PDA

View Full Version : Android TV box for watching the VU+DUO2's channels

vudo2
21-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Has anyone with a VU+Duo2 got a NVIDIA Shield 16 GB Android TV Box or MINIX Neo U1 Android, running the VU+ PlayerHD (Marusys) app ??

I use that app on my android tablet & my android phone for watching the VU+Duo2’s channels, which is great for me but I don’t want my kids
using those devices.

I’m looking for a “child” friendly Android TV box (Ethernet connectivity ) that will run the VU+ PlayerHD, would either of the above boxes work or is there something similar that would ??.

mrdude
21-11-2016, 08:51 PM
I have a Duo 2 + shield TV + Minix Neo X8-H, however your post is unclear because you ask if someone has got them and then go on to say you're looking for a child friendly android box.

You don't need to use that app - you can do this instead. Convert your enigma2 channels to an m3u files, then just an android IPTV player app to watch whatever channel you want. You also need to install Mx player or VLC to decode the channel audio and gfx.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.iptvremote.android. iptv&hl=en

This way is far more stable and works perfectly. Also you can control the m3u file and remove whatever channels you want + host it on any website you want which has direct file linking (your own server or altervista or any other webhost).

vudo2
22-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Thanks mrdude for your comments etc.

There I was thinking I had over-simplified my queries but in the end I must have caused confusion ---- oops

The VU+DUO2 is located in our living room.

At the moment the playroom tv has only an xbox attached to it, and the intention is to enable the kids to watch all the channels that are on the VU+DUO2, in the most simplified, child friendly way as possible by attaching either the NVIDIA Shield 16 GB Android TV Box or the MINIX Neo U1 and using the VU+ PlayerHD (Marusys) app on it -
this (I think) to be the simpliest solution (but slightly costly).
Both devices have Ethernet, which is needed.

Your option, again thanks for the suggestion, is probably way too advanced for my noob-head.

mrdude
22-11-2016, 12:57 PM
The most simplest way is just to install the IPTV app, you can store the m3u file on the android box that contains the channels from your vu+ duo2 (just convert them from enigma2 to m3u (hxxp://www.enigma-tv.com/modules/download/index.php#EnigmaTVIPTVGenerator). As soon as you start the IPTV player app all the channels get loaded automatically with no messing about with menus. You can also watch them with Kodi if you have that installed. On your router just assign the vu+ a Static IP address, then open your m3u file with notepad++ to make sure the IP is correct. You can easily test the file on a computer with VLC player. The VU+ app is very buggy and crashes a lot, IPTV and Kodi are very stable and have much easier to navigate interfaces.

Here's an m3u that took about 5 seconds to generate with that program on the link I gave you, just use notepad++ to search/replace the ip 192.168.1.240 to your own stb IP. Try it in kodi or IPTV player and you'll see what I'm talking about. (unzip it first - it's for the Sky UK 28e channels).

Also you can stream via wireless quite easily, here's a screenshot of me streaming an HD channel from my Vu Duo2 to my laptop - using VLC:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2qcf345.png

IPTV player and Kodi would just be the same.

vudo2
22-11-2016, 02:04 PM
ehhh, not just thanks mrdude, but mega thanks for all that.

Just to be sure to be sure ;
I take it the nvidia shield and / or the MINIX Neo U1, should be capable of doing what your suggesting ??

mrdude
22-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Yes both are more than capable. I have done it (do it), myself.

vudo2
25-11-2016, 03:34 PM
mrdude;

I have been offered (for free) an Amiko Alien Mini Combo, to use in the kids playroom.

I know I can watch the free satellite & terrestial channels on it, is there an IPTV App and a conversion process similar to what you mentioned above, for the Amiko ?? or

My VU+DUO2 has lots of other channels , including all Disney & Cartoon Network etc, working via OSCAM -
can the Amiko use the same Oscam files ??

You guys helped me out to setup the Oscam on the VU+Duo2 b4;

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173510-Are-OpenVix-Oscam-files-compatible-with-Open-Blackhole-v-01