PDA

View Full Version : How to add Cats eye setting for satellites

cricketbattony
09-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Good morning lovely people

Please i woulkd like to know how to add in the simplest format cats eye settings to my Vu 4k solo so that i can update all my satellites on my motor dish

i have read the threads and cannot get my head round all this ftp business,when i tried to do cccam ftp before i cocked up my vu duo 2 and lost all my settings

then my cccam provider changed my lines and i could not reset them until i was advised to use the softcam concierge which i found very easy and thanks to who developed that software.so you see my dilema i dare not do anything because i may lose everything

i am using a vix image the one with the tree scenery on it but not the latest as i may again lose my current settings if i tried to update to the latest image

i am not computer literate but once shown can learn,also how do i add powervu and tandberg softcams

please if i am asking something wrong please forgive and i am sorry

but if i can be helped please help me

many thanks

respectfully

cricketbattony

my dish travels the arc from 42 east to 30 west

hda5
09-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Unzip the catseye channel list to a folder on your local hard drive.
Then use VuCC to upload the channel list.

Download VuCC Here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168091-VuCC-Vu-Control-Centre-V0-8

catseye
09-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Good morning lovely people

Please i woulkd like to know how to add in the simplest format cats eye settings to my Vu 4k solo so that i can update all my satellites on my motor dish

i have read the threads and cannot get my head round all this ftp business,when i tried to do cccam ftp before i cocked up my vu duo 2 and lost all my settings

then my cccam provider changed my lines and i could not reset them until i was advised to use the softcam concierge which i found very easy and thanks to who developed that software.so you see my dilema i dare not do anything because i may lose everything

i am using a vix image the one with the tree scenery on it but not the latest as i may again lose my current settings if i tried to update to the latest image

i am not computer literate but once shown can learn,also how do i add powervu and tandberg softcams

please if i am asking something wrong please forgive and i am sorry

but if i can be helped please help me

many thanks

respectfully

cricketbattony

my dish travels the arc from 42 east to 30 west

1.Download & unzip Dreamset (latest version)
2.Download most recent dated settings file from here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162022-CATSEYE-E2-settings-lists-(VARIOUS-SATELLITES)that you wish to install on your box
3.Set up the Dreamset software to work with your box
4. Locate the unzipped file on your pc & open until you locate the lamedb file
5.Open up the lamedb file using dreamset until the file appears on your pc screen
6.Transfer file to your box-should only take a few seconds & message should appear on your pc screen once completed
7.Using sat box r/c press ok then up key & blue key to show favourites on TV screen
8. You should see a list of Europe wide TV packages on screen
9. Dont forget to make sure your satellite configuration settings are set correctly on your box -otherwise you will get a tuner error message on screen

DCG
09-02-2017, 06:46 PM
moved to solo4k from uno 4k