PDA

View Full Version : Hitec box hb 9000 blind

texas
11-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Hii I hpe somebody could help me. I am new to the forum and I recently bought a brand new Hitec hb 9000. I need to restore everything because i must have done something wrong (downloading and old version on the current jan.bin....) and now when i switch on (first of all i cannot switch off...) and the screen is blank and it look completely dead.
Please anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance . best

jbvid
11-02-2017, 11:11 PM
Hii I hpe somebody could help me. I am new to the forum and I recently bought a brand new Hitec hb 9000. I need to restore everything because i must have done something wrong (downloading and old version on the current jan.bin....) and now when i switch on (first of all i cannot switch off...) and the screen is blank and it look completely dead.
Please anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance . best
Hi
Follow the 2 guides below
Force upgrade
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173531-software-patch-error-on-new-Hitech-9000

Unzip and rename the (Latest) Patch Software to (force_upgrade_rom) no brackets, put it on USB stick then into HB9000, plug in power lead then press ok ok ok ok many times on remote control until you see your box start to get the software back from the usb stick.

HB 9000 Setup Guide
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?173514-Setup-Guide-for-the-HitechBox-HB9000
jb

Aldo
12-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Could the OP not just have done a factory reset to see what that brings before doing anything else, ????

jbvid
12-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Could the OP not just have done a factory reset to see what that brings before doing anything else, ????
Hi Aldo
Possibly, but as he mentioned the screen being blank I assumed he would have no option to use the remote to select any Icons to do a factory reset.
Maybe the O/P could give us more information or a current update.?
jb

Aldo
12-02-2017, 01:02 PM
There is also the possibility that the OP has not unzipped the file correctly, and why would he use the Patch 20/01/16, when there are later patch's available.

texas
12-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Hi JB thanks very much great help. Everything sorted!!!!! Thanks again