PDA

View Full Version : few channels not working today

Pages : [1] 2

seamouse
28-03-2017, 12:12 PM
anyone seen sky living plus 1, sky sports 4 and skysports news not working today via third party servers? on same TP?

Mickha
28-03-2017, 12:22 PM
If we're lucky its just a glitch, if not then it could be that they are finally upgrading their encryption, which was supposed to happen at the beginning of January.
Is the other Sky sports 4 still working?

seamouse
28-03-2017, 12:37 PM
i did a re scan on this TP and all 20 channels dont work

ssp4 is working on 11915

seamouse
28-03-2017, 01:09 PM
seems all the channels on this TP have moved

sky living plus 1 now 12265 h working
skysports 4 working on 11914 (maybe irish one? )
12207 sky sprts newshq

holmroad
28-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Seems that it's mainly on freq 12148H 27500 that they are having 'issues' as for example Sky Sports 4 SD on 11914H 27500 seems fine for me!
e.g. Sky Sports 1 on 12148H not working either! Unfortunately Eurosport 1 & 2 are also on 12148H and therefore not opening either!
Living +1 on 12265H 27500 seems fine, but on 12148H it's not!
Think things may be afoot??

tigertimtim
28-03-2017, 01:22 PM
some one elsewhere has said the same frequency 12148H is working on official box ?

Burnham
28-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Eurosport 1 & 2 also on 12148 are down at present. That's with an official card in a VU+ box running oscam.

sparky_dog
28-03-2017, 02:54 PM
I've been told encryption change on 12148H, working on official box.

No further info.

ian
28-03-2017, 03:24 PM
In my opinion I don't think its anything as sinister as Hardware Pairing.

If you check the ECM length its B0

I dont think any EMU can currently handle that ECM length.

If this is the case we will have to wait for a patch from Oscam. As far as using CCcam, well a patch for that isnt going to happen.

Im just checking through all other working UK channels and so far none are using B0 , so hopefully this is all it is. I'm hoping I dont find any that are working and also using B0 lol

Ian.

EDIT: Scratch that

Sky Atlantic is using 79 and thats not working either.

sparky_dog
28-03-2017, 09:41 PM
ECM length 79 is a new one too, I think Atlantic was previously 71. The new ECM length is being rejected by oscam as a dud.

Hopefully, it's nothing worse and there will be a fix soon.

Barney
28-03-2017, 11:39 PM
ITS A Transponder Fault @ 28.2E 12148 H 27500 ALL Channels on that TP are Dark even using my Own Sky + HD Box with my Sky card in it even Sky Sport Box Office not work Either showing FTA Promo's for WWE PPV !!!
No Encryption Change !!
phoned Sky they said it will hopefully be fixed in next 24-48hrs as there has been many reports exactly the same isues with that freq tonight . : )

skull2
28-03-2017, 11:59 PM
ITS A Transponder Fault @ 28.2E 12148 H 27500 ALL Channels on that TP are Dark even using my Own Sky + HD Box with my Sky card in it even Sky Sport Box Office not work Either showing FTA Promo's for WWE PPV !!!
No Encryption Change !!
phoned Sky they said it will hopefully be fixed in next 24-48hrs as there has been many reports exactly the same isues with that freq tonight . : )

wel my sky hd box with card in it clears them channels on that frequency u must have an old sky hd box i even have a multiroom sd box and put the card back in that and it clears the channels on that frequency also

sparky_dog
29-03-2017, 12:10 AM
That's odd Barney, seen it reported elsewhere that these channels are still working on official boxes... Also, I can't see any related complaints on the official help forum, and the channels have been down all day.

Sky Sport Box Office promos are not FTA, the channel is still encrypted but FTV.

Something has definitely changed with the ECMs on 12148H, a support ticket to look at the issue has been logged with oscam.

Barney
29-03-2017, 12:14 AM
YES I HAVE VERY old Sky HD box Have never Ever used it untill this evening , even calling Sky they tried to send activation signals
which failed and thats when they said it looks like its a technical fault and should be resolved soon ,
i suppose its no great surprise they start to mess about with freq for WWE PPV first to avoid anyone watching on linux boxes and probably stops IPTV Streams aswell ??

i have oscam reading card on my dmbox but its an old version IF a fix or patch can be found does than mean i must upgrade to a newer Oscam vsersion if indeed a new patched version can be made ???

ian
29-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Yes Barney you will have to update.

The ticket thats been raised on the Oscam forum only mentions the ECM size of 79 and doesnt mention B0 and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to comment and tell them its B0 as well.

Ian.

Sussed it, you have to login before you can comment.

Burnham
29-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if these 12148 MHz channels are working on old SD boxes - there are supposed to be many thousands of the old non-HD boxes still out there in regular use. My guess is that they are not working.

But if the these 12148 MHz channels are working on old SD boxes, that opens an opportunity to investigate, as it has been reported that the old SD boxes are not secure.

holmroad
29-03-2017, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Burnham;963335]Does anyone know if these 12148 MHz channels are working on old SD boxes

I have an old SD box in a spare bedroom, but for Freesat only, so cannot check Sky Sports (SSports package) or Eurosport (Entertainment) without subscribing!! lol!!

12148H still off as reported yesterday on TM5402HD M3 with cs however, but to me, as a sports fanatic it's the loss of Eurosport on it's ONLY SD transponder 12148H which bothers me the most!

seamouse
29-03-2017, 11:40 AM
i have a sky q box and all channels work no problem.
People who claim on a real box on TP working must have a Crystal ball, as there is nothing on a sky-box to tell you what TP your on or info :)

seems to me sky moved channels to new tp`s if a fault, as a few i could find from a new scan, but sky Atlantic was only 2 and both the same TP and dead

on the vu in the bedroom, all on the said TP are dead, some 20 channels

people talking of SD card pairing, someone told me ages ago cant be done due to the old chips and old menus on SD boxes?

seamouse
29-03-2017, 11:46 AM
just turned the vu on
and
51% signal on 12148 and dead on ssp4

done a ABM in case anyone has updated any new freg`s on that software
dead all 20 channels on that TP

turn on sky q boxes, all channels working :)
so strange

seamouse
29-03-2017, 11:55 AM
double post
channels all work on sky q

JOE.MADDISON
29-03-2017, 12:03 PM
all the channels are working sd and hd on my sky +hd 1t box.

sparky_dog
29-03-2017, 12:25 PM
People who claim on a real box on TP working must have a Crystal ball, as there is nothing on a sky-box to tell you what TP your on or info :)

Haven't used a Sky box for a while, but you used to be able to identify which transponder you were using by selecting manual tuning from the menu, it showed the last TP in use.

I would also add that the missing channels are still being broadcast on 12148H, and haven't turned up on any other TP.

Anyway, I've a feeling that this may be more than a quick fix. It is being reported that the 79 ecm length is also in use on Racing UK, and that is still clearing. It might be a red herring.

satscene
29-03-2017, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=Burnham;963335]as a sports fanatic it's the loss of Eurosport on it's ONLY SD transponder 12148H which bothers me the most!

Problem = Eurosport?

Solution = Motorised, motorised, motorised!

JOE.MADDISON
29-03-2017, 01:31 PM
just checked eurosport working sd on very old sd box at my local with sk* sub.

^^COMPASS^^
29-03-2017, 02:14 PM
just turned the vu on
and
51% signal on 12148 and dead on ssp4

done a ABM in case anyone has updated any new freg`s on that software
dead all 20 channels on that TP

turn on sky q boxes, all channels working :)
so strange

It's easy to swap out 4 of the effected channels if you follow the readme text in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Swapping out 122, 128, 404 & 406 - for their working counter parts - 1181, 1096, 498 & 1187
"using the Example file in the custom directory"

To make your own custom LCN file just delete 'EXAMPLE_' from the file name

I added the following which worked fine for me.

<configuration lcn="122" channelnumber="1181" description="Sky Living+1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="1181" channelnumber="122" description="Sky Living+1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="128" channelnumber="1096" description="ComedyXtra"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="1096" channelnumber="128" description="ComedyXtra"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="404" channelnumber="498" description="Sky Sports 4"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="498" channelnumber="404" description="Sky Sports 4"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="406" channelnumber="1187" description="Sky Sp NewsHQ"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="1187" channelnumber="406" description="Sky Sp NewsHQ"></configuration>

But please bear in mind that:

It all depends on how you have ABM configured im using Tyne Custom & have "include not indexed channels set to yes"

you really need to find you own working counterparts eg: in not indexed make a note of the numbers and change accordantly in "Example 282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml"

Then just run AutoBouquetsMaker Scanner

^^COMPASS^^
29-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Sky Italia introduced a two way encryption awhile back which has proved to be effective on Cs it's nds+icam

As for ICAM, it has yet to be 'cracked' since its implementation on Sky Italia!

Although in the case of Sky UK, there are some old SD boxes which could be dumped and worked on I suppose.

Question is, will anyone bother to do it considering the quality is not HD and the channels themselves may be removed from transmission shortly after!

How can they implement a new encryption if that is the case with unsecured sd boxes for all to see?

Even old SD boxes support ICAM encryption (in addition to the usual NDS encryption), which appears to be the cause of the issue!

Coincidence that Sky Uk have a 3 day sale on?

Above is views of others...

Satcat
29-03-2017, 03:53 PM
It's been notable in the past, that when sky implement any changes, it usually happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So lets see what tomorrow brings.

ian
29-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Oscam ECM Size Increased from 596 to 1024 Globally.

Can someone who has a Sky UK local card please test this.

Its a simple build with just the Global ECM size increased. It has no patches or EMU's its just built to test the theory that Sky may have increased their ECM sizes. If it works a proper build can be done returning the Global size to 596 and defining NDS to 1024 permanently. Then adding patches and EMU. If it doesnt work then the increase in ECM size can be ruled out once and for all.

Unless a Server I'm connected too has this ( which they do not ) then they cannot send me the correct ECM. So it has to be tested with a Sky UK local.

Ian.

mrdude
29-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Oscam ECM Size Increased from 596 to 1024 Globally.

Can someone who has a Sky UK local card please test this.

Its a simple build with just the Global ECM size increased. It has no patches or EMU's its just built to test the theory that Sky may have increased their ECM sizes. If it works a proper build can be done returning the Global size to 596 and defining NDS to 1024 permanently. Then adding patches and EMU. If it doesnt work then the increase in ECM size can be ruled out once and for all.

Unless a Server I'm connected too has this ( which they do not ) then they cannot send me the correct ECM. So it has to be tested with a Sky UK local.

Ian.

@Ian, you could inject it into a hacked box that's using oscam as a server if you don't get any joy here, just look for a STB that is using local cards in oscam readers file that is sharing, then inject via a custom ipk file that restarts oscam after injection.

Barney
29-03-2017, 04:19 PM
I CAN TEST no problem ....BUT WILL That file be ok to use in my old Dm600s SD Box which reads the card ???
cheers @ ian !!

Barney
29-03-2017, 04:30 PM
i went ahead and deleted my oscam binary file and loaded the binary that you posted @ ian
I RESTARTED Oscam after FTP'ing the oscam bin file
but still TCM , SBO PPV , Sky Sport News HQ Etc.. Fails to open anything on 12148 H
everything still apart from that one transponder still works .
if someone else wishes to test please do so just incase i may have done some mistake because im no Oscam expert i'm afraid :nopity:

ian
29-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I CAN TEST no problem ....BUT WILL That file be ok to use in my old Dm600s SD Box which reads the card ???
cheers @ ian !!

No Barney

That box requires .ppc and the above file is compiled for mipsel

@Ian, you could inject it into a hacked box that's using oscam as a server if you don't get any joy here, just look for a STB that is using local cards in oscam readers file that is sharing, then inject via a custom ipk file that restarts oscam after injection.

Yes it may very well come to that if no one here can test.

Ian.

Barney
29-03-2017, 04:57 PM
0963:132B by SkyUK (92ms)

29.03.17 16:25:33 00:30:13 0963:132B by SkyUK (92ms) 00:00:03 OK

but still no picture Sky Sport News HQ [ UK ] ...

on Sky sport news HQ [ Ireland ] PICTURE fine 12207 V 27500

29.03.17 16:25:33 00:31:14 0963:052D by SkyUK (115ms) 00:00:03 OK

sparky_dog
29-03-2017, 05:10 PM
1024 max length compile tested elsewhere with red card and not working, so all Barney's findings are correct.

Barney
29-03-2017, 05:33 PM
I JUST Inserted card into my old Sky Ire SD Pace Reciever to test again and now all channels at 12148 H are working with card inserted in my very old Sky SD Box
but Entitlements changed today all now at 21-05-2017
i think this is due to sky sending those activation signals last night to my card ??
it must have needed an update in order to clear those dark channels on my Sky SD Box i suppose .
But this looks like worst news especially since it appears to be something more than ECM Length issue causing this dark screens on 12148 H
i fear with what ive read so far that tommorrow possibly will likely bring even further bad news :frown:

seamouse
29-03-2017, 07:41 PM
as stated its NOT a TP problem as working off cards in real boxes

its ticket 4600 on streamboard
so seems a new icam pairing code on sd boxes.
remember Easter time 2013? HD gone

ian
29-03-2017, 08:06 PM
It would be foolhardy to say the least for them to implement the ICAM encryption on boxes that can be fully dumped, So personally I cannot see it being that.

However, if they have been stupid enough to do exactly that,then this could be a blessing in disguise over the long term.

Short term though, I think its time to purchase that cable tuner Ive been meaning to buy for several months now.

Ian.

oldfart
29-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Sky Living +1 12266 H 27500 5/6 works

holmroad
29-03-2017, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=holmroad;963336]

Problem = Eurosport?

Solution = Motorised, motorised, motorised!

Absolutely mate - already got it on my TM5402HD M3 - but that's NOT the point surely here?
12148H is the ONLY frequency upon which Eurosport 28E can be obtained, unlike other Sky Sports channels which can 'luckily' be found on more than ONE freq!
NB: Scanned in 12148H as 'added channel' on my Sky+ HD box - and they ALL still open ok, SD and HD!

sparky_dog
29-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Apparently another transponder gone tonight, 11597V. Just a couple of rather dubious channels there...

On a happier note, there are rumours of a fix on the way.

Barney
30-03-2017, 12:15 AM
HOPEFULLY A Fix will indeed be coming but will it arrive before all Transponders go totally dark ..its not looking likely ??
Oscam devolopers have yet to respond to that open ticket and if i recall correctly there was no response when sky it started dropping out pretty fast aswell .
i do hope im wrong however i really do : ))

^^COMPASS^^
30-03-2017, 12:36 AM
This maybe what the OP is reffering too

I have taking the following from another Forum

Not a huge contributor on here, but am a constant user to keep updated and abreast of things, I'm not a server owner or a programmer etc, just an enthusiast who read the old threads earlier and didn't respond to any of the guesswork that was going on as basically that was all it was, uneducated guesswork.

I know there was mention above of not posting messages regarding "My mate said this or that" etc, but I do actually know two people personally who are involved with Oscam work and programming, one of them whom I know from my university days is directly involved with the upkeep and admin at the site "Streamboard" also, there's no info more up to date than the info he has access to and that is fact.

In an earlier thread that has since been deleted there was an actual link to Streamboard, anybody who checked it would have seen that it went into the actual technical side of what was happening, not random guesswork, having had a conversation with somebody directly involved I can confirm a few things, everything that I'm about to write will be updated and confirmed through Streamboard in due course once everything has been finalized, the only reason I'm taking the time to do this is because of the guesswork and scaremongering that's been going on, although unintentional that's pretty much all that's happened since yesterday so some facts might help put some folk at ease to an extent.

The facts as to what is actually happening were touched upon in the above mentioned link and that is that there is nothing within the Entitlement Control Message (ECM) that is affecting things right now, so all talk of ecm changes are just nonsense, as is transponder talk.

The problem exists within the CW (Control Word)....The actual encryption data itself

Now this is where the technical side of it went way over my head during my conversation, but the laymans terms that I got was that the encryption has not changed in the same way it did for HD or for the same way it did with Sky Italia, the encryption is compatible with existing Sky cards, including the old white 09's which is where local cards and shared cache's get the required data to make card sharing possible, so that also makes the talk of changing over Thompson Receivers to Sky +HD nonsense also, its completely irrelevant.

What they have done is quite clever apparently but it will 100% be worked out, the changes that will be required to be made will all be within the "oscam.config" which is basically the standard configuration file that servers use to run and make this all possible, so server owners will be getting access to an updated config file once completed and the missing channels will be back.

This is as close to the horses mouth as you will get and I have been told categorically that this is absolutely NOT the end of cardsharing as we know it and when the config is complete and uploaded things will continue as they were once servers have been updated to the new config.

There is a but though and that is the reasoning behind what has happened the last few days, the general feeling is that Sky were testing a few channels to see what the result was, that unfortunately is not true, Sky and anybody with a certain level of understanding of encryptions would know that no test is required, the results of the changes that were made are set in stone and known before they were put in place therefore there is no test required or needed.

That is where the but comes in because what has happened is fixable with a configuration change, Sky and the programming engineers working with Sky know that just as much as the guys who deal with oscam, they know its fixable and can be worked around, so the actual reason behind it is a mystery.
Its not just to disrupt or to annoy, that much is clear, but the real reason is unclear at the moment as the changes they have made don't really relate to anything they can build on long term as once worked around that's it, it cant be implemented into a different part of the whole procedure so its not clear why they did it or what the overall goal of it was but its obviously something much bigger and more complex, whether its something that could happen next week or next year nobody knows, but its clear that some serious thought and investment has been put in to this and its one of the biggest changes or moves that Sky have made to in a long time, so the general feeling from someone directly involved is that something much bigger is on the way, but as above the timescale is not known.
Sky have obviously always taken it seriously and attempted to stop it but it looks as though they have upped the effort on it and are seriously taking steps to put an end to it long term, or at least until the technology to work around it comes to light.

I know some people on here will no doubt rubbish everything that I have put down here because I'm not directly involved with oscam or servers and because I'm not a TK Veteran etc etc, but what I've put down will be available through streamboard in due course and a lot of it already is there to read up on, so please take the time to research a little into the technical facts of what is going on and with what I've tried to explain here and hopefully I've helped put some minds at ease a little.

sparky_dog
30-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Saw that last night, he certainly goes into some detail and it all sounds plausible.

One thing is for sure, it's been an easy ride recently, and I can't see a business like sky or vm lying down while vast numbers of these boxes are being sold, in addition to the ones already in circulation. They have the answer, go cardless - but this must be a long term aspiration as it would cost a fortune to swap all the boxes out. In the short to medium term, I'm sure they would love to stop cs, as they have pretty much effectively in Italy. I think they have swapped out all the older gen boxes there though.

Barney
30-03-2017, 09:37 AM
I Hope the above story is true it at least sounds legit and realistic
but
They have the answer, go cardless
this involves internet and ethernet connections very similar like dmbox and c/s ??
only difference would be Sky will control their own massive commercial payserver base themselves :rofl:

one things for certain they wont be able to enforce that here in Eire for quite a long time if Even Ever infact
at least not untill Fiber broadband becomes a reality or even broadband of any description which is a very major problem
there is still hundreds of thousands of irish peeps here struggling here with internet via a dongle or via pathetic satellite broadband at maybbe 1mb or most times a lot less than that plus days without any connection at all that is a fact !!
it might be possible in UK since 99% is covered via fiber links but thats obviously far from a reality in Ireland .
i thank @ ^^COMPASS^^ for this very helpfull info which brings good and bad news both to us all
but if there can be a rather simple fix for this problem for now at least its something postive to look forward to ,
at the very least it will allow oscam guys to show us what changes were done and what it involves to resolve those changes at least for now .
cheers !

CokeAddict
30-03-2017, 10:39 AM
From reading that quote above, it seems to make sense.

The obvious reason for doing this, is by the sounds of it, cccam will be dead, and possibly mgcamd too.

That "should" be enough to clear the ******* sites of "gift" offerings.

iain66
30-03-2017, 11:17 AM
read on streamboard they are starting to use ICAM encryption

holmroad
30-03-2017, 11:24 AM
So even 'if' a solution could be found, do we assume that, say, in my case a new TM patch would be required for my TM5402HD M3 - but still a very big 'if'?

seamouse
30-03-2017, 11:32 AM
people on a few sites say the XXX went dead last night as well,
anyone confirm?

we all know ( well i know ) there is a post on one of the papers a few months ago about sky will go cardless on the sky q boxes
when i had my sky q put in a few weeks ago, was told the same, soon no need for a dish and are trying to make something like a sky q and now tv box in one.

Nikkas
30-03-2017, 11:37 AM
people on a few sites say the XXX went dead last night as well,
anyone confirm?

we all know ( well i know ) there is a post on one of the papers a few months ago about sky will go cardless on the sky q boxes
when i had my sky q put in a few weeks ago, was told the same, soon no need for a dish and are trying to make someone like a sky q and now tv box in one.

Ashamed to admit that I can confirm several of the rubbish UK prawn channels no longer opened last night & was too shy to come straight out and report it. So thanks to seamouse for helping break the ice. :D

As far as I am concerned it will be no big loss for me considering my age and the fact that I have seen the repeats shown 1000's of times. I am finding it hard to find what I would miss TBH as have mostly found enough to entertain me on Freeview & freesat these days. Not to mention other stuff like AWS, Flix, IPTV.

From a technical perspective it's a new challenge to try and overcome which for me is a big part of what this 'hobby' has always been about.

sparky_dog
30-03-2017, 12:25 PM
From a technical perspective it's a new challenge to try and overcome which for me is a big part of what this 'hobby' has always been about.

I think you are spot on, this site has always been more of a hobbyist community, CS has made it too easy and has become virtually a retail offering. I won't miss it, TBH I don't watch much of it now... only the boxing really. Even if this goes, there will still be plenty of CS opportunities for those with multisat.

Dust off the motor, and get back to finding the fta offerings and feeds!

seamouse
30-03-2017, 03:01 PM
i have a motor dish and to be honest all my TV is via kodi and box sets

live tv like discovery HD , History HD, H2 and the old music channel is all i used the sky q for

sky f1 HD i watch via my cable box in HD
so not a great lost for me on the TV as cable side working ok

catseye
30-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Saw that last night, he certainly goes into some detail and it all sounds plausible.

One thing is for sure, it's been an easy ride recently, and I can't see a business like sky or vm lying down while vast numbers of these boxes are being sold, in addition to the ones already in circulation. They have the answer, go cardless - but this must be a long term aspiration as it would cost a fortune to swap all the boxes out. In the short to medium term, I'm sure they would love to stop cs, as they have pretty much effectively in Italy. I think they have swapped out all the older gen boxes there though.

It makes you wonder by paying way over the odds to secure EPL rights, it has left the rest of the business in a bit of a pickle??

If they hadn't paid so much,it would have given them the finances to end SD boxes for good in favour of HD ones

Plus they haven't launched a HD channel for such a long time.You would think they would be adding a HD version at the rate of one a month

Also if many more UKTV channels go FTA that will be another blow to them

Kodi is hitting them hard too, theres a new campaign to stop people watching streams

IMHO I think over next few years, Now TV boxes will be pushed more & offer HD variants too
Its much cheaper to distribute compared to traditional methods

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 08:11 PM
I done a ping on my server and noted the IP address and put it in my line instead of the server name.
Then changed my DNS servers to public ones. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and rebooted the box.
All clearing.

BillyBits

Barney
30-03-2017, 08:29 PM
can you upload screenshot of British Eurosport 1/2 ???

ian
30-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I done a ping on my server and noted the IP address and put it in my line instead of the server name.
Then changed my DNS servers to public ones. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and rebooted the box.
All clearing.

BillyBits

Sorry I'm not having that.

Ian.

olddog
30-03-2017, 08:37 PM
That does not make any sense at all...wish it was that easy..

mrdude
30-03-2017, 08:56 PM
All clearing.

BillyBits

Jings, I've heard some TOSH in my time, do you even know what a DNS server is?

If I was to ping google I'd get it's IP address - instead of trying to remember that address, I just type google - that's what a DNS server does, whether it's your ISP/Google or some other server that that providing it.

You really should try using google sometimes before posting - as you're making yourself seem silly.

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Sorry guys but the above has worked for me.
I am using an Openbox V8S and Mgcamd.
I switch DHCP on and nothing clears.
Switch DHCP off and input 8.8.8.8. manually as 1st DNS and reboot and all clears.

This would suggest that the ISP's are blocking this traffic.

BillyBits

mrdude
30-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Switch DHCP off and input 8.8.8.8. manually as 1st DNS and reboot and all clears.

BillyBits

Firstly DNS and DHCP are two entirely different things.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) is used to give out an IP address, so instead of needing to set a static IP address on all your network devices - the DHCP server assigns an IP for a specific time period.

DNS (Domain Name System) Is used to name a computer (host) so you don't need to know the IP address it has been assigned from the DHCP server.

Also an ISP can't block anything on your Local network - so if your STB is using Oscam and reading a card, how do you think that your ISP has anything to do with that?

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 09:45 PM
@mrdude you need to calm down.
I am a technically competent person and do understand how networks and the internet works.
I stated what is working for me If you choose not to believe me it's your loss not mine.

Has anyone else had the same results as myself?

BillyBits

mrdude
30-03-2017, 09:55 PM
@mrdude you need to calm down.
I am a technically competent person and do understand how networks and the internet works.
I stated what is working for me If you choose not to believe me it's your loss not mine.

BillyBits

Well you would understand that, you most likely weren't connected to a CS server, and now you are - which is bugger all to do with ISP's blocking the ports your box is connected to your share on - or fixing the encryption (change) that sly has now implemented.

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 10:02 PM
If I use my ISP's DNS servers - blank screen.
If I use public DNS servers - all clear.
Which would suggest my ISP is not forwarding my traffic.

BillyBits

Mancboy1
30-03-2017, 10:04 PM
If I use my ISP's DNS servers - blank screen.
If I use public DNS servers - all clear.
Which would suggest my ISP is not forwarding my traffic.

BillyBits

I use an alternative dns through my router and my screens are blank.

ian
30-03-2017, 10:05 PM

BillyBits

So post a Screenshot of either Eurosport 1 or Eurosport 2 clearing with your Infobar also showing.

You say you are technically minded, so doing this should be a breeze for you using your Webif.

Ian.

Barney
30-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Still waiting for you to upload a screenshot of British Eurosport 1/2 or TCM UK ..cant be THAT Difficult is it ??
This would prove beyond any doubt that your theory works ..otherwise as expected what mrdude has said is indeed true
and your methods are false and futile which wont really be a total shock to anyone i would suggest .

Barney
30-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Furthermore i would suggest a Fix is not Coming if it was then im quite sure at least some experienced Oscam developer would have commented
to at least give full clarity that Sky have implemented this iCAM Encryption change , as we see already with Sky IT no change in Boxes was required to do a full black out on all HD/SD channels and Fully stop Cardsharing Dead altho' they did kill off a lot of pre paid cards beforehand but i doubt that is even relevant on this occasion !!

CokeAddict
30-03-2017, 10:16 PM

BillyBits

Please tell me your fix has HD channels working too now :)

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 10:24 PM
I have been trying to upload some screen shots but they have failed for what ever reason.
I have checked as many channels as possible and all clear except Eurosport 1&2.

BillyBits

Barney
30-03-2017, 10:33 PM
I DO NOT THINK YOU Even bothered to read anything at all that was posted already on this thread ???
Just started posting irrelevant Spam nonsense !!

Go back to the start of this thread Read again ...
ALL Channels Are NOT Working on Transponder 12148 H 27500 ARE Using Sky's iCAM Encryption !!
as are 2 other Seperate Transponders ..THAT IS A Fact..NOT Fiction

NOT Really Sure why you insist upon disputing this Fact ???
BUT very soon ALL Murdock TV Channels Will also go Dark !!

BillyBits
30-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Just so everyone understands what is happening with my Openbox.
On Tuesday, like everyone one else, I lost all the channels on 12,148. The other channels still cleared.
Today, Thursday, I lost all the channels.
After changing the DNS servers on the Openbox to public DNS servers, the channels cleared except Eurosport 1 & 2 and, having just checked, the rest on 12,148.
Changing back to the ISP DNS servers and I loose all channels.

The only conclusions I can take from all of this is.
1. My ISP is stopping some traffic through its DNS servers.
2. Some/All people on this forum did not lose all the channels today and still have them all bar those on 12,148 working.

Am I the only one who lost all the channels today?

BillyBits

Mickha
30-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Yes, you are the only one who lost all the channels, the rest only lost the transponders mentioned, which don't look like returning.
We knew this was going to happen last year, and were warned they planned on doing it by new year, it's just taken a little longer, quicker than I personally expected, as I thought it might be before the start of the next football season.

olddog
30-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Are you saying all the channels on that transponder clears..i.e eurosport 1 and 2 ?

Mickha
30-03-2017, 11:18 PM
No, I think he's saying that he made a mistake, he thought that ALL channels were down, and everyone else were experiencing the same problem, instead he now realizes that the only problem, everyone else is experiencing, is with the transponders mentioned, which include Eurosport SD.
Please read some of Barney's posts, in this thread.

Aldo
30-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Are you saying all the channels on that transponder clears..i.e eurosport 1 and 2 ?

Please read post#70 again especially this bit:

After changing the DNS servers on the Openbox to public DNS servers, the channels cleared except Eurosport 1 & 2 and, having just checked, the rest on 12,148.

holmroad
31-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Please read post#70 again especially this bit:

Cheers mate, least YOU can do that to get some of it back on 12148H, unlike we TM5402HD M3 users!! lol!!

ctn
31-03-2017, 01:31 PM
I have an old SD sky box but with only a minimum subscriptions to sky,however I have checked the channels I can receive ie Sky Atlantic,Eurosports 1and2 Skysports news and do get them but on Zgemma set up I can't get them just a black screen however I can get Sky sports 4 via Roi regions on the Zgemma box

Barney
31-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Exactly @ ctn
British Eurosports 1 and 2 and Sky Sport Box Office SD will not be working again on 28.2E

There is a lot of other Channels on that Transponder like Sky Sport 4, News HQ @ 12148 H can be found on other Freq's [ Irish ROI versions ]
But The SD iCAM pairing process has begun and within 6-8 weeks only Freesat Channels will remain working !!

The open Ticket i see on Oscam board was closed today ..Meaning there wont be any solution and everything will be gone on 28.2E
again due to commercial advertising Payservers they all will be nowhere to be found in the next 2-3 months max : ))

Satcat
31-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Yea. It looks like the end is nigh. What will we do without all those repeats and adverts to watch? The only channel I will really miss is Gold. It would be good if that went FTA.
The Discovery channels and Eurosport can be found on other sats. I'll miss the football, but not enough to pay for it, and i'll be quite happy with channel 4s coverage of F1 and channel 5s next day moto GP highlights. Life goes on.

catseye
31-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Yea. It looks like the end is nigh. What will we do without all those repeats and adverts to watch? The only channel I will really miss is Gold. It would be good if that went FTA.
The Discovery channels and Eurosport can be found on other sats. I'll miss the football, but not enough to pay for it, and i'll be quite happy with channel 4s coverage of F1 and channel 5s next day moto GP highlights. Life goes on.

Satcat
Much of the older stuff on GOLD is now shown on Yesterday

Its expected but by no means certain that many more UKTV will go FTA
Whether that will include GOLD we shall see
But as Dave is now FTA, anything is possible
Its been said UKTV can reach a far wider audience by FTA channels & therefore increases ad revenue

holmroad
31-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Oh dear, so looks as if it's all finally happening!
Wonder id it will apply to Sky De on 19E too?

jrbmw
01-04-2017, 06:43 AM
Looks like iptv will be the way to go.....Hd as well

Mickha
01-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Oh dear, so looks as if it's all finally happening!
Wonder if it will apply to Sky De on 19E too?
Sky Germany have had something going on for some time, with their Sky 1 channels, neither the HD, or SD, versions have been available, for quite a while, and no fix has been forthcoming.

satpaul
01-04-2017, 09:46 AM
A Friend of mine got emailed this from CS Guy

Hi Guys,

So some have noticed and some have not noticed that some channels on one of skys transponders have currently gone blank

• Fox+
• Sky Atlantic
• Sky Living +1
• TCM
• Sky sports 4
• Sky sports news HQ
• Eurosport 1
• Eurosport2

Most of these are currently running on a different transponder which can be located via manual scans, We are following this closely and are currently spending a lot of time logging data to resolve this issue, i am also following a private development forum who are also working on this issue, We know this is not a new form of hardware pairing and is software related which in theory means resolving it will be a easier task for us.

Like all things there many forums and people giving the normal rubbish “its the end blah blah blah”
I’ve read this same comments for years now on forums and is a reason why i do not use any of these and keep to private forums for people who actually understand what is going on.

This is not a quick fix and may take us a couple of weeks to figure it out but bare with us whilst our team and many others work on getting the solution implemented.

Cardsharing has been a cat and mouse game for many years just like most things in life, and we love the challenge of resolving new problems

Cheers

David

Barney
01-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Be very interesting to hear his response when everything is Dark and no solution is forthcoming ..:banghead:
its big commercial guys like that which has ended sky uk for everyone and that is Fact : ))

oldfart
01-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Bummer 12148H - no Eurosport!! needed for Le Mans mid-June
IPTV can be a bit flaky with Movistar's internet - on/off/on/off for last 2 days.
Need to get the motors back in commission!

sparky_dog
01-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Yes, dust off the old motor and head for Eurosport Germany!

Jumping onto IPTV is all well and good, but folk need to bear in mind that a lot of it is sourced from cardshare.

holmroad
01-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Struggling to get Eurosport 13E to open at present for some reason - and Canal Plus Sport Poloand - so getting more and more restricted on cs!
IPTV is 'ok' in my opinion, but nowhere near as stable as sat transmissions! Can be behind 'true' times and also can be quite 'shimmery or jerky'!!

sparky_dog
01-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Yes, the delay can be bad on iptv.

However, there is some good iptv out there, the only problem I have is that broadband is crap here. For me, it'll be back to the motorised for fta boxing and feeds, and overnight downloads for everything else.

Satcat
01-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Eurosport HD 1 and 2 on Thor with English commentry.

tigertimtim
01-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Struggling to get Eurosport 13E to open at present for some reason - and Canal Plus Sport Poloand - so getting more and more restricted on cs!
IPTV is 'ok' in my opinion, but nowhere near as stable as sat transmissions! Can be behind 'true' times and also can be quite 'shimmery or jerky'!!

Canal Plus Sport Poland is fine for me....loads of eurosport channels open on different sats with english commentary in hd.

as far as iptv goes it takes up to much bandwith for a lot of people and the PQ is not the best to say the least, still plenty of stuff on foreign sats imho.

jrbmw
01-04-2017, 02:25 PM
There are a lot more channels with iptv and some pretty good servers although not perfect, a bit like some cs servers.And The quality of the sd channels on s... are so poor at times.Some of the channels may be sourced from cs but the hd ones from s... Italy and the uk cant be.

sparky_dog
01-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Some of the channels may be sourced from cs but the hd ones from s... Italy and the uk cant be.

Satellite CS is not the only source... UK HD is mostly sourced from cable cardshare - which is gradually going cardless, so will also be lost sooner or later. Not sure about Italia. Some IPTV is sourced from official subbed boxes, but his makes it very expensive to provide. The better providers are a mix of the two.

holmroad
01-04-2017, 10:20 PM
13E Eurosport and Polish Canal+ Sport fine tonight on cs - so must have been a temporary bleep earlier!

rocky415
01-04-2017, 10:59 PM
good luck to all the guys trying to resolve the problem

rocky415
02-04-2017, 09:42 AM
A Friend of mine got emailed this from CS Guy

Hi Guys,

So some have noticed and some have not noticed that some channels on one of skys transponders have currently gone blank

eurosport channels or tcm or sky sports box office will not still work even after a manual or automatic scan and are still blank

• Fox+
• Sky Atlantic
• Sky Living +1
• TCM
• Sky sports 4
• Sky sports news HQ
• Eurosport 1
• Eurosport2

Most of these are currently running on a different transponder which can be located via manual scans, We are following this closely and are currently spending a lot of time logging data to resolve this issue, i am also following a private development forum who are also working on this issue, We know this is not a new form of hardware pairing and is software related which in theory means resolving it will be a easier task for us.

Like all things there many forums and people giving the normal rubbish “its the end blah blah blah”
I’ve read this same comments for years now on forums and is a reason why i do not use any of these and keep to private forums for people who actually understand what is going on.

This is not a quick fix and may take us a couple of weeks to figure it out but bare with us whilst our team and many others work on getting the solution implemented.

Cardsharing has been a cat and mouse game for many years just like most things in life, and we love the challenge of resolving new problems

Cheers

David

eurosport channels and tcm and fox and sky sports box office will still not work even after a manual or automatiic scan

dOOds
02-04-2017, 09:48 AM
eurosport channels and tcm and fox and sky sports box office will still not work even after a manual or automatiic scan

They wont...they are on the affected transponder..Some of these channels are duplicated on other transponders..But not eurosport..

Scan...

11914 H 5/6 27500 For ssp4

12207 V 5/6 27500 for sspnewsHQ

Other's available on (Not eurosport and box office etc)
http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

rocky415
02-04-2017, 10:02 AM
yes i have the others not the ones explained

Barney
02-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Not to worry ...They'll all be Gone within 2-3 weeks anyhow : )) :nopity:

sparky_dog
02-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Not to worry ...They'll all be Gone within 2-3 weeks anyhow : )) :nopity:

Barney, always the optimist! :rofl:

KARABANGA
03-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Hi...Why are people so negative...who would have thought a few years ago that encryptions like PowerVU and Tandberg etc would have been hacked... let the experts do their experimenting and see what they come up with. The last couple of days i have been watching channels from Sky IT and Sky UK and others on a Spiderbox 6000 using IPTV and its been brilliant. Remember there will always be methods of watching channels one way or the other...its just a question of when and not if. regards

catseye
03-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi...Why are people so negative...who would have thought a few years ago that encryptions like PowerVU and Tandberg etc would have been hacked... let the experts do their experimenting and see what they come up with. The last couple of days i have been watching channels from Sky IT and Sky UK and others on a Spiderbox 6000 using IPTV and its been brilliant. Remember there will always be methods of watching channels one way or the other...its just a question of when and not if. regards

There is the problem though
Where some developer would discover how to share with others & then share with the community
Now P/s keep the information private for the benefit of making money from it & thats whats killed the hobby

Barney
03-04-2017, 11:17 PM
We should know in next few hours what will next Transponder/s to go dark and use this iCAM encryption will be ....?

its already pretty much confirmed on Oscam board that Sky uk SD are using iCAM encryption
and yes its possible a solution could be found but seems nobody is that much interested however ...

ian
04-04-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm not so sure it has been confirmed Barney.

To me at least it seems like a math problem with the C++ code whereby the bytes are being read in the wrong sequence. Its been suggested that the starting point should be moved 4 bytes further on to be able to read from these effected ECM's. This would be achieved by modifying the Oscam config file to give this option. However, in my opinion, this would be an either or setting rather than allowing for both types of reading, so it may simply be a case of them waiting until more/all Transponders start to use this method.

We shall see.

Ian.

Dark Cloud
04-04-2017, 09:01 AM
anyone got Stephen Hawking's mobile number ?.

satwyn
04-04-2017, 09:57 AM
anyone got Stephen Hawking's mobile number ?.i have einsteins if that helps E=MC Hawkins number i lost down a black hole

Nikkas
04-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Mr. Einstein is not answering calls right now for some inexplicable reason & Mr. Hawking is attending a chariot racing event somewhere. :D

holmroad
04-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Mr. Einstein is not answering calls right now for some inexplicable reason & Mr. Hawking is attending a chariot racing event somewhere. :D

And presumably giving his equally gripping live commentary in order to retain our amazing interest?? lol!!:respect-050:

dOOds
05-04-2017, 07:33 AM
s*y sports news HQ ireland gone this morning..Either removed it or moved TP as there is a signal but "Service not found"

^^COMPASS^^
05-04-2017, 08:01 AM
s*y sports news hq ireland gone this morning..either removed it or moved tp as there is a signal but "service not found"

Yes according to K O S it would appear that Sky have removed Sky Sports NewsHQ from 12207

welshpaddy
05-04-2017, 09:26 AM
anyone else notice when i load sly sports news on mobdro sky news opens instead must have been a cock up with mobdro sly sports news ok now

holmroad
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
anyone else notice when i load sly sports news on mobdro sky news opens instead

Well suppose that must be THEIR idea of a 'substitute' channel? lol!

welshpaddy
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
sly sports news opens ok on dc sports on wookie

Barney
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM
sly sports news HQ Only Now is Broadcasting on the New iCAM encrypted Transponder 12148 H
R.I.P sly sports news HQ , British Eurosport 1/2 ...More to follow ...:banghead:

i will be terminating my Sly Sub shortly ..hopefully many others will be doing the same !!

rocky415
05-04-2017, 12:02 PM
yep i think so also

Keano
05-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Can you imagine the inbox on these payservers over the next few weeks lol

Slighty off topic but Now TV is a good buy and then get your codes from the site you buy and sell stuff on. Ive been doing that for the kids for nearly two years now. Going rate is £10 for two months sky cinema. Look out for deals too, last month we got a pizza from pizza hut and it came with a weeks sports pass to use at anytime so the week after we got another pizza. Now TV is great for me being a trucker.

There is still plenty out there if you have a motor, the only people this will really hurt is the payservers and the people who bought lines from them and dont have a motor or any sat knowledge.

We still have Tberg for the footy, good fun on a saturday afternoon watching the footy and having running commentary from Barney on United :-)

Me think its time make the call and cancel, no doubt they wil offer a q box and reduce rate.

Sawdust
05-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Once this has been finished once and for all, I wouldnt be surprised if Tberg becomes a distant memory, because its all over the place and it wont help with everyone talking about it.

oldfart
05-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Now here's a thought - might have to put the card into a proper box! - Haven't used it for 8 years!!

rigsby
05-04-2017, 05:13 PM
I wonder what will happen with the Non sky channels like BT, Racing uk , Box Nation, & others, we've never lost some of these in HD so far, let alone SD ?

jeetley2
05-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi I read on the other forum that sly is removing most of the HD channels soon and putting it on the new iCam encryption system.

Aldo
05-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Hi I read on the other forum that sly is removing most of the HD channels soon and putting it on the new iCam encryption system.

You could have read that info in post#113 in this thread.

catseye
05-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Yes according to K O S it would appear that Sky have removed Sky Sports NewsHQ from 12207

If you look, that list is for Badr sats @ 26 East

Sky Sports News HQ is still listed on Astra 28.2 East on 12207V

Someone must had listed that in error as its gone now from their site or as a temporary move ??

Badr 4 @ 26 East is intended for Southern Europe, North Africa & Middle East

KOS can be a bit like Wikipedia at times

holmroad
05-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Which 'other forum'?

zoonie
06-04-2017, 11:59 AM
I was told last night by a good source a new Oscam was realeased didn't work first time which does happen until they get the tweaks right.
It's being worked on so all you pessimistic don't throw towel yet.

^^COMPASS^^
06-04-2017, 12:20 PM
They have found half of the valid key

Info is from other forums

later on it goes to check for these bytes inside ECM. But with new ECM those should now be 0x00, 0x72, 0x01

I've changed it to 0x72 and recompiled. I get "found" on ECMs now, but the picture is still not appearing. The returned CW is always half zeroes and half valid key (I guess it's valid).

By the way I DID NOT apply the "patch" posted above that strips last 4 bytes of ECM. If I do this, the returned CW is always completely zeroed.

I'm almost sure there is something more we are missing, something related to changed length of ECM. We should parse the reader-videoguard2.c for more hardcoded stuff.

patch has been amended, recompiled and ready for test with card- later this evening

rocky415
06-04-2017, 05:11 PM
how do you do this mate and i will try myself and see can i get anywhere

zoonie
06-04-2017, 05:12 PM
They have found half of the valid key

Info is from other forums

later on it goes to check for these bytes inside ECM. But with new ECM those should now be 0x00, 0x72, 0x01

I've changed it to 0x72 and recompiled. I get "found" on ECMs now, but the picture is still not appearing. The returned CW is always half zeroes and half valid key (I guess it's valid).

By the way I DID NOT apply the "patch" posted above that strips last 4 bytes of ECM. If I do this, the returned CW is always completely zeroed.

I'm almost sure there is something more we are missing, something related to changed length of ECM. We should parse the reader-videoguard2.c for more hardcoded stuff.
Thanks for the in depth reply nice to here it's only a matter of time b4 the tweaks hit right.
Thanks Compass

satscene
06-04-2017, 05:32 PM
how do you do this mate and i will try myself and see can i get anywhere

so you`re an experienced programmer and expert in coding, reverse engineering etc..?

Good man rocky, just the guy we need.. :)

Sawdust
06-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the in depth reply nice to here it's only a matter of time b4 the tweaks hit right.
Thanks Compass

If it was that easy, Sky IT would have been clear a long time ago, it aint gonna happen. there is no reason ever to make a fix public again now.

rocky415
06-04-2017, 09:10 PM
so you`re an experienced programmer and expert in coding, reverse engineering etc..?

Good man rocky, just the guy we need.. :)
good

Sawdust
06-04-2017, 09:15 PM
don,t be a dick

:smilielol5:

satscene
06-04-2017, 09:33 PM
don,t be a dick

:p nah, go you ahead, i`m sure you`ll sort it in no time..

rocky415
06-04-2017, 09:39 PM
good luck to the guys who are trying there best to help and iif me asking to try and help got a response from a member like that then god help the forum

satscene
06-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Listen mate, there`s probably a few thousand on this forum and only a small handful will have any idea of how to read this data, then understand it, and finally come up with a solution.

It didn`t happen with **** Italia and the chances of it happening now are slim.

we`re not playing with a rubix cube here.

rocky415
06-04-2017, 10:04 PM
i understand and i know how difficult it is and i do know how to write and read microchip i even tried to get a dump from a sllllllllllman box can not say proper name but no success

lostone
07-04-2017, 11:12 PM
come on guys play nice I was going to move the off topic postings but i figure a friendly warning should do lets get back on topic and see what happens with sly's new tricks and our guys new hits ( if any )

zoonie
10-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Just checked ssp news is back on (12207 ) nice no sure if they back healed the update or if it's server end either way good news.

Barney
10-04-2017, 03:32 PM
28.2E
12148 H 27500 Transponder STILL Using NEW iCAM Encryption !! ALL Channels are Still Dark !! NO Fix was Found !
Expect even more Transponders to go iCAM Encrypted in coming days ...
Sky Sport News HQ may not be available to view for very much longer on 12207 V 27500
Enjoy it while it lasts : )))

zoonie
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
12207 was down and now it's back so a result in a small we all know it's a time game but who knows no one can predict or speculate. So a result in a small way.

Bensonno1
11-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Any of you guys know what's happening with the box office channel?

dOOds
11-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Read thread bud..it's on affected tp with no other version available..

ssjenkins
15-04-2017, 11:28 AM
One good thing for me is that this issue has caused me to come back to this forum again . CS made me lazy . A few years ago I ended up just signing up to a paid CS server , where I've been ever since . After seeing a blank screen on TCM last night (I'd been away for a few weeks) , it led me to search for the 12148 TP , which let me to here . The problem I have now is that I've forgotten all the ECM technical stuff . So it's back to school again for me :) But that's where the fun is anyway . I still have my programmers and gold/silver cards downstairs . So maybe we can start development again on the Magic Module ? :)

Barney
15-04-2017, 01:18 PM
The reason 28.2°E will be dark screens soon will be due to commercial paid CS servers
italians could not figure out the extra layers involved with this iCAM encryption and i very much doubt a solution will be found for UK TV Either : )
The greedy Commercial payservers and their never ending adverts have killed many good packages not only Italy and UK but many others French,Albania,Greece etc..etc..
i wonder where Mr.Payserver and thier spam adverts will be hidden when everything is dark ??

lacierva
15-04-2017, 09:23 PM
One good thing for me is that this issue has caused me to come back to this forum again . CS made me lazy . A few years ago I ended up just signing up to a paid CS server , where I've been ever since . After seeing a blank screen on TCM last night (I'd been away for a few weeks) , it led me to search for the 12148 TP , which let me to here . The problem I have now is that I've forgotten all the ECM technical stuff . So it's back to school again for me :) But that's where the fun is anyway . I still have my programmers and gold/silver cards downstairs . So maybe we can start development again on the Magic Module ? :)

people like you are the result of this !!!! cs was a hobby not for puta payservers

ssjenkins
16-04-2017, 10:17 AM
people like you are the result of this !!!! cs was a hobby not for puta payservers

Sin duda , pero qué más da tío ...? Y lo que querías decir era "People like you are the CAUSE of this" . I was probably to blame for the fall of Irdeto , Viaccess , Nagra etc as well , when I bought all my programmers , cards , CAMs and the rest of the gear . Did you really think that cs was going to be contained within a group of friends ? Anyway . This has been discussed enough through the years . I don't have any regrets . There's a black screen again now , which is what it's always all been about . How you want to go about clearing it imho is completely up to the individual . Saying that . If you're looking for a scapegoat , then I'm your man .

Mickha
16-04-2017, 10:57 AM
it was similar, whenI first started, as we had a card and used to have to telephone, for codes, to input into the card, to be able to view Saturday 3PM football games.
When the encryption was upgraded we had to send the card away, to be upgraded, as card programmers were not available, or way too expensive.
Companies then produced affordable card programmers, so that we could do things ourselves, so perhaps we should blame duolabs, and others, for making things too accessable, for enthusiasts.
Or perhaps we should blame those that used their receivers, and internet access, to share official cards, instead of paying full subscriptions, to all providers, for starting the process?
Personally I blame companies that were too blatant, selling products with a gift, on certain ******* sites, so that anyone could buy a receiver, for cheap money, and view channels, some of these people still don't seem to understand the process, of this gift, or that there are so many other satellites, and channels, available, or how to use a different server, instead they request details on how to renew this gift, then complain when the gift is no longer working.
You can imagine the fun when the Sky channels do finally go encrytped.
Will these people demand a refund?

We have had many discussions, on this subject, over the years, and always we get people blaming others.
I wonder if these same members wont use a paid server if that server is the only way to view channels, if only by an IPTV route?
Will their holier than thou principles still hold firm, or will they quickly pay up?

JOE.MADDISON
16-04-2017, 11:23 AM
filmnet and premier started the rott and what happened to tv without fronteres ???/

Mickha
16-04-2017, 11:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing, the European Union was supposed to open television access, so we weren't forced to subscribe to Sky UK, but choose a provider, within the EU.
Unfortunately certain providers have too much control, and will never give it up, it suits them that we have limited options.

KARABANGA
16-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Hi Why are people so stupid...do you not realise that providers like Sky have bills to pay like you and me..how are they going to pay all the billions to football clubs etc. What happens if Sky goes bust,,what will you be watching then??? We have had it so good for many years and should be grateful to the people who have helped us and not blame others for our over indulgence....Happy Easter.

JOE.MADDISON
16-04-2017, 11:59 AM
did anyone else watch sky uk cable satellite feed on 13 deg(NOW hotbird) in 80s was free to air for some then started soft scramble....?

JOE.MADDISON
16-04-2017, 12:03 PM
K....will you be still happy when ALL sport is omly available on paid for services ...?

Satcat
16-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Slightly off topic, sorry, but it is my opinion that if Sly reduced their charges to a sensible amount, It wouldn't be worth it for payservers, so Sly would end up with more subscribers. Plus they wouldn't have to waste money developing new encryption methods.

charlie
16-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Agree with satcat some folks would happily pay say £20 a month for only sky sports but its all the other channels you have to pay for that you really dont want

scrambled
16-04-2017, 11:31 PM
I remember in 1991 watching football league live on 10 East (Eutelsat 1F5)on a bad quality feed due to having only a 60cm dish. My first game involved Liverpool at 3pm Saturday. It was FTA and had Martin Tyler providing commentary. Worldwide soccer provided one 3pm match each Saturday and then this company would show all the goals from the top flight in the Big Match Live on Sunday during the live offering on ITV. Those were the days, now all games are available and the price we now have to pay, but to be fair I would rather have today's choice rather then the 44 live games we use to have and the extras we would find with our dish. Shame about the price but that is just today's world.

holmroad
16-04-2017, 11:40 PM
I agree with sentiment that Sky should be prepared to allow us more freedom of choice, e.g. by being able to sub to Sports only! This is exactly what I did in analogue days on 19E back in early 1990's!
However, when Eurosport is now very conveniently a part of Sky Entertainment by the time it gets presented to US and we therefore have to sub THAT package as WELL as Sky Sports, it shows very clearly what rip-off merchants Uncle Rupie & co. really are?? lol!!

sparky_dog
17-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Rather than payservers, I would say that the final nail in the coffin has been folk selling 'plug in and go' boxes like a retail offering, no sat or computer knowledge required, with a 12 or 24 months line sub installed. They are (still) selling thousands of them all over the place, high st. shops, bay of e, facebook, etc., etc... no business is going to stand their copyrighted material being ripped off and sold mass market like that.

I guess when there's money to be made out of it, it was inevitable.

Sawdust
17-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Rather than payservers, I would say that the final nail in the coffin has been folk selling 'plug in and go' boxes like a retail offering, no sat or computer knowledge required, with a 12 or 24 months line sub installed. They are (still) selling thousands of them all over the place, high st. shops, bay of e, facebook, etc., etc... no business is going to stand their copyrighted material being ripped off and sold mass market like that.

I guess when there's money to be made out of it, it was inevitable.

What do you mean 'Rather than payservers'? What do you think enables a 'Plug'N'Play' box? And everyone that call things 'gifts'? Just another name for a payserver. Dress it up however you want, its all the same. I have NEVER and will NEVER use a payserver. Because I am not lazy or a tight ass. I have a legit card and in return I have never beeen unable to watch anything I have ever wanted in over 10 years.

Too many people want to pay £50 and watch everything for ever. And the end result is black screens. I'm glad sky uk is going. Maybe then it will get back to the better days.

dostoy
17-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I have a legit card and in return I have never been unable to watch anything I have ever wanted in over 10 years.

I think you mean able not unable don't you.

Sawdust
17-04-2017, 06:49 PM
I think you mean able not unable don't you.

No. I dont think so.

dostoy
17-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Yes sorry.

You have never been unable means you have been able.

JOE.MADDISON
17-04-2017, 07:32 PM
most if not all sat forums were created by like minded members who helped each other to share ways and means how to open and view encripted channels......for educational use and experimental ways to try something new..

skomedal
17-04-2017, 08:04 PM
What do you mean 'Rather than payservers'? What do you think enables a 'Plug'N'Play' box? And everyone that call things 'gifts'? Just another name for a payserver. Dress it up however you want, its all the same. I have NEVER and will NEVER use a payserver. Because I am not lazy or a tight ass. I have a legit card and in return I have never beeen unable to watch anything I have ever wanted in over 10 years.

Too many people want to pay £50 and watch everything for ever. And the end result is black screens. I'm glad sky uk is going. Maybe then it will get back to the better days.

Recall a "" TIFF "" between members of this forum refering to " gift/payservers ". Thread since deleted.

But challenged member not posted on the forum since AFAIK

lacierva
17-04-2017, 11:05 PM
AFAIK
wtf is this ??

Barney
17-04-2017, 11:19 PM
AFAIK
wtf is this ??AFAIK ITS An Abbreviation for "As Far as i know" ....but i guess you do not understand simple Abbreviations Other than WTF ?
ITS OK ...
( google would have provided the answer also : )

Y.W ...[ Your welcome ] :respect-048:

Barney
17-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Back on Topic ...I am wondering if Master Murdock will decide to eliminate another few Transponders in next few hrs ??
or is he simply waiting for max amount of attention ...maybbe total and utter black-out 1 hour before kick-off on Sunday 21st May ???
it would surprise me not ... :toetap05:

Sawdust
18-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Back on Topic ...I am wondering if Master Murdock will decide to eliminate another few Transponders in next few hrs ??
or is he simply waiting for max amount of attention ...maybbe total and utter black-out 1 hour before kick-off on Sunday 21st May ???
it would surprise me not ... :toetap05:

I would imagine the Cisco techs are chuckling away reading some the threads over the net trying to fix it, and itching to press the button. :smash:

lacierva
18-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I would imagine the Cisco techs are chuckling away reading some the threads over the net trying to fix it, and itching to press the button. :smash:

last i seen of reading "some threads" a fix was more than half way there AFAIK :respect-057:

Mickha
18-04-2017, 04:48 PM
We have heard this before, when Sky Italy upgraded their encryption, then we had rumours that it was cracked, but they were keeping it secret, and still nothing.

Wait until they implement the full encryption change, and get rid of all the old receivers, before even speculating on a solution.

lacierva
18-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Payservers will not be aware of the solution AFAIK lol

jokerjay
19-04-2017, 12:30 PM
**** have been very clever with this ! only a few weeks to the big fight no one can clear sbo. Most of the IPTV feeds are from hardware using gifts so the only option will be is for people to pay for it

rocky415
19-04-2017, 03:06 PM
has boxnation also gone now also

Barney
19-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Boxnation Seems to have Changed Freq
nothing at all to do with This topic i would suggest : ))

Barney
19-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Boxnation WORKING NOW ON 28.2°EAST 11344 H 27500 : ))

rocky415
19-04-2017, 03:58 PM
was just about to post that thanks

sparky_dog
19-04-2017, 07:38 PM
What do you mean 'Rather than payservers'? What do you think enables a 'Plug'N'Play' box? And everyone that call things 'gifts'? Just another name for a payserver. Dress it up however you want, its all the same. I have NEVER and will NEVER use a payserver. Because I am not lazy or a tight ass.

If you think I'm defending payservers, I am certainly not - and for 20-odd years I've paid out my whack of official subs too. What I am saying is that I don't think that it's simply the existance of payservers that have caused the current situation per se. Payservers have existed since the beginning of cardsharing, and if cardshare swaps had brought about the same level of lost subscription sales as payservers have now, the outcome would have been the same.

After an initial flurry of activity, the cardshare scene seems to have been 'tolerated' for a few years, with minimal counter measures. The flood of cheap ready-to-go openbox/zgemma etc. boxes, not to mention illegal IPTV services, must now be making a real measurable dent in takings. No business is going to sit back and let that carry on.

I agree that CS has made folk lazy, I used to contribute as much FTA boxing as I could find on here, but noticed interest has gradually dwindled. If UK CS does go kaput, interest in FTA and feeds might well have a bit of a resurgence.

holmroad
19-04-2017, 08:34 PM
12148H still not working using cs on 28E!!!!!

Sawdust
19-04-2017, 10:40 PM
If you think I'm defending payservers, I am certainly not - and for 20-odd years I've paid out my whack of official subs too. What I am saying is that I don't think that it's simply the existance of payservers that have caused the current situation per se. Payservers have existed since the beginning of cardsharing, and if cardshare swaps had brought about the same level of lost subscription sales as payservers have now, the outcome would have been the same.

After an initial flurry of activity, the cardshare scene seems to have been 'tolerated' for a few years, with minimal counter measures. The flood of cheap ready-to-go openbox/zgemma etc. boxes, not to mention illegal IPTV services, must now be making a real measurable dent in takings. No business is going to sit back and let that carry on.

I agree that CS has made folk lazy, I used to contribute as much FTA boxing as I could find on here, but noticed interest has gradually dwindled. If UK CS does go kaput, interest in FTA and feeds might well have a bit of a resurgence.

C/S downfall is the miriad of hand holding tutorials strewn all over the net and on every forum. In the early days, it took a week to find out what a dreambox was, and then when you joined a forum no one would talk about it until you had been on a while and gained some trust. Now you join a forum, make a 'Hi' post and get all the info you need to be running a payserver by the evening. Its just a shame we cant go back to D2Mac days and start over again! :nopity:

jeetley2
20-04-2017, 06:06 AM
I still got D2Mac box lying in the loft. May be one day clock be reversed. Ha Ha

amyben08
20-04-2017, 12:47 PM
when cs goes dark will iptv still work at all

satwyn
20-04-2017, 12:53 PM
it's the way things work so far only a few have landed on the moon soon branson will take us all there could say the same when we have a cure for cancer etc should the cure be kept to a chosen few

sparky_dog
20-04-2017, 06:21 PM
when cs goes dark will iptv still work at all

iptv will still be going long after sat CS goes dark.

Bensonno1
25-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Some channels gone dark again?

squiddo
25-04-2017, 10:04 AM
It seems like a few more channels have gone to ICAM encryption today, SSNews has gone again, as well as SS2, SS5 and some kids channels.

^^COMPASS^^
25-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Posted elsewhere not checked them all myself

12.206 (V) down channels list
Sky 1__Available on TP 12.110 (H)
Sky 2
Livetime
Chelsea TV
SS2__Available on TP 12.110 (H)
SS3__Available on TP 12.110 (H)
SS4
SS5
SSN
Sky Living__Available on TP 12.110 (H)
XXX Real Wives (lol)

11.914 (H) also down channels list,
Sky Atlantic
SS3__Available on TP 12.110 (H)
SS4
SS5
Disney XD+1
Disney Channel
Disney Channel +1
Disney Junior
Disney Junior +1
Disney XD
Sky 2
XXX Mums
XXX Brits

simon 2003
25-04-2017, 10:50 AM
inevitable really as above you dont even have to do anything to get cs ,least in the d-mac /smartcard days we had to work for it a bit.

Satcat
25-04-2017, 12:49 PM
SS5 on 12206 is the ROI version (3pm sat EPL):frown:

Barney
25-04-2017, 01:07 PM
The End is Here for Murdock TV ...Only Good news is no more Commercial Payserver Adverts
No more "Free Gifts" spamming the web etc..etc.. !!

Nikkas
25-04-2017, 01:14 PM
inevitable really as above you dont even have to do anything to get cs ,least in the d-mac /smartcard days we had to work for it a bit.
If you are buying it I agree but if you are configuring your card and sharing with others then I strongly disagree but I do agree the days of the programmable fun cards were much more of a challenge and much more fun too boot.

russowls99
25-04-2017, 02:54 PM
barney shut up about payservers, all u ever say!

lots of people out here u need the payservers as cant afford to pay for sky etc

we have had a good run and shame its coming to an end

DCG
25-04-2017, 03:06 PM
barney shut up about payservers, all u ever say!

lots of people out here u need the payservers as cant afford to pay for sky etc

we have had a good run and shame its coming to an end

play nice ite payservers that brought it to an early end

russowls99
25-04-2017, 03:27 PM
I am not disputing that at all! just saying we have no need to keep repeating that fact

scallywag
25-04-2017, 04:59 PM
play nice ite payservers that brought it to an early end

It is not that early of an end though. It has lasted as long as any hack ever has and given the size of the companies it affected I am amazed it last more than 6 months never mind 10 years or more.

scallywag
25-04-2017, 05:03 PM
As an aside, does anyone really give a toss it is going to end? All the good programs that are on Sky can be got on Kodi or android apps ect ect and usually before sky show them anyway. Sports can still be got on Euro servers as well as IPTV. Plus with a cheap VPN on legit apps too. Movies can be streamed month in advance of anything Sky shows. It is no great loss that sky will be gone soon for anyone whom wants to do the tiniest bit of work.

KARABANGA
25-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Hi get a motorized system or IPTV which i have been using for the last couple of weeks and its been really good..they are making good progress in this area so all is not lost.. the good old days of D2mac etc are sadly over. Regards

satwyn
25-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Hi get a motorized system or IPTV which i have been using for the last couple of weeks and its been really good..they are making good progress in this area so all is not lost.. the good old days of D2mac etc are sadly over. Regardsyes d2mac on a 32 inch sony crt brilliant picture not seen anything as good on the lcd or led in digital not seen the oled picture quality yet

holmroad
25-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I've already mentioned elsewhere that I do like IPTV but find it's often a little jerky, behind 'true' time and simply not as 'solid' as 'true' satellite/terrestrial video - hence MY preference for using cs even though HD Sly UK and ALL Italia long since unfortunately disappeared, but De is still pretty much all there, ok minus a few channels, but wonder if Kodi is any better for picture quality etc?

jrbmw
26-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Iptv getting better.Freeze free a lot of the times. I find Kodi runs slow on my Vu duo2 and you really need a vpn for to keep the apps running. Picture is about the same as iptv or cs.....good and bad.

satwyn
26-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Iptv getting better.Freeze free a lot of the times. I find Kodi runs slow on my Vu duo2 and you really need a vpn for to keep the apps running. Picture is about the same as iptv or cs.....good and bad.been told some channels back on not checked myself

Barney
26-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Iptv getting better.Freeze free a lot of the times. I find Kodi runs slow on my Vu duo2 and you really need a vpn for to keep the apps running. Picture is about the same as iptv or cs.....good and bad.I Think its better to discuss IPTV on a Seperate Thread ??

been told some channels back on not checked myselfAgain I Think its better to discuss IPTV Channels on a Seperate Thread ??
it will quickly begin to confuse everyone stating that some channels may be working again
members will start thinking you are talking about Sky SD Channels which is utterly False .

play nice ite payservers that brought it to an early end Thats exactly true my friend , Thank you

barney shut up about payservers, all u ever say!Only a supporter or indeed a major commercial payserver would make such a stupid ignorant comment !! And this type of attitude is most likely exactly the reason Why there will never be any public solutions for Murdock TV
And if ever there is some 'fix' it will remain non-public that is quite obvious i believe : ))

Big hairy
30-04-2017, 11:17 AM
No sky sports box office on my Spiderbox, will a channel rescan fix this or is it a goner aswell?

Mickha
30-04-2017, 11:34 AM
The only listed SD version was on 12148 and all channels, on that frequency, have now gone, as all others will eventually go.

Barney
01-05-2017, 11:15 PM
only a few hours to go to find out which Transponder/s are next to go dark on Sky UK SD :frown:

holmroad
01-05-2017, 11:46 PM
What makes you say that Barney?

Think we are also still very lucky with at least MOST of Sly De, HD and SD!

ripley
02-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Sly usually turn channels off on tuesdays, but none today so far🖒

Barney
02-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes probably due to the Bank Holiday and Murdock Staff recovering from a heavy weekend bender :rofl:
but i am certain more Transponders will be Switching to iCAM in the coming dayz ..its not "IF" ..its WHEN !!! :eek:

waverider
05-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi get a motorized system or IPTV which i have been using for the last couple of weeks and its been really good..they are making good progress in this area so all is not lost.. the good old days of D2mac etc are sadly over. Regards

That brings back memories,1983, i had my first Motorized satellite system installed with a 1M Dish, everything was available,D2 mac was fantastic.

krillin123
05-05-2017, 11:12 AM
so what you guys advise to do now to get sky stuff? wait it out and hope they crack card share again or switch to like of IPTV Never used it i have a vu duo box i know it dont run IPTV but i have old spiderbox i think does.
Will motorized not be blocked also for like of sky sports etc??

K'
05-05-2017, 11:26 AM
i have a vu duo box i know it dont run IPTV

VuDuo run IPTV Very good , Just update your image to last OpenPLI 4 Version

Mickha
05-05-2017, 11:54 AM
A motorized dish can receive a lot of different satellites, and channels, not everything revolves around Sky UK.
There was satellite television long before Sky UK even started.

scrambled
05-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Yes Mickha is right. Long before **** there was lots of great satellite tv and radio. From what I remember nearly all of it was free, Good quality films, sport and news with entertainment channels showing series long before it was shown in the UK. Those extra channels was a god send as most of us, as we only had four channels to pick from. Shame pure greed took over, now we have a massive choice at a premium. Long live the motorised dish and the hours of fun we still have looking for far away channels and feeds.

jeetley2
05-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Yes agreed hundred percent. Good old D2mac which provided lot of entertainments in 80s and 90s. You could have the card programmed for a fiver. Lots of good old black and white comedy movies free on TV. Now everything is commercialised. You have to pay for it. Free sports were the entertainment for the poor's. Now billionaires want to be trillionaires . Such people are trapped in the egos.

catseye
05-05-2017, 09:12 PM
A motorized dish can receive a lot of different satellites, and channels, not everything revolves around Sky UK.
There was satellite television long before Sky UK even started.

It was case of less channels but better quality
Now there are 1000's of channels (especially UK & Italy ) with almost all of it rubbish
Im sure if other packages carried more English audio we would subscribe

Mickha
05-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Sky Germany, and Movistar +, on 19.2E, have plenty of channels, most with an English Audio option.
I tend to flick between the History, National Geographic, Discovery and A&E options, but there are plenty of Film, Sports, and General Entertainment channels available, and most of them without the annoying advertisemnents, which means that you can watch science fiction, comedy, or other series, without it being split into segments, for advertisements.

https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-Deutschland.html

https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Movistar--19E.html

pricey
05-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Agreed. Couldn't get SS1 on 28 so watched on 19e and turned the Spanish commentry down. And in HD!!

Mickha
05-05-2017, 10:26 PM
If you check the audio options, on a lot of the sports channels, on 19.2E, showing Premier League games, there's an option without commentary, but with the crowd noise, which I prefer.

holmroad
05-05-2017, 10:52 PM
If you check the audio options, on a lot of the sports channels, on 19.2E, showing Premier League games, there's an option without commentary, but with the crowd noise, which I prefer.

Best option of the lot mate!!!

funtime26
06-05-2017, 10:31 AM
I have used my Vu+Duo2 for picture from YPbPr to TV for my 1080HD and audio from freeview pvr (need to pause for about 5 seconds to sync up easy done) from R5Live or TalkSport for commentary. Have done for years as I prefer radio commentary anyway. Far more entertaining!

scrambled
06-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes Funtime. I tried this today. Was watching Hull on 13 east from our Polish friends. Turn the sound down and then went online for 5 live commentary. But I found that the online commentary was about 6 seconds behind the picture. Will need a proper radio with delay function in order to achieve this. Most internet streams are great but can be unreliable. But I am sure by the start of next season, someone somewhere will have this sorted for the better and the cat and mouse game will start all over again.

satscene
06-05-2017, 10:10 PM
With regard to the footy, any foreign audio is a million times better than listening to Robbie Savage droneing on

bonovox
07-05-2017, 10:15 PM
The only thing sky has that is hard to find elsewhere is Cricket.

scrambled
08-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Yes cricket is a lot harder to find. But those with internet access may be interested that some county websites have a fixed camera on the wicket showing live coverage from one end. This is for county championship games. Last season Nottingham and Glamorgan had live four day games with local radio commentary. Not the best coverage but a added extra to enjoy. International cricket is covered on lots of Asian channels but most of them are only available on IPTV. Once the county championship returns after the one day cup look out for live streaming of your local team if available. Hopefully there will be lots to watch. I enjoyed Glamorgan playing Gloucestershire at the end of last season, when the ball is hit into the outfield, the ball speeds away then the commentator lets you know if it has reached the boundary. Better to see something rather then just hear about it.

Barney
08-05-2017, 09:46 AM
i would Expect to see at least 1 more Transponder being Shut Down AND switched over to iCAM encryption Tommorrow [ Tuesday ] morning .
be very surprised if its not Sky Sport 1,2 and 3 or all Movie Channels on 11934 v ..we shall wait and see !!!
... its REALLY not a matter of "IF" Its WHEN :banghead:

Nikkas
08-05-2017, 04:51 PM
i would Expect to see at least 1 more Transponder being Shut Down AND switched over to iCAM encryption Tommorrow [ Tuesday ] morning .
be very surprised if its not Sky Sport 1,2 and 3 or all Movie Channels on 11934 v ..we shall wait and see !!!
... its REALLY not a matter of "IF" Its WHEN :banghead:

I like your style Barney.

Can't wait for it all to go dark myself just to see what the pay server s***bags do. Already see them sending out loads of 'limited time only offers' before the end comes. Wonder if they'll refund the suckers dumb enough to sign up once it's all over?

Sky is pantz. Not value for money by any stretch of anyone's imagination AND it never has been. Apart from sport there is nothing worth signing up for but to get the sport you have to sign up to the crap first.

Always end up looking for sport elsewhere anyway & will continue to do so in future as long as it can be found. How much longer for is anyone's guess but it does seem that other options on SAT have been slowly drying up under the "if you don't encrypt like us, you don't get the rights" campaign. Can't blame them for trying to protect their business but I think most here know the real reason CS became intolerable. Too many punters leaving to take up with cheap PS. Ruined it for those of us with the tech savvy to share privately.

....and yet I seem to remember being at a similar crossroads several times in the past and something has always turned up. So who knows what the future may hold for us.....................

holmroad
08-05-2017, 11:13 PM
True mate, when I first signed up for Sky in the old analogue days on 19E, I only paid for Sky Sports and nothing else, but now as you say you also have to pay for Entertainment as well to get Sports - PLUS, because Eurosport isn't part of Sky Sports, you need even MORE channels to pay for to get THAT too, but separately!!
CRAZY - plus mega rip off!!

Barney
08-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Yes Murdock TV is just totally the most Over-Rated Advert filled garbage package of channels ,
its really hard to believe that so many people pay massive amounts of money
to fund this irrelevant package and make Mr.Murdock the huge backstabbing Billionaire that he is today !!
my sat dish very rare if it ever moves to 28E at all these days
im more than content with the amount of quality Feeds that are still knocking about ,
after Murdock TV is history which will not be long at all i believe Live Feeds and IPTV will be the future of watching TV
only question remains is when all these commercial servers stop funding Murdock TV and plenty of other subscribers quit paying
will Murdock still afford to pay for EPL and dominate the market ??
i would imagine its going to get pretty buzy at various Sky Call centers this summer with very large numbers withdrawing their subscriptions
i think anyone with even half a brain will be making that phone call to Sky and taking their hard earned $'s elsewhere :respect-048:
and the Commercial subscribers will begin to advertise like they are doing already with "Free Gift " IPTV Bundles and so-called Bargains
and thus the money keeps rolling in again as before with cheapo IPTV Streaming Boxes and "Gifts" advertised everywhere we look ..LOL's !!!

Barney
09-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Does not seem there was any further dark screens this morning apart from ALL Sky Disney Kids Channels are looking like they are all using iCAM Encryption now ?
Even Disney XD But i'm not sure if that is already mentioned in this thread or not ?

^^COMPASS^^
09-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Does not seem there was any further dark screens this morning apart from ALL Sky Disney Kids Channels are looking like they are all using iCAM Encryption now ?
Even Disney XD But i'm not sure if that is already mentioned in this thread or not ?

Yes Disney XD etc was mentioned in post 183 of this thread

scrambled
09-05-2017, 11:27 AM
If I remember right I used to subscribe to sky sports 1 for about £13 a month in the beginning. Then sky sports 2 came along and you could add this if you wanted too for a extra cost. In those days you were happy to pay for football but more importantly cricket, as most games were not available live elsewhere.

Then digital came along allowing the packages to get bigger and more pricey, and including a lot of channels you don't need or watch. Remember sky closed down Eurosport in 1991 after they merged (put out of business with big cheque book) with BSB and the sports channel became sky sports. French broadcasters and ESPN bought Eurosport and over 25 years later it still attempts and achieves to kick sky's butt, as many others also do.

If and when CS finishes it will be interesting to see the chur rate percentage a few months after, as this is the number of cancellations shown as a percentage. In theory it should go up dramatically. We will see from this the effect of finishing off CS and the state of sky after this.

rocky415
16-05-2017, 05:18 AM
looks like all sky sports now gone

jrbmw
16-05-2017, 06:31 AM
Got this from another forum

22 more gone as of just after 4am 16/05/17

Sky Sports 1 UK
Sky Sports 2 IRL
sky Sports 3 UK
Sky 1 UK
sky 1 +1 UK
FOX
Comedy Central UK
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon +1
Nicktoons
Nick Jr
Sky Matt Damon
Sky Arts
RTE 1 IRL
RTE 1 +1 IRL
RTE 2 IRL
TV3 IRL
TG4 IRL
Oireachtas TV IRL
RTE Jr IRL
RTE News Now IRL

checked two servers, down on both

Dark Cloud
16-05-2017, 08:48 AM
well, that's it, I have had the official word from "She who knows all".
She says it was great while it lasted,..........Mrs Cloud is now into IPTV.

^^COMPASS^^
16-05-2017, 08:49 AM
You can add Sky Sports Mix & Sky Sports F1 to the unavailable list too
Got this from another forum

22 more gone as of just after 4am 16/05/17

Sky Sports 1 UK
Sky Sports 2 IRL
sky Sports 3 UK
Sky 1 UK
sky 1 +1 UK
FOX
Comedy Central UK
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon +1
Nicktoons
Nick Jr
Sky Matt Damon
Sky Arts
RTE 1 IRL
RTE 1 +1 IRL
RTE 2 IRL
TV3 IRL
TG4 IRL
Oireachtas TV IRL
RTE Jr IRL
RTE News Now IRL

checked two servers, down on both

jrbmw
16-05-2017, 09:28 AM
well, that's it, I have had the official word from "She who knows all".
She says it was great while it lasted,..........Mrs Cloud is now into IPTV.

yes IPTV is the way to go.............already trying it and all channels thats gone working.And Hd

seamouse
16-05-2017, 10:03 AM
12266 H 27500

RTÉ One
RTÉ 2
TG 4
RTÉ News
Now
RTÉ Jr (06-19)
Oireachtas TV
RTÉ One +1
Sky Sports Mix
Sky News
Arabia
Nickelodeon UK
Nickelodeon UK +1
NickToons UK
Nick Jr UK
Baby TV Europe
Sky Living Ireland +1

gone, but virgin OK, but heard a remour today in ireland UPC sky movies disney blank?

seamouse
16-05-2017, 10:04 AM
yes IPTV is the way to go.............already trying it and all channels thats gone working.And Hd

thats because feed via a cable card and server, not sat

Sawdust
16-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Or a TV capture card direct to the box.

ripley
16-05-2017, 10:29 AM
This day was always coming, only interested in the sports, fooked now for the lions😣will av to go to the pub now to watch😆never mind we all had a good run and maybe something will happen in the near future, 🤔

seamouse
16-05-2017, 10:55 AM
can get via iptv and some kodi addons

Sawdust
16-05-2017, 10:59 AM
I would imagine once CS is taken care of, IPTV servers will be hunted down.

Talk's
16-05-2017, 11:16 AM
I would imagine once CS is taken care of, IPTV servers will be hunted down.
I have to agree with sawdust on what he says about IPTV.
I would hope that most dont use iptv. Could be getting them shelves into a whole lot of trouble. best just use the rest of the other satellites and what ever little can be seen is better than ending up getting into trouble with your own internet.

Talks.

Barney
16-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Movies,Rest of Kids Channels and Music/Do***entary/Entrainment Channels should be gone by end of the month or Next month at the latest :nopity:

And Sure Murdock was cute enuff to darken The Sly Sport Channel before Sunday's Final EPL Games and Upcoming GAA Games pretty much as expected
It does not bother me in the slightest however because i will still continue to watch Sky Sport in Full HD via Feeds
and im sure Box Office Feeds will continue as they have done for the past 10 years : ))
i have already cancelled my Sky Sub a month ago i'll keep Seperate BT/Eir Sport and Box Nation Sub for as long as it lasts .
But IPTV i hope will keep going and hopefully by end of the summer someone might be able to break this new iCAM encryption system even tho' it looks highly unlikely at this moment : ))

Talk's
16-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys
Just been reading on a dif forum to pimps and it was a eye opener > New attack from SLY UK to all IPTV's providers, A guy that is sending iptv in any of the said provider will be closed down if the said abuse of the provider is not removed from his iptv OVH companys server.

In a nutshell game over guys, seems pointless trying to be the clever one and end up like the above fella did.

regards Talks.

oldfart
16-05-2017, 01:24 PM
IPTV is OK if you have a decent internet connection, ours isn't!!!
So .. where did I put that S K Y box I haven't used for 8 years?

ripley
16-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Hopefully the old saying 'as one door closes another one opens'will come true🤔

Barney
16-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys
Just been reading on a dif forum to pimps and it was a eye opener > New attack from SLY UK to all IPTV's providers, A guy that is sending iptv in any of the said provider will be closed down if the said abuse of the provider is not removed from his iptv OVH companys server.

In a nutshell game over guys, seems pointless trying to be the clever one and end up like the above fella did.

regards Talks.Garbage !! A guy that is ...He said..She Said etc.....WTF ??
IPTV has nothing whatsoever to do with Satellite TV or even this thread Topic you will find ,
so open a new Topic about this Rumours and other Fake Stories .

Sly is Shutting C/S Down due to the mass Spam advertising of people offering non-Legit "Gifts" and Dodgy Clone Boxes
Nothing whatsoever to do with IPTV AT ALL !!!
So In a nutshell as you say please keep on Topic : )
Thanks !

Nikkas
16-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Sorry but IPTV has everything to do with CS Barney. It is where these former PS s***bags have moved or are moving. The streams they distribute come entirely from existing CS servers incl. VM (HD) which is why Sty UK are now targeting them also.

Talk's
16-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Dear Barney

I could post the url here of the post i was reading and even the email he got from the ovh company, But i am not a Rule Breaker to start posting another forums url here in pimps that is my first reply to you, as for the topic change then dont aim your bullits at me m8ty because you will see via reading above my posts i did not start the change in this threads transponder so get your facts right and dont ask me to break the rules to prove what i said about ovh is true and correct. Try to google the head liner > New attack from SLY UK to all IPTV's providers, and then read it for your self.

Talks.

DCG
16-05-2017, 10:27 PM
keep it nice guys plz and chris calm down buddy

Talk's
17-05-2017, 12:21 AM
keep it nice guys plz and chris calm down buddy

Dave I am sorry to have said the above to barney, but i was right to dig back at him when he quoted my text even when i was not the one to start changing the topic.

I do Agree with what Nikkas said about iptv and it mainly comes from cs lines, & i can prove that aswell but aint worth the arguements. I know i have helped many a guy here in pimps or better known as satdudes in the past to set a box up with a better way of sharing and how its done the Right Way & not the live in a dream world of hope. Any one i have helped in the past has never looked back and do not get problems with most of the satellite providers out there.

To be Honest I just dont care what others do anymore & with the greatest of respect to all here i have given alot of help in the past years to many users of cs & you can ask any of them if i have ever said buy me a beer and never ever will because i am one of the old school boys in satellite know how. I can also say a couple of guys here have helped me when i was a bit out of touch with certain ways of getting feeds to work. so all good there to share what you know to each other. Truth be known i am still doing my own thing & willing to help anyone with what i get in my setup. and to say the least its prob alot more than most get. So i will leave that upto the few here that want to know the better ways on the veiwing of satellite tv.

Its a shame that when a old head like me gives up with what i did here when seeing some of the bad text in there replies to what i was saying to members in my other posts, so the way i do see it these days is let things be and let other do what ever they feel is right to do, if they want better ways then they know how to get intouch with me here or else where.

I still firmly believe that most forums started it all as a hobby many years ago & i still see it as a hobby to try and get things to work and happy days, its not all about the one provider so as a hobby to guys that see it as a hobby there is still alot more satellites to veiw, Its just a pity that the blind dont see the reality of what is going on.

Kind regards Talks, (aka DJ maff moderator of the old satdudes ) the good old days :)

jeetley2
17-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi Guys, Sly sport 1,2,3 on 30 deg west 12246H 27500 still ok. Watching Man'C v West Brom last night. The Audio was in Portuguese though.

crabber
17-05-2017, 08:15 AM
I wonder what the satellite box manufacturers will think of all this as it must surely hit their sales. Why would anyone buy a box if it cant be used for CS etc?
OK I know we have FTA on various sats plus feeds but most people are/were trying to get something for nothing.
I subscribe to BT sport and I will be cancelling it and definitely not taking out a sly sub!