PDA

View Full Version : no connection message

welshpaddy
13-11-2016, 12:51 AM
when i click on certain apps on my android internet tv box i get message no internet connection check your connection but i am connected via ethernet cable and this shows connected in settings menu cant understand it

Mobley2
13-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Probably means the link you clicked is dead, APPS come and go all the time.

regards mobley2

welshpaddy
14-11-2016, 09:05 PM
can get these apps to open when connected by wifi but not when connected by ethernet

trotwood
14-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Try off and on from mains

mrdude
14-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Ok, you're getting the wrong advice from some people posting here:

By default android apps are designed mostly for phones and tablets which only have WIFI connections. Some apps work on Ethernet and some don't. Some apps can be patched by decompiling them and making some changes to the code. If you have a rooted device, some patches can be made to your O/S - also there are some apps that can be installed on your device to spoof your ethernet to pretend it's wifi.

If your app is not working - switch your wifi on and ethernet off, problem solved!

welshpaddy
15-11-2016, 11:41 AM
yes i think thats the answer to the problem thanks
Ok, you're getting the wrong advice from some people posting here:

By default android apps are designed mostly for phones and tablets which only have WIFI connections. Some apps work on Ethernet and some don't. Some apps can be patched by decompiling them and making some changes to the code. If you have a rooted device, some patches can be made to your O/S - also there are some apps that can be installed on your device to spoof your ethernet to pretend it's wifi.

If your app is not working - switch your wifi on and ethernet off, problem solved!