At the point of Black Hole
I have tried to reinstall a new image for vu+ duo 2
Through usb....
Doesn't even come up update now
Just stuck on black hole logo on screen

Any suggestions Please

Mickha
17-12-2016, 05:23 AM
Are you using Black Hole, or Open Black Hole?
I know there is a problem, with Open Black Hole, and the last online update, there was a software error, in the last online update, that has been fixed, using a newly modified version, of Open Black Hole 0.6.
This taken from Ev0, of another forum:

Due to recent changes in the OE-A git, we recommend you do not online update OBH 0.6, as it is likely to stop your box from booting.

If you wish to update, please make a backup of your image first, and then use the new full flash update files in the 1st post of this thread. You will then be able to online update in future.

Please also remember to make periodic full backups of your image, just incase there are any future issue's, as it is outside of our control what other developers commit to the OE-A git and the build process is automated, therefore we can only fix issues when they arise but we are unable to predict them.

Please tell us if you are using Open Black Hole 0.6, or Black Hole 3.0.2.
If it is Open Black Hole 0.6 I have uploaded the updated version:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?175517-Fix-for-Open-Black-Hole-0-6-online-update-problem&p=958795#post958795

trucker
17-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Thanks Mickha.

Open Black Hole. 0.6

Just tried your usb release that you have posted. my box is frozen in time .(as if it doesn't recognise usb) still Black hole on screen
looks like I should give up.......bloody thing,, Christmas as well.. Lol

Problem is....... I'm away a lot , and when I get home I fiddle,
Is this box now unusable for the foreseeable future

If so..........LEE......... where are you

Mickha
17-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Try flashing Black Hole 3.0.2, using a diufferent, FAT 32 formatted, USB stick, but hold down the front power button, just after switching back on, and see if the Du0 2 recognizes the new USB stick.
There is a Telnet command, again posted by Ev0:

There was an error in the software update, that has now been fixed.

To get the update you will need to use telnet and use this command:
opkg update && opkg upgrade

Afterwards reboot your box.

trucker
17-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks Mickha

will try later. off xmas shopping and top of the list .USB stick, if it works I put something in the pot,
Will post the result later either way
Thanks Again

trucker
17-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Mickha.

Its Seems its completely frozen. Tried as you said

flashing Black Hole 3.0.2, using a different, FAT 32 formatted, USB stick, but hold down the front power button, just after switching back on, and see if the Du0 2 recognizes the new USB stick.
nothing.
tried to see if it would connect to VuCC.V08 No connection

any suggestion would help

Mickha
17-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Try the Dreambox Control Centre, to see if it picks up your receivers IP address:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?155335-Latest-Version-of-DCC-E2-v1-50

Click on the Suchen option, under dreambox, the Suche, and it should pick up all your attached network devices.

trucker
17-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Sorry Mickha

Mickha
17-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Still nothing showing?

DCG
17-12-2016, 08:34 PM
got this from black hole

Description:
simular to dremUp for Dreamboxes
Flash your Vu+ via serial RS 232

DCG
17-12-2016, 08:36 PM
pdf instructions

trucker
18-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Thanks DCG

going to have to get a Null modem cable . mines disappeared years ago...
will report back during Christmas ( off to work)

jrbmw
19-12-2016, 04:30 PM
You may need to reinstall the bootloader first then the image

jrbmw
19-12-2016, 04:34 PM
For the duo2

trucker
20-12-2016, 06:50 AM
Cheers Guys....not back till Xmas eve..I wasn't cruel . I left her with a zero box.
It's something
Thank you all again

Mickha
20-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Take care Trucker, and have a safe trip.

Jimdefruit
20-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Before doing anything drastic, try disconnecting lan cable, and any other connections such as other usb sticks maybe HDD drive as well. Turn off power supply for about 30 seconds turn power back on and try to reboot.

trucker
24-12-2016, 05:16 AM
jimdefruit.. done as you said ,been off for the week .still the same buddy, Thanks anyway

mrdude
24-12-2016, 06:27 AM
If you get a black hole logo, it's not the CFE - you should really NEVER/EVER mess about with the CFE as you can permanently brick you box. The CFE is like a BIOS on a computer and deals with the low level hardware and is just a very basic set of instructions. The main O/S is the firmware which is flashed on a different partition on you flash chip - the fact you get a logo showing proves the CFE is working fine and you have a problem with the image.

First thing you should do is disconnect any hard drives and usb drives connected to your STB.

Make sure you use a good usb stick, format it to fat32 and then copy your firmware files on to it. Plug in the FRONT usb port (under the front flap), then turn the STB on from the power socket or power switch, your USB drive will then be read - just press the power button under the front flap and the box should tell you it's reading the USB and flashing the firmware from the USB drive. If your STB doesn't show this - try using a new USB stick.

Like I say - never mess about with your CFE, the chances of this being the problem are about a million to one.

I you want to figure what's wrong with your box, the best way to check is to connect the box to your PC with a null modem cable (if you only have a usb port on your computer, use a usb serial adapter along with the null modem cable) and start a terminal program such as putty so you can view the output. Remember and set the com port to 115200. This will show you what's up with your box and why it's failing to load the firmware or flash from USB.

jrbmw
24-12-2016, 07:34 AM
It was suggested on the BH forum that the online update corrupted the bootloader and to reload first before the image.It turned out the reason was a change in the oe alliance git and a reflash was needed.The obh image before that update cannot be updated.

Jimdefruit
24-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Hi trucker, have you tried flashing a different image? I have tried them all and always end up with the VTI image. It is the most solid and configurable image and does not have problems with mounts the way I find Blackhole does.

trucker
24-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Just to say thanks to everyone for their contribution,
but I have tried USB, serial, but just wont do anything.
Still the same, screen frozen,,,,

Merry Christmas
Trucker

cosworth4x4
24-12-2016, 08:41 PM
i had same problem today , use the latest open black hole image if you have the same fault after installing image and updated you not got the latest version , remove any usb stick from rear and it will work.

Mickha
24-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Try disconnecting everything, including any USB devices, as mentioned by cosworth4x4, the internal hard drive, if you have one, and the LNB co-ax cable, then try re-loading the new Open Blackhole 0.6.
It seems to have worked for everyone else, so I'm wondering if you have a secondary problem.

trucker
26-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Looks like there is more to this than meets the eye as they say
I had lots of fun ,,,,but even the serial wont connect
yep, correct comport, etc.
and I'm beginning to like the Black hole logo on the small TV I used as a monitor, adds to the décor

Thanks Again everyone

only one question who do I send it to for repair, any suggestions (I will speak to Lee in the New Year)
OH...I'm in South Wales
Cheers

Happy New Year

Mickha
26-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Try downloading the Open Blackhole 0.6 repair file again, from a different source, just in case the one I uploaded has become corrupted, or your download file is corrupted.
Did you try any different/earlier images?
Did you dis-connect everything, including the internal Hard Drive, and the co-ax cables?

trucker
26-12-2016, 02:38 PM
I owe you guys a beer...Mickha. I owe you two. For sticking with me...
Yes it's. Rebooted....
Strange thing is..every thing has been disconnected for days
This time I disconnected every connector in the box..nothing to lose
Left for an hour. Reassembled
Went back to the old USB stick
Front panel....and bingo
Thanks again

Mickha
26-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I just wish we'd managed to help earlier, at least you had another receiver, for Christmas.
Perhaps it was just a loose connection, and you fixed it yourself.
Enjoy what's left of Christmas trucker, happy viewing.