PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Fix For My Now Useless Box?

gibson
18-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Is there any other method of restoring the frozen HitechBox HB9000 to a the working state it was before the latest software download from, I believe, Black Devil and his team. I've tried the "force_upgrade_rom.bin" procedure with the "OK OK" a thousand times to no avail. The USB stick always states Open File Fail.
I think there must be a lot of users suffering the same problem. Over to you Black Devil!

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

KARABANGA
18-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi Not familiar with your type of box but is it possible to reinstall software using the serial cable RS232 method?? I have reinstalled software on Spiderboxes using this method so it may work for your box . Regards

satwyn
18-12-2016, 03:20 PM
try another usb stick

jbvid
18-12-2016, 03:22 PM
@ gibson
The “USB stick states Open File Fail” points to the problem, corrupted download file, faulty USB stick, or not carrying out the correct procedure. The download firmware files seem to have a .rar extension, so use WinRar.
Download the file again and use a different USB stick., also try the rename to force_upgrade_rom without the .bin. I have done it previously without the .bin
And have a read of the link below.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173531-software-patch-error-on-new-Hitech-9000
jb

Unionbass
18-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Hi Gibson. I can tell you what does work and hopefully it will work for you. A box crashed after the latest smart+++ld download. So the 2.1.82 patch was downloaded, it was renamed as advised, but it did not load via usb. The bin extension was missing so that was added, the usb stick was placed in the other usb slot (on the right of the box) and the patch loaded after pressing okokok. So recheck the download, make sure it is unpacked properly, try it with or without the bin extension (as advised by javid). I know this procedure does work so check usb stick, software is unpacked correctly etc Good luck!

traveller
18-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Hi Not familiar with your type of box but is it possible to reinstall software using the serial cable RS232 method?? I have reinstalled software on Spiderboxes using this method so it may work for your box . Regards

You should confuse the member by quoting another device. It doesn't have a RS232 socket.

@gibson As said try another USB stick.

Aldo
18-12-2016, 07:54 PM
You should confuse the member by quoting another device. It doesn't have a RS232 socket.

Quite correct, referring to what works with the spiderbox 6000, could confuse members with the Hitech receiver, whilst they may have similar options available ie, IPTV, they are different receivers, different suffix, channel editor etc, etc.

mondouble
18-12-2016, 08:43 PM
yes but for info on **** you can find a rs232 cable sold as programing cable for hitechbox hd 9000 so zhy it is not do***ented ... too much confidential ?

saintomer1866
18-12-2016, 09:32 PM
There is nothing 'confidential' going on here and just to clarify this, here is the rear view of the Hitechbox 9000
(please click for larger image)
as you can see there is NOT an rs232 connection
so if anyone says there is and tries to sell you something they are being deceitful

St.O

jallen01
18-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Any chance of success using an RS232-to-usb converter cable would work - with the right s/w on the PC to set the Com port etc. -so that you can run the RS232 s/w via that?

waverider
19-12-2016, 12:22 AM
I thought the same as you.
I have now restored it to its original state.

KARABANGA
19-12-2016, 01:15 AM

Hi How can you confuse people if you are trying to help them. All modern receivers as far as i am aware have ability to transfer files via serial cable RS232 ie cable to cable or cable to USB. Its very simple really. Regards

Aldo
19-12-2016, 01:46 AM
I thought the same as you.
I have now restored it to its original state.

Using which method, as your info maybe useful to other members with a similar problem. ???

mondouble
19-12-2016, 08:48 AM
saintomer1866
i a, very sorry for you the rs232 plug is just on the same side as the power plug and the name is written on..
So you have to put your glasses or perhaps there is some special model just for you or for me?

Aldo
19-12-2016, 09:53 AM
What saintomer1866 said is " as you can see there is NOT an rs232 connection ". he did not say that the receiver cannot be connnected by an rs232 to usb cable, and the port that you refer to is a usb port.

JOE.MADDISON
19-12-2016, 11:32 AM
i seem to remember bd saying in a post some time ago that the special rs232 lead was not supplied with the box and had to be found elseware

mondouble
19-12-2016, 11:38 AM
take off your glasses and clik on the picture - it seem that you can read rs232 if you look a special one with a plug like a stereo one - perhaps it s not a good way of life in this forum to be on an other advice than a super moderator?
i just said that it exist an rs232 port that is not do***ented and with no software to use it ... and i ask for better info about this powerfull box not as do***ented as others
best regards m8

gibson
19-12-2016, 02:18 PM
A big "Thankyou" to all on this thread who have endeavoured to help me. This morning I purchased another USB stick and loaded the posted software into it and on the third attempt and many "OK, OK's" it's downloaded onto the stb.
This afternoon I'll be busy resetting it up. Again, a massive thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this great forum!

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

JOE.MADDISON
19-12-2016, 03:28 PM
all usb sticks are not the same,pleased you got a compatable one,as far as the rs232 socket no one has used it as far as we know,no info has been released, as to seller of the special lead,or if the socket works or not.if we find out about rs backdoor it will be posted on the forum,until then no advice apart from a good usb stick a good download ,and yes try ,try and so on....we didnot make it we only use it...

saintomer1866
19-12-2016, 06:26 PM
@mondouble
please forgive me for my ignorance as all the serial ports I have had on my PC's and STB's have been of the 9 pin D-Sub type

but on further investigation it appears that you can indeed get a 9 pin D-Sub to 3.5mm lead for repairing/flashing some receivers so you are quite correct.

St.O

mondouble
19-12-2016, 07:10 PM
saintomer1866
as it can be seen on your shema it s a full 9 pin standard rs232, but you are never obliged to use all the pins some protocol use only 3 if i remember emit /receive / and clear to send..
best regards

donegalman
19-12-2016, 11:30 PM
well gibson i had same problem i upgraded and box would not fire up again, i put in usb and renamed file, after hours of trying pressing ok button, i then renamed file with the bin file included, first time it worked a treat, hope this helps. (donegalman)

KARABANGA
20-12-2016, 03:28 AM
Hi some info regarding RS232 method
1) RS232 cable connected to computer needs to have correct types of 9pins ie female to female or female to male
2) RS232 to USB needs correct 9 pin connection either male or female.
3) Correct loader for type of receiver - loader will contain setup for transferring file to receiver. For Spiderboxes you can use Hyper Terminal function if your PC has one or you should be able to get loader from manufacturers website.
4) Correct file to transfer to receiver.

Regards

c31
04-02-2017, 07:08 PM
if u use force upgrade rom make sure your usb stick is in fat

gbmitie
04-02-2017, 09:35 PM
just for info here is the rs232 with jack and I must admit its neat.

cosworth4x4
04-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Im surprised anyone is making a receiver with a rs232 port anymore , how many years ago did you see laptops or pc's with them.

or are they still used for factory flashing ?

CokeAddict
05-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Im surprised anyone is making a receiver with a rs232 port anymore , how many years ago did you see laptops or pc's with them.

or are they still used for factory flashing ?
Your Ultimo4K has an rs232 port on it ;)

cosworth4x4
05-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Yeah i Know , thats why i asked is it used for factory flashing , as we use usb on them.

CokeAddict
05-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Yeah i Know , thats why i asked is it used for factory flashing , as we use usb on them.

Not that I know of.