PDA

View Full Version : Hitech box expired

jeetley2
01-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Hi My Hitech box mscamd expired this morning. Now I can't open any free view channels either. Displaying no signal. Looks like with the expiry of mscam the satellite viewing is killed altogether as well. May be Blackdevil wants us to buy a new Box. Regards

Mickha
01-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Freeview is the terrestrial version, Freesat is the satellite version, and the expiry of your mscam shouldn't affect freesat.
I would first check your dish, LNB, and connections, to ensure that you still have a signal, then try manually scanning in some freesat channels.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

If they still don't work please post back, with some more details, and, if possible, some pictures, of your dish/LNB, and receiver settings.

jeetley2
01-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the reply. My dish and Lnb are perfectly ok. Box was ok last night. I have checked with my old Spiderbox 6000 and all the free view channels are opening fine on Spiderbox. I believe it is something to do with the expiry of mscamd.

evens
01-02-2017, 09:55 AM
my box expired to but did not lose freesat channels.

Mickha
01-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Try doing a factory reset, or loading a different patch.
The only thing the expiry, of mscam, will do is show the scrambled channel message, instead of opening the programs.

jeetley2
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Thanks Mickha for the reply. I did put few months old patch and did the factory reset. It got stuck on Standby after loading the patch and wouldn't come out. I done the force-upgrade-rom which brought the box to life. I have put the old patch again first to see if its working. Box now work. It was bit puzzling why the box wasn't reading no signal suddenly which prompted me to think may be something to do with mscamd expiry time. Still can't understand why this sudden glitch corrupted the box s/w. Any how thanks every one. Regards

jeetley2
06-02-2017, 06:30 PM
hi, As my Hitech box mscamd expired on 1st Feb this year I had PM Blackdevil on 25-1-2017 about the procedure to extend the mscamd further but no answer. May be I have to buy a new box. But I am not sure what's the future for Hitech box. As rumours are going around that the orientation of encryption system is changing soon I am confused about the box's future capabilities. Your opinion please. Thanks