PDA

View Full Version : Loss of audio & loss of AV & box rebooting

charlie123
11-04-2017, 10:04 AM
My trusted spiderbox has developed a number of issues over the past week or so

When watching a channel say bbc1 HD. The box will reboot on its own accord

Or when watching a channel on a Cs line, the video and audio will drop or when changing channels all cs channels would become scrambled. Rebooting the box recovers this but after changing channels - the box would lose AV again

I will be performing a factory reset - if l can remember when to do - then reflash with firmware

However if the box is on its way out

Which box would anyone recommend for a motorised dish and easy channel updates

Thanks
Charlie

Mickha
11-04-2017, 10:28 AM
It all depends on youir budget, and reqirements, 4K, dual tuners, internal hard drive, for recording, etc....
I replaced my Spiderbox 9000 HD with a VU+ Duo 2, which I'm happy with, but it requires some learning, to get the most out of it.

charlie123
11-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the quick response
I would say my budget is 200-250

But would need a box which can be easily updated - internal HDD would be good but not essential and doesn't have to be 4K

charlie123
11-04-2017, 10:54 AM
I have played around with the zgemma boxes so quite familiar with these

Just need single tuner box really
And l can stick a 32GB pen drive to this

Do you think this is sufficient for my needs

All l need it for

28 east to 1 west

Mickha
11-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Any HD satellite receiver should suit those simple needs, check out what's available, at Goldwafers.
https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/HD-Receivers/

Personally I wanted a little more, especially the dual tuners, with the option to increase to 4, and the ability to do more, with the internet connectivity.

charlie123
11-04-2017, 04:07 PM
thanks Mickha, lm heading towards the zgemma as l know more about it and it simple towards my needs

thanks again. l will checkout goldwafers hd receivers