 4 position on the down switch and scanned to position 4 on the receiver. By using the Sky dish for 28e this gives room on the 80cm dish to easily fit the 3 LNB'S for 13e, 19e AND 0.8w. Do hope this all make sense