PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem HELP

trevormander
06-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Hi got a vu duo which had a few years now on latest vix image with cross epg but when i download epg it gets stuck and freezes so got to turn box on and off so only got a couple of programs on screen I have flashed with another vix image but still the same took cross epg off and reloaded again any ideas please

echelon
06-01-2017, 11:25 AM
use a rear usb stick and point crossepg at it for saving and loading your epg (not the internal flash or hdd)

trevormander
06-01-2017, 11:49 AM
already done still same

echelon
06-01-2017, 12:13 PM
how much percentage of the flash memory is in use ?

ideally you want less than 90% and preferably less than 80%

memory issues are worse on the DUO 1 because it doesnt have enough for modern images , a solo 2 works much better

alternatively , if its a few years old , maybe its having component trouble as some caps can dry out on the DUO 1

trevormander
06-01-2017, 01:30 PM
think I will just do a factory restore if that don't work invest in a vu solo do they record same as duo

echelon
06-01-2017, 01:36 PM
yes, you fit (or buy one with hdd already fitted) a 2.5 inch laptop type hdd inside like on the suo1 and add your usb stick to a rear usb port

very similar to use but much faster and a much better product (I did the same myself)

I hope you meant a VU SOLO 2 , not a vu solo

Burnham
06-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Before you give up, try setting up a swap file on either the hard drive (best) or the USB drive (if no HDD). Choose a maximum size swap file.

I have an old Duo1 and it does crash occasionally. I have been running CrossEPG on a daily basis without problems for some time. The Swap file helps with my Duo1.